Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
... LastLast
  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by Masoner View Post
    Good Guy Blizzard.

    Keeps the monthly fee cost @ the same amount for 10 years even though value wise 15 bucks is worth less than it did in 2005.
    Burst out laughing so loud when reading this, the fanboys never cease to amaze me, holy crap. Are you serious?

  2. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacster View Post
    Yeah, why should anyone deserve any blame for buying anything they so much wanted and that was around already anyway? Where did I hear that arguement before?

    Probably from someone reasonable, who didn't scream doom and gloom just over someone using their well-earned money to get a mount they very much liked or desired.
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Well it's good to see the keyboard activists in full effect. Doing the laziest, most asinine thing they could think of off the top of their heads and calling it justice while making no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H20
    Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

  3. #163
    I managed to buy this around 4am EST before they locked it up and I have to say the mount is pretty awesome. It has custom flying animation and does barrel rolls with jet trails randomly through flight. For me personally, it was worth the $25 I would have spent on 2-3 drinks going out on the weekends. People complaining about other people spending their own money baffles me. The server restarts are either to fix the error with people not being able to buy the mount, or they are going to be removing it from the store entirely. I'm leaning on fixing the bug preventing people from buying it since Blizzard released a video of it for EU servers earlier this morning.

    It's $25 people. If you can honestly say you haven't spent $25 on something more meaningless in life, then kudos to you.

  4. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Probably from someone reasonable, who didn't scream doom and gloom just over someone using their well-earned money to get a mount they very much liked or desired.
    Well, actually it was from a guy who got busted buying child-porn. But you have been soooooo close...;-)

  5. #165
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacster View Post
    Well, actually it was from a guy who got busted buying child-porn. But you have been soooooo close...;-)

    Yes. Because that is totally comparable.


    In the end, I was not expecting you to go so low to imply that I would have the same thoughts. And I figured it would actually be in context of the game, or games in general.



    Passive aggressive smiley in response to yours. Just out of courtesy.
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Well it's good to see the keyboard activists in full effect. Doing the laziest, most asinine thing they could think of off the top of their heads and calling it justice while making no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H20
    Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

  6. #166
    Dreadlord Sellest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kladno, Czech Republic
    Posts
    869
    And where is some new content for subscribed customers who pays monthly fee? /disappoint

  7. #167
    The trailer is so embarassing I can't find the words.

  8. #168
    Of course they need money because they are not pumping out any new content for the next 6+ months and they will loose a ton of subs. So buy a mount to keep them afloat....

  9. #169
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Yes. Because that is totally comparable.


    In the end, I was not expecting you to go so low to imply that I would have the same thoughts. And I figured it would actually be in context of the game, or games in general.



    Passive aggressive smiley in response to yours. Just out of courtesy.


    I didn't imply anything. I just showed that it's a pretty bad arguement.

    "I can do with my money whatever I want and if I want to let anyone exploid me then that's my choice." is a quite common stance towards things...as long as you are the one with the money and you get a penis enlargement(of whatever kind) for it. If you lose your job and your nice family-house cause there is some single dude selling his workforce for $1/h that is his right too(and he got the larger peen then cause he at least got work...you got nothing)...but I think you'd not celebrate him and his freedom anymore.
    We are just walking down the wrong alley with that kind of arguement/attitude....but it's great for company managers.

  10. #170
    Quote Originally Posted by ejpaints View Post
    $25 is a drop in a bucket for me. So I'm sorry if mommy won't give you her credit card or your Burger job doesn't pay enough. But I don't have those problems. Mounts on p2win games can cost in excess of $150. So I have no issue throwing $25 at blizz for something I like. I mean seriously how dare they as a company use a cost effective way to generate extra revenue. It's not like they're a business.... Wait.....oh yea.
    What games are you playing that charge $150+ for a mount? Most I've seen go as low as $15 or as high as $40, with most sitting around $20 to $25. Nothing particularly special about Blizzard's price here, it's bog standard for a store sold mount.

    That said, this is a mount I would consider buying if I played on a more frequent basis, as it does look pretty badass. Hoping it's not the only two-headed drake style mount related to WoD though as it would be a shame to see such a badass style creature be used for only one mount.

  11. #171
    Stood in the Fire Mr. Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Peanut Gallery
    Posts
    373
    I hope this means that the WoD CE won't come with a mount, that way I won't have to feel the shame of paying real cash money for a mount again.
    FIRE SKY BAR CHUCKLE SKY BUNNY BAR SKY CHARMER SKY DIAMOND DOLL SKY SKY SKY SKY SKY SKY SKY SKY SKY SKY SKY

  12. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacster View Post
    I didn't imply anything. I just showed that it's a pretty bad arguement.

    "I can do with my money whatever I want and if I want to let anyone exploid me then that's my choice." is a quite common stance towards things...as long as you are the one with the money and you get a penis enlargement(of whatever kind) for it. If you lose your job and your nice family-house cause there is some single dude selling his workforce for $1/h that is his right too(and he got the larger peen then cause he at least got work...you got nothing)...but I think you'd not celebrate him and his freedom anymore.
    We are just walking down the wrong alley with that kind of arguement/attitude....but it's great for company managers.

