Enhance help, Socket bonus worth it?

Real quick question, I just got a pair of heroic pants for my enhancement OS, but the problem is I'm already over hit cap, sitting at 8.13%, yet the pants have 2 blue sockets, with a +120 agi bonus. So my question is, is it worth passing on that socket bonus, plus the gem agility so I don't waste the stats on hit, or should I just deal with the excess hit for now in hopes I finally get a new weapon or something to drop hit? I have no idea how to sim really, and last time I tried it came out terribly...

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tatia/advanced

Going over hit cap isn't necessarily a bad thing. It's not optimal, but it's not completely wasted stats. You'd have to use simcraft to check your stat weights. If 320 agility is worth more than 120 Agility + 360 Mastery + 360 hit, then by all means gem with pure Agility.

I haven't used Simcraft in a while, but from what I remember you just import your character, and tick the 'Scaling' boxes (stats), for stats you want to check.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

Aslong as you dont need the hit, you should go with the gems that gives the most agility, which in your case will be two 160 agi gems.

80 agility + 80 agility = 160 agility + (socket bonus 120 agility) = 280 agility
    160 agility + 160 agility = 320 agility

Or go with mastery if thats higher on the stat weights
    Last edited by WarcLowN; 2014-01-16 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glyphtics View Post
    Going over hit cap isn't necessarily a bad thing. It's not optimal, but it's not completely wasted stats. You'd have to use simcraft to check your stat weights. If 320 agility is worth more than 120 Agility + 360 Mastery + 360 hit, then by all means gem with pure Agility.

I haven't used Simcraft in a while, but from what I remember you just import your character, and tick the 'Scaling' boxes (stats), for stats you want to check.

Alright, I might give it a go again tomorrow. Last time I ended up with some completely funky things...something about going crit more or something, I was so confused....and it took like 3 hours on my old laptop to do...

Quote Originally Posted by WarcLowN View Post
    Aslong as you dont need the hit, you should go with the gems that gives the most agility, which in your case will be two 160 agi gems.

80 agility + 80 agility = 160 agility + (socket bonus 120 agility) = 280 agility

Although this sounds like a lot less work for me

Thanks for the help though, I haven't really focused hugely on DPS gemming and stuff since Cata, so I'm still a bit confused overall with the secondary stat inflation on the gems :x

Deleted
    You should probably look over your entire setup. You currently have a few unenchanted and ungemmed items, and your cloak is sporting a +hit enchant as well. While I don't think you can reforge down to hit cap anymore, but you still have some stats to cash in on.

Socket bonuses are budgeted high enough that they're essentially always worth going after. The only real exception to that (for our spec) is an expertise socket bonus if you're already over exp cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Qieth View Post
    You should probably look over your entire setup. You currently have a few unenchanted and ungemmed items, and your cloak is sporting a +hit enchant as well. While I don't think you can reforge down to hit cap anymore, but you still have some stats to cash in on.
    What the...now I feel dumb for missing that cape enchant. I know I have missing enchants and gems, it's because I play resto purely for raiding, my enhance spec is just for questing and dungeons, so I haven't been focusing heavily on it since the end of ToT. But definitely thanks for that cape headsup! That slipped by me somehow lol.

Quote Originally Posted by WarcLowN View Post

577 enhance with multiple top 50 parses checking in - this is inaccurate

the socket bonus is 120 agi, go with agi/hit and agi/hit or hit/mastery hit/mastery whichever benfits you most

if you did pure agi, you'd sacrifice 240 hit for 40 agi, that's not worth it. Even if you are over hit cap it's still not wasted stats for enhance. More hit = more white attacks = more damage. If you can avoid being over hit cap, then that's fine, but a 120 agi socket bonus is definitely not worth skipping.

Sacrificing 40 agi for 240 hit is worth it