Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Brucemighty View Post
    BTW, would Bliz troll us by putting account bound old reputations after all the trouble we went through?
    Well first, if they did that, it wouldn't be just to troll players like you. It would be for the convenience of players who farmed certain reps on one toon and certain reps on another, and want those reps on one toon for purposes of the achievements or vanity items or whatnot.

Second, I don't see them doing a blanket "ALL reps are now account-wide" because that removes a lot of gameplay potential for alts for current-expansion reputation gates. For example, if your alt suddenly got Exalted Sunreaver Onslaught or Kirin Tor Offensive, then you'd have very little reason to do any 5.2 Isle of Thunder dailies or the solo scenarios at all, and you could just buy whatever you needed from the vendor straight away. They intend for alts to be played, not trivially carried. They've said before, they wants alts to be FASTER to gear up, not instant. So basically, if they did something like this, they would probably only do it for old expansions, previous expansions, e.g. if they did it during WoD then they'd only do it for factions belonging to classic through MoP. Make sense?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I switched my main from priest to monk. Problem is I am trying to work on rep achievement, and most of exalted rep are on my priest. You can say "take your time" but man... this is one boring thing. I mean especially old one. Even with guild perks and flag(which is 10min cd... should be 5 min at most), it takes freaking ever.
    You are never the only one.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    Well first, if they did that, it wouldn't be just to troll players like you. It would be for the convenience of players who farmed certain reps on one toon and certain reps on another, and want those reps on one toon for purposes of the achievements or vanity items or whatnot.

Second, I don't see them doing a blanket "ALL reps are now account-wide" because that removes a lot of gameplay potential for alts for current-expansion reputation gates. For example, if your alt suddenly got Exalted Sunreaver Onslaught or Kirin Tor Offensive, then you'd have very little reason to do any 5.2 Isle of Thunder dailies or the solo scenarios at all, and you could just buy whatever you needed from the vendor straight away. They intend for alts to be played, not trivially carried. They've said before, they wants alts to be FASTER to gear up, not instant. So basically, if they did something like this, they would probably only do it for old expansions, previous expansions, e.g. if they did it during WoD then they'd only do it for factions belonging to classic through MoP. Make sense?
    Maybe, you missed my later posts. I mean OLD rep. I understand current ones, but there is absolutely NO need for old reputation to stay like that. I mean can you give me any? It doesn't make the game last longer, but more frustrating.

Maybe, you missed my later posts. I mean OLD rep. I understand current ones, but there is absolutely NO need for old reputation to stay like that. I mean can you give me any? It doesn't make the game last longer, but more frustrating.
    I didn't miss any posts, but in the part I quoted in my last post, I missed the word "old," so I was talking about reps in general. Sorry

I'm at 54 on my warrior (old main) and it bugs me. There are some that are just can't see myself doing again (like grinding out the rep for the insane achievement). I ended up as Brewmaster tanking for our raid group due to raid comp issues. I like playing my monk but I'm not sure I can let my warrior go just cause there's too much stuff I've done on there that I cannot be bothered doing again (insane rep grinds, argent tournament, etc etc).

I'm currently getting my Paladin back up to speed in preparation for WOD because of this... and by up to speed, I mean legendary cloak and fill all the green bars under "Mists of Pandaria".

The Monks fun, but I'm a completionist, and someone who HATES re-doing grinds I've already done.... so it came down to re-grinding MOP reps, or Re-grind everything but MOP reps, was a no brainer really. The only one I'm getting frustrated with is Emperor Shaohao for the 2nd time.

Admittedly though, it's not just reps, even with toys going BOA like mounts/pets, I honestly don't think my OCD will let me prema re-roll until I can copy (move) literally everything from one character to another.

Even the guild page showing my Monks achievements at a mere 9k gets me grumpy.