Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Of course they need money because they are not pumping out any new content for the next 6+ months and they will loose a ton of subs. So buy a mount to keep them afloat....

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Yes. Because that is totally comparable.

In the end, I was not expecting you to go so low to imply that I would have the same thoughts. And I figured it would actually be in context of the game, or games in general.

Passive aggressive smiley in response to yours. Just out of courtesy.

I didn't imply anything. I just showed that it's a pretty bad arguement.

"I can do with my money whatever I want and if I want to let anyone exploid me then that's my choice." is a quite common stance towards things...as long as you are the one with the money and you get a penis enlargement(of whatever kind) for it. If you lose your job and your nice family-house cause there is some single dude selling his workforce for $1/h that is his right too(and he got the larger peen then cause he at least got work...you got nothing)...but I think you'd not celebrate him and his freedom anymore.
    We are just walking down the wrong alley with that kind of arguement/attitude....but it's great for company managers.

Quote Originally Posted by ejpaints View Post
    $25 is a drop in a bucket for me. So I'm sorry if mommy won't give you her credit card or your Burger job doesn't pay enough. But I don't have those problems. Mounts on p2win games can cost in excess of $150. So I have no issue throwing $25 at blizz for something I like. I mean seriously how dare they as a company use a cost effective way to generate extra revenue. It's not like they're a business.... Wait.....oh yea.
    What games are you playing that charge $150+ for a mount? Most I've seen go as low as $15 or as high as $40, with most sitting around $20 to $25. Nothing particularly special about Blizzard's price here, it's bog standard for a store sold mount.

That said, this is a mount I would consider buying if I played on a more frequent basis, as it does look pretty badass. Hoping it's not the only two-headed drake style mount related to WoD though as it would be a shame to see such a badass style creature be used for only one mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope this means that the WoD CE won't come with a mount, that way I won't have to feel the shame of paying real cash money for a mount again.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacster View Post
    I didn't imply anything. I just showed that it's a pretty bad arguement.

"I can do with my money whatever I want and if I want to let anyone exploid me then that's my choice." is a quite common stance towards things...as long as you are the one with the money and you get a penis enlargement(of whatever kind) for it. If you lose your job and your nice family-house cause there is some single dude selling his workforce for $1/h that is his right too(and he got the larger peen then cause he at least got work...you got nothing)...but I think you'd not celebrate him and his freedom anymore.
    We are just walking down the wrong alley with that kind of arguement/attitude....but it's great for company managers.

You can go that way with anything. It's not a fair way to refute an argument. At all. It's not even in-context. What would you say if I said "A serial killer once said something similar to your argument against store mounts or people buying them. Therefore, your argument is now rendered invalid."

It doesn't work. When you are arguing things, they are supposed to stay in-context. Telling someone his argument is bad because of some outlandish examples of people using something similar as a justification for their horrible crimes is just unfair debating, if you can call it 'debating' at all. Please don't make that mistake again.

I can't wrap my mind around an adult spending 25 dollars on this thing, and then proceeding to aggressively defend that guided decision on forums through argument. I am sitting here trying to imagine how a person like that can go through life not being taken seriously by anyone and being taken advantage of by everyone. Where do they live, how do they survive and why don't I ever met people like that irl. I have an easier time imagining flying unicorns tbh. It's one thing to splurge responsibly..

Quote Originally Posted by Tonath View Post
    Please Go on...How does it defeat the purpose?
    Because the definition of a game is that you play to win and/or lose by doing good/bad. Just buying things that serves no purpose other than the looks is not what I would consider a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Landrid View Post
    Kinda miffed thought this was going to be the CE for warlords...

such a shame blizzard has chosen to go this route
    well this is the new deal, and even if not everyone likes the idea of having mounts/pets avail via the blizzstore it will help to keep the game running,
    no game lasts forever and its a way to compensate for loss of subs.

i dont have a any issues with this, either you buy it or you dont, these mounts isnt even needed to be able to play the game, but i as others did hoped it would be avail with the first WoD pre-exp patch instead of so soon.

If you're wondering when we'll get awesome mounts we can actually earn ourselves in-game, the answer would be 'never'.

As long as people buy these things, the game can only decline. These are the drawbacks of a cash shop, good design suffers, because people apparently will pay anyway. Why design something so awesome and add it as proper content in the game, through some amazing quest line, or some new dungeon, or as a reward for some achievement, if people will pay 20 bucks for it instead? Now imagine any other item - xmog gear (there has been an experiment: why would they put awesome looking gear in the game if people pay for it instead?), exp potions (why ever make the leveling experience something fun and improve the issues it has, if people pay instead?)....

I do not understand how people cannot realize this and keep spending their money on this. I played a subscription game exactly because I cba with cash shop and micro transactions. I quit WoW (for now) for wholly different reasons, but when I look at this front page, my heart just saddens.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    If you're wondering when we'll get awesome mounts we can actually earn ourselves in-game, the answer would be 'never'.