    You can go that way with anything. It's not a fair way to refute an argument. At all. It's not even in-context. What would you say if I said "A serial killer once said something similar to your argument against store mounts or people buying them. Therefore, your argument is now rendered invalid."


    It doesn't work. When you are arguing things, they are supposed to stay in-context. Telling someone his argument is bad because of some outlandish examples of people using something similar as a justification for their horrible crimes is just unfair debating, if you can call it 'debating' at all. Please don't make that mistake again.
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Well it's good to see the keyboard activists in full effect. Doing the laziest, most asinine thing they could think of off the top of their heads and calling it justice while making no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H20
    Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

  13. #173
    I am Murloc! Thelxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    5,383
    I can't wrap my mind around an adult spending 25 dollars on this thing, and then proceeding to aggressively defend that guided decision on forums through argument. I am sitting here trying to imagine how a person like that can go through life not being taken seriously by anyone and being taken advantage of by everyone. Where do they live, how do they survive and why don't I ever met people like that irl. I have an easier time imagining flying unicorns tbh. It's one thing to splurge responsibly..

  14. #174
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonath View Post
    Please Go on...How does it defeat the purpose?
    Because the definition of a game is that you play to win and/or lose by doing good/bad. Just buying things that serves no purpose other than the looks is not what I would consider a game.

  15. #175
    The Patient lanceb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    cell
    Posts
    301
    Quote Originally Posted by Landrid View Post
    Kinda miffed thought this was going to be the CE for warlords...

    such a shame blizzard has chosen to go this route
    well this is the new deal, and even if not everyone likes the idea of having mounts/pets avail via the blizzstore it will help to keep the game running,
    no game lasts forever and its a way to compensate for loss of subs.

    i dont have a any issues with this, either you buy it or you dont, these mounts isnt even needed to be able to play the game, but i as others did hoped it would be avail with the first WoD pre-exp patch instead of so soon.

    Got 1m hp fully buffed

  16. #176
    If you're wondering when we'll get awesome mounts we can actually earn ourselves in-game, the answer would be 'never'.

    As long as people buy these things, the game can only decline. These are the drawbacks of a cash shop, good design suffers, because people apparently will pay anyway. Why design something so awesome and add it as proper content in the game, through some amazing quest line, or some new dungeon, or as a reward for some achievement, if people will pay 20 bucks for it instead? Now imagine any other item - xmog gear (there has been an experiment: why would they put awesome looking gear in the game if people pay for it instead?), exp potions (why ever make the leveling experience something fun and improve the issues it has, if people pay instead?)....

    I do not understand how people cannot realize this and keep spending their money on this. I played a subscription game exactly because I cba with cash shop and micro transactions. I quit WoW (for now) for wholly different reasons, but when I look at this front page, my heart just saddens.

  17. #177
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    If you're wondering when we'll get awesome mounts we can actually earn ourselves in-game, the answer would be 'never'.

    As long as people buy these things, the game can only decline. These are the drawbacks of a cash shop, good design suffers, because people apparently will pay anyway. Why design something so awesome and add it as proper content in the game, through some amazing quest line, or some new dungeon, or as a reward for some achievement, if people will pay 20 bucks for it instead? Now imagine any other item - xmog gear (there has been an experiment: why would they put awesome looking gear in the game if people pay for it instead?), exp potions (why ever make the leveling experience something fun and improve the issues it has, if people pay instead?)....

    I do not understand how people cannot realize this and keep spending their money on this. I played a subscription game exactly because I cba with cash shop and micro transactions. I quit WoW (for now) for wholly different reasons, but when I look at this front page, my heart just saddens.
    Exactly. The game will end up with everyone flashing their bought stuff in the main cities and content is not needed since nothing show-off worthy drops there anyways.

  18. #178
    Mechagnome Nocturnes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Stella Artois is where my home is!
    Posts
    662
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiroh View Post
    You know, if you look at it economically, a store mount is cheaper than almost any mount you can get in-game, IF you have a job. Opportunity costs and stuff. I have to work 45 minutes to get the wage to buy this mount. So any mount in-game for which I have to spend more than 45 minutes farming (emphasis on farming, because farming sucks :P) is more expensive.

    20€ + 24€ gametime = 44€. You forget the gametime money

    Anyhow, i understand your point but if you don't buy the mount;game;gametime you could also say that the 45minutes you worked give you double the value
    It's like we are all Red Jelly Beans in a Jar full of various colors. Every now and then they reach in and get a Red Jelly Bean.
    We know we are in there, we can see the color, we just can't do anything to speed up our being taken out of the jar -- Jelly Beans can't speak.

  19. #179
    This is seriously one of the ugliest things I've ever seen - looks like it belongs in The Flintstones instead of WoW. If I'd have gotten this as a bop mount in game I would have vendored it after I'd finished laughing.

  20. #180
    Didn't Heart of the Aspects mount (yellow flying serpent) come out before Mists, being the first of the many serpent dragons available? So this is the pre-WoD early chimaera, so we should be getting more chimaeras in the future. I would bet most of them will not have the jetpacks.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •