Lightbulb Equip, Cast, Equip Macro

I'm trying to create a macro where I equip an item, cast an ability, then equip a different item. Specifically, I'm trying to get a macro to equip a 2H weapon, cast Obliterate, then DW. Problem is, when I click it, it will just switch between weapons, completely ignoring the cast command. What do I do?

The macro is just below. MultiBarLeftButton2 is the macro to DW.

DW Macro:
    /equipslot 16 Siegecrafter's Forge Hammer
    /equipslot 17 Kil'Ruk's Furious Blade

Macro that I'm having trouble getting to work:
    #showtooltip Obliterate
    /equipslot 16 Greatsword of Pride's Fall
    /cast Obliterate
    /click MultiBarLeftButton2

Though I don't exactly have a fix for you at this time, when you set up everything like that it's going to try to do everything at the same time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxatives View Post
    I'm trying to create a macro where I equip an item, cast an ability, then equip a different item. Specifically, I'm trying to get a macro to equip a 2H weapon, cast Obliterate, then DW. Problem is, when I click it, it will just switch between weapons, completely ignoring the cast command. What do I do?

The macro is just below. MultiBarLeftButton2 is the macro to DW.

DW Macro:
    /equipslot 16 Siegecrafter's Forge Hammer
    /equipslot 17 Kil'Ruk's Furious Blade

Macro that I'm having trouble getting to work:
    #showtooltip Obliterate
    /equipslot 16 Greatsword of Pride's Fall
    /cast Obliterate
    /click MultiBarLeftButton2

i think i have a nice sollution for you and this macro problem
    since I had the same problem on my FUrywarrior
    but then with switching from 1hs to 2hs,
    my attempt to make weaponswitch macros would always leave me with 2h in MH and a 1h in OH
    tried several equip and click macros but nothing seemed to work,

untill i decided to try and use the Equipmanager to make "weapon macros"
    now i have a Fury macro that switches perfectly from 1h's to 2h's to 1h's to 2h's and NEVER EVER fails

TO show u an example here's my Fury Weapon Toggle Macro (Feel free to use this for DK/Monk/Warriors, it works if you find yoursellf having to or wanting to switch between 2 and 1h's alot)

#showtooltip
    /equipset [equipped:twohander] ONEHANDERS;[noequipped:twohander] TWOHANDERS

Now to fix your macro !!!

Firstoff

here's a BETTER way to make a equip-weapon macro then the /click ones ,
    that u will use in macros like the one u tried to make

go to your EquiptmentManager, make a new set and give it a name,
    for example i'll use "WEPS DUALWIELD" as setname,
    next , you equip your 2x 1handers,
    and ignore EVERY other slot in the set, except the 2 weapons,
    then save it

you should have a set that ONLY has 2 weapons to equip, and all other slots ignored(ignore all ur gear to prevent lag when u press the macro, after all this is a weapon macro)

you can now use /equipset WEPS DUALWIELD instead of the /equip MH /equip OH , or /Clickactionbar macro, this works ALOT better and faster

Now that we have the Equipmentset with 1handers made, were gonna make the Actual macro
    you want to give the macro certain conditions, one of these is the [equipped:] condition,
    u can make it so you ONLY equip your 2h if you have no 2h currently equipped
    or you ONLY cast a spell if you have a 2h equipped, never with a 1h equipped
    this is nice to To prevent the weapons from spam-switching, or to prevent you doing Obliterate with 1h's,

this is what you want to put in the macro

(MACRO 1 - OBLITERATE WITH 2h)

#showtooltip Obliterate
    /cast [equipped:twohander]Obliterate
    /equip [noequipped:twohander]Greatsword of Pride's Fall

(MACRO 2 - FROST / RUNE With 1H's)

#showtooltip Frost Strike
    /cast [equipped:onehander]Frost Strike
    /equipset [equipped:twohander]WEPS DUALWIELD

Macro 1

First Line : will cast Obliterate (ONLY when you have a 2hander equipped)
    if u have 1handers equipped, it will NEVER do obliterate with them, until u put the 2h on)

Second Line: this will Equip your 2h
    (ONLY if you currently have NO 2Hander equipped)

MACRO2 : will equip the set with the two 1Handers we made earlier, and casts Frost Strike
    (it only does so if your current weapon is a 2hander)

this way , you can replace the actual Obliterate spell on ur spellbar with the Obliterate Macro, and u can replace the normal Frost/Rune strike with the Equip 1h's macro

and so in conclusion ,
    everytime you will use Obliterate it will equip your 2hander,
    it keeps your 2hander on until u press that second macro,
    this is why u add a Strike/Attack to this 1h macro that u use often in 1hspec

Press Obliterate : Equip 2h+Obliterate

Press Frost Strike : Equip 1H's + Frost Strike

its pretty impossible to put it in 1 macro like you wanted,it will just ignore the Obliterate and just spamtoggle between 1h and 2h's,
    thisway its 2 macros but u wont have to have 2 Extra binds cause u macro'd those 2 attacks into it
    Hope this helps alot, any questions u have ill be glad to answer
    Last edited by mmoc71748ad968; 2014-01-16 at 06:04 AM.

even if the macro worked the Might of the frozen wastes and Threat of Tharassian passives go on a 30 second cooldown after swapping weapons to prevent such shenanigans netting you a huge dps loss.
    I cant provide a link since the blue post was on the cataclysm beta forums wich no longer exist.