As long as people buy these things, the game can only decline. These are the drawbacks of a cash shop, good design suffers, because people apparently will pay anyway. Why design something so awesome and add it as proper content in the game, through some amazing quest line, or some new dungeon, or as a reward for some achievement, if people will pay 20 bucks for it instead? Now imagine any other item - xmog gear (there has been an experiment: why would they put awesome looking gear in the game if people pay for it instead?), exp potions (why ever make the leveling experience something fun and improve the issues it has, if people pay instead?)....

I do not understand how people cannot realize this and keep spending their money on this. I played a subscription game exactly because I cba with cash shop and micro transactions. I quit WoW (for now) for wholly different reasons, but when I look at this front page, my heart just saddens.
    Exactly. The game will end up with everyone flashing their bought stuff in the main cities and content is not needed since nothing show-off worthy drops there anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiroh View Post
    You know, if you look at it economically, a store mount is cheaper than almost any mount you can get in-game, IF you have a job. Opportunity costs and stuff. I have to work 45 minutes to get the wage to buy this mount. So any mount in-game for which I have to spend more than 45 minutes farming (emphasis on farming, because farming sucks :P) is more expensive.

20€ + 24€ gametime = 44€. You forget the gametime money

Anyhow, i understand your point but if you don't buy the mount;game;gametime you could also say that the 45minutes you worked give you double the value
    It's like we are all Red Jelly Beans in a Jar full of various colors. Every now and then they reach in and get a Red Jelly Bean.
    We know we are in there, we can see the color, we just can't do anything to speed up our being taken out of the jar -- Jelly Beans can't speak.

This is seriously one of the ugliest things I've ever seen - looks like it belongs in The Flintstones instead of WoW. If I'd have gotten this as a bop mount in game I would have vendored it after I'd finished laughing.

Didn't Heart of the Aspects mount (yellow flying serpent) come out before Mists, being the first of the many serpent dragons available? So this is the pre-WoD early chimaera, so we should be getting more chimaeras in the future. I would bet most of them will not have the jetpacks.

Just seems like a waste of money to buy it- considering Bliz's plans for 6.0 and no flying for a patch. Just opinion by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlaine View Post
    This is seriously one of the ugliest things I've ever seen - looks like it belongs in The Flintstones instead of WoW. If I'd have gotten this as a bop mount in game I would have vendored after I'd finished laughing.

Well, then enjoy an entire expansion 90% filled with this kind of stuff. I'm already sick of the 'Iron Horde' style, and that was just because of the little bit of 5.4 Siege of Orgrimmar stuff that had the theme. I will barf my face out this expansion. I mean, I still like WoD, but I dislike the fact that they are inevitably gonna hammer that style into our heads. The Draenei-themed sets that will likely represent a small portion of the new stuff in WoD will save me from insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Berethos08 View Post
    What games are you playing that charge $150+ for a mount? Most I've seen go as low as $15 or as high as $40, with most sitting around $20 to $25. Nothing particularly special about Blizzard's price here, it's bog standard for a store sold mount.

That said, this is a mount I would consider buying if I played on a more frequent basis, as it does look pretty badass. Hoping it's not the only two-headed drake style mount related to WoD though as it would be a shame to see such a badass style creature be used for only one mount.
    Not a mount i guess but - https://www.pathofexile.com/shop/cat...rpionLightning 1100 points = $110 No, this isn't a knock about the game cause the game is really really good but its a example of a game that sells pets and other things at high prices. (They also sell cheap pets and stuff) The game is also completely F2P but you asked for a game that sold really expensive stuff...

They also sell a "Make your own legendary with the devs pack" for $2000 as another example of an expensive completely in game item this one you have to farm yourself so you may never even get the item you make. The more expensive stuff is really just there for people who want to donate for the cause.

I love the Sky Golem flight animations (once I got used to the 'swing' being visual rather than literal), and I'll be adding this one to my collection as soon as it arrives in the US store. The one failing of Heart of the Aspects is that the "flap" animation was too fast; this one seems to have fixed that!

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    You can go that way with anything. It's not a fair way to refute an argument. At all. It's not even in-context. What would you say if I said "A serial killer once said something similar to your argument against store mounts or people buying them. Therefore, your argument is now rendered invalid."

It doesn't work. When you are arguing things, they are supposed to stay in-context. Telling someone his argument is bad because of some outlandish examples of people using something similar as a justification for their horrible crimes is just unfair debating, if you can call it 'debating' at all. Please don't make that mistake again.
    First of all it's not a "once" used arguement but an ALWAYS used arguement. The situation is very similar. You support something with it where you know that it's not okay(either legally or morally). Granted that one is much worse than the other...but it doesn't change that there is the same core idea behind it.
    "I want it and I know it's wrong to support something like that...but hey, I want it so much NOW."...and then you don't wanna be blamed for acting like that and you are surprised that people that take the "It's wrong to support it, so I won't do it, no matter how much I want it!"-approach judge you. Odd...

Deleted
    It looks pretty but i've bought enough mounts to last a lifetime. Good for the collectors though!

Very cheap, should be 2x as much