Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    More crap for idiots to waste their money on.
    Define waste. I see people who go to McDonald's and order $5 or more meals/5 days a week as a waste of health imo. What about people who buy a 12 pack of beer a week, that's like $40+ to get wasted then to piss it all away in the morning.

Paying $25 dollars to find a little bit more joy in a game that they love. That's like .83 cents a day enjoyment. Compared to other vices people have, that's pretty damn cheap.

It's all about perspective I suppose.

Amazing animations, makes flying feel so much more like actual flight than a glorified swim mechanic edit. Along with ACTUAL clouds like Uldum, the feeling of turbulence and wind currents do so much more to make flying feel epic beyond "Hey look i'm up really high and moving fast". Imagine if this kind of stuff was there in the game when it was implemented in TBC when flying was just a strange nude magazine most of us looked at in the creek behind the gas station hoping we could see in real life one day in the future when we grew up.
    - - - Updated - - -

But the lore,... this makes no damn sense. Was bad enough seeing Pandaren living in Stormwind overnight for no reason. They really need to pay more attention to this stuff.
    Cataclysm should have had an in game log in moment, not just a cinematic. Worgen and Goblin got to see it happen, my main character was just magically zoned to Stormwind.
    Last edited by Yig; 2014-01-16 at 07:36 PM.

Cant believe it had its own trailer, talk about development time.

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    Amazing animations, makes flying feel so much more like actual flight than a glorified swim mechanic edit. Along with ACTUAL clouds like Uldum, the feeling of turbulence and wind currents do so much more to make flying feel epic beyond "Hey look i'm up really high and moving fast". Imagine if this kind of stuff was there in the game when it was implemented in TBC when flying was just a strange nude magazine most of us looked at in the creek behind the gas station hoping we could see in real life one day in the future when we grew up.
    - - - Updated - - -

But the lore,... this makes no damn sense. Was bad enough seeing Pandaren living in Stormwind overnight for no reason. They really need to pay more attention to this stuff.
    Cataclysm should have had an in game log in moment, not just a cinematic. Worgen and Goblin got to see it happen, my main character was just magically zoned to Stormwind.

- - - Updated - - -

I like many other players in my guild think this was a complete fluke by Blizzard. I swore at Blizzcon they said this mount wouldn't be out until WoD, and even the trailer seems like this should have been the case.

Once the cat is out of the bag, I doubt they could have put it back in (without all the QQ) so they just released it early.

Grunt
    Good concept,animations&colors.I can't stand the engines though :/ and why release it so early? I guess it was meant to be a store mount and it gets prio to be made,so that you can release it faster&make a bigger profit? Makes sense but its kind of cheap that some people will get to have the new expac's mounts so much earlier than others.

just to put things into perspective...

why isnt there time to make a 5.5 "ruby sanctum" type of raid? the majority of assets would be reused, so dev time would be minimal. just throw in some orc as an "iron horde" boss and poof, you have a raid.

no time for that, but there IS time to make a NEW model, and release a trailer for it? which blows my mind since typically only raid previews get trailers.

it's just silly. and greedy. yes, I know I dont have to buy it, nor do I plan to. but blizzards official line is that "no MoP content till WoD cause any time spent now will delay the xpac". but here we are, with yet another store mount, even with a trailer!

Iron Skyreaver before Stormcrow .. ? I'm a bit disappointed.

Really start to wonder where will Stormcrow come/sell/drop from.

Quote Originally Posted by AK_47 View Post
    Iron Skyreaver before Stormcrow .. ? I'm a bit disappointed.

Really start to wonder where will Stormcrow come/sell/drop from.
    Stormcrow

Heroes of the Storm

Its gonna be a Hearthstoned style promotion, buy a pack or something, get the mount.

Ah good, a flying mount to promote an expansion that discourages flying. How deliciously ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by CheerfulMatt View Post
    Define waste. I see people who go to McDonald's and order $5 or more meals/5 days a week as a waste of health imo. What about people who buy a 12 pack of beer a week, that's like $40+ to get wasted then to piss it all away in the morning.
    Beer is not a waste....

Quote Originally Posted by KWC3587 View Post
    Ah good, a flying mount to promote an expansion that discourages flying. How deliciously ironic.
    Its 2 months bud, 2 months without flying, that is nothing, you will live.

I feel like a new mount is made for the store every other month. What ever happened to mounts you get by playing the game we pay money to subscribe to?

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    I feel like a new mount is made for the store every other month. What ever happened to mounts you get by playing the game we pay money to subscribe to?
    Judging by the lackluster availability I think this was not planned to be released for another couple of months, I think the server issues last night prompted an early release by mistake and they just stuck with it, but I do agree, the pace does need to be slower.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Actually, it's likely 3 to 4 months but that wasn't the point. Also every new area they add to the game every patch will have flying removed, so it will still be longer than that. The point again is it is ironic to have a flying mount to promote an expansion that discourages you from flying in all new content.
    We have felled demon commanders, cowed the master of death, conquered Old Gods, and stopped the Aspect of Death from destroying the very planet. Now, we need to kill this dude who managed to enslave pudding eating panda's, slobbering sauroks, and hilariously inept hozen. Awesome. Really epic.

Actually, it's likely 3 to 4 months but that wasn't the point. Also every new area they add to the game every patch will have flying removed, so it will still be longer than that. The point again is it is ironic to have a flying mount to promote an expansion that discourages you from flying in all new content.
    Good thing you can fly around on it till you're bored with it now then huh. Kinda like that CE edition quilled I always forget I even own along with most of my other mounts I never ride.

Quote Originally Posted by ejpaints View Post
    Good thing you can fly around on it till you're bored with it now then huh. Kinda like that CE edition quilled I always forget I even own along with most of my other mounts I never ride.
    While I cannot deny that statement to be true that the mount will get boring fast, the comment does still in fact miss the point entirely
    We have felled demon commanders, cowed the master of death, conquered Old Gods, and stopped the Aspect of Death from destroying the very planet. Now, we need to kill this dude who managed to enslave pudding eating panda's, slobbering sauroks, and hilariously inept hozen. Awesome. Really epic.

The Patient
    I lol'd at the duel afterburner's

But this is just like the golden serpent, a pre xpac mount.

I kinda want it, but I have 173 other mounts I don't use right now.

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Wow. The same people complaining about WoW going p2w and locking all the nice stuff behind paywalls MUST BE the same group of greedy fucks hoping to get a free mount. They HAVE to be!
    Funny that you see this as a joke. I just went back and looked through peoples past posts and what topics they were for. Wouldn't you believe the people complaining now posted in most of the mount/pet giveaways. Im on the 4th page and have found 3 people already.
    (╯°□°)╯︵ "one never escapes from the compulsion and chance to be powerful" Peter Sloterdijk

can it work on ground? if so, your point is invalid

Quote Originally Posted by MCBGamer View Post
    Its 2 months bud, 2 months without flying, that is nothing, you will live.
    No kid, It is not 2 months. It is an entire expansion.
    Every patch, the new zone added will also be no flying.

So if you want to fly, you have to hang out in outdated content for no good reason.

Ignorance is bliss isnt it.