Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trafalgarlaw View Post
    No kid, It is not 2 months. It is an entire expansion.
    Every patch, the new zone added will also be no flying.

So if you want to fly, you have to hang out in outdated content for no good reason.

Ignorance is bliss isnt it.
    It's only until 6.1, get your facts straight.

Brewmaster

So if you want to fly, you have to hang out in outdated content for no good reason.

Its the same concept as MoP. cant fly on thunder isle, cant fly on timeless isle etc.

You really need to learn to read the patch notes..............

6.1 is the patch with flying...lololol

Quote Originally Posted by CheerfulMatt View Post
    Define waste. I see people who go to McDonald's and order $5 or more meals/5 days a week as a waste of health imo. What about people who buy a 12 pack of beer a week, that's like $40+ to get wasted then to piss it all away in the morning.

Paying $25 dollars to find a little bit more joy in a game that they love. That's like .83 cents a day enjoyment. Compared to other vices people have, that's pretty damn cheap.

It's all about perspective I suppose.
    What perspective? When you order a Big Mac you pay for a real product. There is some beef in there, some wheat and other ingredients. Also, for McDonalds it is the primary and only source of income to sell you Big Macs and other similar stuff, healthy or not. Now tell me, how do you justify the price tag of 25$ on this and other mounts? How many man-hours were actually spent to design and create this thing? How does that compare to millions $ which Blizzard will get from it? But most importantly, how does it belong in a game in which you pay your monthly sub just to access it (and believe it or not, considering how many subscribers they have, their sub price is also a rip-off, it was calculated for 500k-ish subscribers and it is being kept stable ever since). Blizzard dont need to sell those mounts to survive or expand their products. Some F2P MMO-s might need to sell such things to actually generate some sort of income. Blizzard is swimming in cash from WoW subs alone. I know a difference when a high price on something is justified and when it is not. This mount and all previous ones are just pure greed no matter how you twist it. On the other hand, perhaps I should not blame Blizzard. If there are people willing to get duped, no wonder they go ahead and exploit that.

You know, it was cool when they had maybe one or two paid mounts a year... but now I'm starting to worry they make so much money from people buying these that are getting distracted from adding awesome looking mounts YOU CAN EARN IN THE GAME. I mean, do they have one guy sitting around designing these mounts full time now? Because I would hope it's not diverted resources from art for ACTUAL NEW CONTENT.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonath View Post
    You really need to learn to read the patch notes..............

6.1 is the patch with flying...lololol
    actually they said no flying in relevant content.

so you can fly in all the old stuff youve done, but not the new zones.

So WoW is a game that can't be done F2P but they seem to have no problome doing what f2P game do with microtransactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    actually they said no flying in relevant content.

so you can fly in all the old stuff youve done, but not the new zones.
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=223780/n...enor-until-6-1

Read the Blue Note...

"We intend to disallow flying while leveling from 90 to 100, and have flying become available again in the first major patch for Warlords of Draenor" @Bashiok

Blizzard on new Moonkin forms:
    You mentioned all the other work going on by character artists, not sure why you think that means they have time to do even more.
    We will do the moonkin at some point, but it is lower priority
    https://twitter.com/OccupyGStreet/st...07820733321217

Time to do mounts for the store though.

Blizzard employs X artists. If some of those work on Silvermoon, then something else isn't going to get made.
    Or if they work on mounts, something else isn't going to get made?
    Last edited by Valarius; 2014-01-16 at 10:46 PM.
    Steam: dartagnus or Valarius | GW2: Valarius.9437 | WoW: Valarius#2649
    Let's play!

Quote Originally Posted by Tonath View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=223780/n...enor-until-6-1

Read the Blue Note...

"We intend to disallow flying while leveling from 90 to 100, and have flying become available again in the first major patch for Warlords of Draenor" @Bashiok
    What you're not getting is that yes, flying will be turned back on ... for 6.0 content. The new 6.1 content will be no-flying.

A tweet from Ghostcrawler (while he was still Lead Systems Designer):

@SimpleOlive No. We like no flying when content is relevant. In 6.1 the Draenor zones won't be current, but there will be a new no-fly zone

https://twitter.com/OccupyGStreet/st...11014708408321

The Patient
    Look like the art team had some free time to make yet a other cash cow mount!

Quote Originally Posted by taheen74 View Post
    Just seems like a waste of money to buy it- considering Bliz's plans for 6.0 and no flying for a patch. Just opinion by the way.
    Pretty much my thoughts as well. I have enough mounts for 5.4 and all things prior. Why get another one so early that I can't even use in WOD? However, if you want it, get it and enjoy. :-) Would never consider being rude to someone for making the purchase. It's still just a game folks.

Blademaster
    The trailer's pretty well made more than I could say for the WoD trailer at Blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by |Dexter| View Post
    Look like the art team had some free time to make yet a other cash cow mount!

I have my own thoughts about this mount, but it isn't particularly difficult to see that this is not a mount model they created solely to sell. It's an Iron Horde mob, that they just so happened to rip from WoD to sell it on the shop before WoD.
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Well it's good to see the keyboard activists in full effect. Doing the laziest, most asinine thing they could think of off the top of their heads and calling it justice while making no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H20
    Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

People are funny. can't use it in WoD? yes, yes you can. It's going to be just like MoP, no flying in current content. You'll still be able to fly in all the rest of the world excluding WoD current content, literally nothing changes from how it is now.

So, I just jumped to the last page without reading much of anything else.

I was hoping that there would have been some comment made about it not being available on US shop yet.

Either way, as soon as I saw this, whether it be from the CE, or some grind, (short of mythic raiding or PvP) I was going to get this mount. Since it is in the store, good. I find some mounts worth what ever it takes to obtain, and others not so much.

I use the repair mammoth and the mech-hog as well as the obsidian nightwing quite a lot as I dual box. So it was worth it to me to grind the gold to buy them ,or in the case of the nightwing, to RaF myself. Now I am thinking about the 2-seater rocket as a change of pace.

People bitch about the cash store, but I am not skilled or social enough to get some of the raid mounts, which I find far more desirable than some of the cash store mounts (looking at you, sparkle pony) for that matter the winger guardian and the armored bloodwing are the only ones I use.

But really, why do you care if I chose to spend my money on a store mount instead of beer or McDonald's or whatever? The reality is that WoW's sub fee and cash store keep artists employed and hiring more, so that raiders get more raids and PvP'ers get more battlegrounds.

In short STFU about what other people spend their money on.

Quote Originally Posted by CheerfulMatt View Post
    Define waste. I see people who go to McDonald's and order $5 or more meals/5 days a week as a waste of health imo. What about people who buy a 12 pack of beer a week, that's like $40+ to get wasted then to piss it all away in the morning.
    I'd prefer any of these 2 instead of this mount.

Might sound strange, but I don't find it "interesting". Maybe it's these afterburner things... Or the fact that there's currently no reason at all to see them in game until WoD (or maybe pre-WoD end of patch events)

I love this thread.

16 pages discussion about a store mount? This is awesome.

I spent $25 on digital property that I can choose to use or not use at my leisure. And I will enjoy this privilege until Snake Plissken enters *666* and wipes out all technology in the world. =D