Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
11
12
... LastLast
  1. #181
    Just seems like a waste of money to buy it- considering Bliz's plans for 6.0 and no flying for a patch. Just opinion by the way.

  2. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlaine View Post
    This is seriously one of the ugliest things I've ever seen - looks like it belongs in The Flintstones instead of WoW. If I'd have gotten this as a bop mount in game I would have vendored after I'd finished laughing.

    Well, then enjoy an entire expansion 90% filled with this kind of stuff. I'm already sick of the 'Iron Horde' style, and that was just because of the little bit of 5.4 Siege of Orgrimmar stuff that had the theme. I will barf my face out this expansion. I mean, I still like WoD, but I dislike the fact that they are inevitably gonna hammer that style into our heads. The Draenei-themed sets that will likely represent a small portion of the new stuff in WoD will save me from insanity.
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Well it's good to see the keyboard activists in full effect. Doing the laziest, most asinine thing they could think of off the top of their heads and calling it justice while making no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H20
    Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

  3. #183
    Quote Originally Posted by Berethos08 View Post
    What games are you playing that charge $150+ for a mount? Most I've seen go as low as $15 or as high as $40, with most sitting around $20 to $25. Nothing particularly special about Blizzard's price here, it's bog standard for a store sold mount.

    That said, this is a mount I would consider buying if I played on a more frequent basis, as it does look pretty badass. Hoping it's not the only two-headed drake style mount related to WoD though as it would be a shame to see such a badass style creature be used for only one mount.
    Not a mount i guess but - https://www.pathofexile.com/shop/cat...rpionLightning 1100 points = $110 No, this isn't a knock about the game cause the game is really really good but its a example of a game that sells pets and other things at high prices. (They also sell cheap pets and stuff) The game is also completely F2P but you asked for a game that sold really expensive stuff...

    They also sell a "Make your own legendary with the devs pack" for $2000 as another example of an expensive completely in game item this one you have to farm yourself so you may never even get the item you make. The more expensive stuff is really just there for people who want to donate for the cause.

  4. #184
    I love the Sky Golem flight animations (once I got used to the 'swing' being visual rather than literal), and I'll be adding this one to my collection as soon as it arrives in the US store. The one failing of Heart of the Aspects is that the "flap" animation was too fast; this one seems to have fixed that!

  5. #185
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    You can go that way with anything. It's not a fair way to refute an argument. At all. It's not even in-context. What would you say if I said "A serial killer once said something similar to your argument against store mounts or people buying them. Therefore, your argument is now rendered invalid."


    It doesn't work. When you are arguing things, they are supposed to stay in-context. Telling someone his argument is bad because of some outlandish examples of people using something similar as a justification for their horrible crimes is just unfair debating, if you can call it 'debating' at all. Please don't make that mistake again.
    First of all it's not a "once" used arguement but an ALWAYS used arguement. The situation is very similar. You support something with it where you know that it's not okay(either legally or morally). Granted that one is much worse than the other...but it doesn't change that there is the same core idea behind it.
    "I want it and I know it's wrong to support something like that...but hey, I want it so much NOW."...and then you don't wanna be blamed for acting like that and you are surprised that people that take the "It's wrong to support it, so I won't do it, no matter how much I want it!"-approach judge you. Odd...

  6. #186
    It looks pretty but i've bought enough mounts to last a lifetime. Good for the collectors though!

  7. #187
    Very cheap, should be 2x as much

  8. #188
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacster View Post
    First of all it's not a "once" used arguement but an ALWAYS used arguement. The situation is very similar. You support something with it where you know that it's not okay(either legally or morally). Granted that one is much worse than the other...but it doesn't change that there is the same core idea behind it.
    "I want it and I know it's wrong to support something like that...but hey, I want it so much NOW."...and then you don't wanna be blamed for acting like that and you are surprised that people that take the "It's wrong to support it, so I won't do it, no matter how much I want it!"-approach judge you. Odd...


    So.. you're equating selling optional pixels on a store to molesting a child. I think you might want to take that back.
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Well it's good to see the keyboard activists in full effect. Doing the laziest, most asinine thing they could think of off the top of their heads and calling it justice while making no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H20
    Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

  9. #189
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    So.. you're equating selling optional pixels on a store to molesting a child. I think you might want to take that back.

    If I would have said that I might have something to take back. Fortunately I didn't say that....

    If that is the best you can come up with to defend your arguement, rather wave a white flag.
    Last edited by Pacster; 2014-01-16 at 04:32 PM.

  10. #190
    Quote Originally Posted by ejpaints View Post
    $25 is a drop in a bucket for me. So I'm sorry if mommy won't give you her credit card or your Burger job doesn't pay enough. But I don't have those problems. Mounts on p2win games can cost in excess of $150. So I have no issue throwing $25 at blizz for something I like. I mean seriously how dare they as a company use a cost effective way to generate extra revenue. It's not like they're a business.... Wait.....oh yea.

    The social experiment that UO started in-game, has obviously moved to the forums these days. I find it fascinating that someone would try or want to identify themselves as rich and spokesperson for corpotations because they have 25 dollars to spend.

  11. #191
    Curious why the timing of the release matters in the slightest.

    You either want to buy this stuff or you don't. Wouldn't you want the stuff you want to buy to come out sooner so you can, you know-- BUY it?

    I see people complaining "TOO SOON" and then saying in the same breath that they're buying it anyway. WAT?

    I would think if you were truly indignant, you would wish to speak with your dollars-- the only voice that matters-- and not purchase it.

    It's not like it goes on sale for a week and disappears. It's there if you want it. So take it or leave it.


    You humans are weird sometimes.

  12. #192
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I can't wrap my mind around an adult spending 25 dollars on this thing, and then proceeding to aggressively defend that guided decision on forums through argument. I am sitting here trying to imagine how a person like that can go through life not being taken seriously by anyone and being taken advantage of by everyone. Where do they live, how do they survive and why don't I ever met people like that irl. I have an easier time imagining flying unicorns tbh. It's one thing to splurge responsibly..
    You normally don't meet people like that in real life because people don't act like that normally. Yes there are exceptions. But for example, if everyone is standing around saying an item in a store is a ripoff, you won't see someone walk through the middle of the crowd and say, "I spend my money on stuff that brings me pleasure. Sorry if mommy won't buy it for you people." Anonymity brings out the best.

  13. #193
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacster View Post
    If I would have said that I might have something to take back. Fortunately I didn't say that....

    If that is the best you can come up with to defend your arguement, rather wave a white flag.

    No, you're just making some fallacious comparisons and outlandish arguments. Sorry, but you make no sense in that regard.
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Well it's good to see the keyboard activists in full effect. Doing the laziest, most asinine thing they could think of off the top of their heads and calling it justice while making no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H20
    Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

  14. #194
    Quote Originally Posted by Deftone007 View Post
    Im by no means a lore junkie, but Im pretty suprised that they would release the mount prior to any iron horde stuff being released. Seems odd and I wonder if they will make a post to explain.
    This will most likely be a model for mobs in wod and available in-game with different color. It wont sell anymore at that point. Blizzard is in huge debt after they loaned money to buy themselves from Vivendi, and Koticks latest exploitation innovation has been to sell future mob/mount models with cash before you can get them in-game.

  15. #195
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    No, you're just making some fallacious comparisons and outlandish arguments. Sorry, but you make no sense in that regard.
    I'm so sorry that I ain't sitting in your box thinking your way....

  16. #196
    They must be bleeding subs badly to release another RMT mount so soon. Got to keep those stockholders happy somehow I guess.
    Shame they're so short sighted though. This "pump up the next quarterly report" mentality is killing this game. Such a shame for a once great gaming company.

  17. #197
    LOL at all the whining people. I like the $25 dollar mount so i will buy it, like last night i spent around the same on beer i just pissed out this morning. I will buy what i like, and you don't buy what you don't like.

  18. #198
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacster View Post
    I'm so sorry that I ain't sitting in your box thinking your way....

    If you're comparing the use of a certain argument by a customer playing a game to the use of a similar argument used by child molesters, and using that to say "using x argument is bad because people who've used similar argument under different circumstances used it."


    Then yeah, you are not sitting in my box, thinking my way. I am glad that isn't 'my way'.
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Well it's good to see the keyboard activists in full effect. Doing the laziest, most asinine thing they could think of off the top of their heads and calling it justice while making no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H20
    Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

  19. #199
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    If you're comparing the use of a certain argument by a customer playing a game to the use of a similar argument used by child molesters, and using that to say "using x argument is bad because people who've used similar argument under different circumstances used it."


    Then yeah, you are not sitting in my box, thinking my way. I am glad that isn't 'my way'.
    Same argument, similar circumstances...not similar argument, different circumstances.

  20. #200
    BRING back the wizardcrab blizzard clearly he was the voice of reason. Also I like to think those arent rockets but carrying cases for loot, like what bikers have on bikes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •