Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Resheph View Post
    There is nothing to defend. I am not planning to buy this particular mount but I have no problems at all with buying a $25 mount. I am an adult with disposable income, and I am free to spend it any way i like. If you honestly think less of me for spending my own hard-earned money on some pixels that give me a bit of enjoyment then I feel sorry for you but will not feel myself diminished in any way shape or form. I do wonder what made you so high and mighty that you feel you can judge your fellow man so easily. Must be the whole internet anonymity thing. Oh, and the fact that your mommy probably just blocked your allowance so you probably feel the need to lash out at the world.
    Tha last sentence was very...ehm...mature.

I sense a guy that buys a mount "just for his own enjoyment" and then accidentally only uses it when he is sure to get attention.
    It's just too bad that there are so many people in need of attention that it won't be anything special at all(which is why you usually don't see many of the old "invite a friend" and shop-mounts in cities anymore). ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Rafal View Post
    The one time I bought a store mount I regretted it. Not because it was bad looking (I got blood wing) but the idea of having a bought mount bugged me. I feel like mounts are status symbols, some sort of achievement no matter how small. Walking/Flying around of a bought mount makes me feel retarded, like I had nothing more important to spend my money on and am now showing off that fact.

On the other hand this sort of stuff keeps people like me (3D artisits/animators) employed. So that's great!
    I know what you mean. I bought some pets when they have been on discount. Aside from ragnaros and the panda-monk being useful at times...it somehow feels like "epic fail" to show them off. Entering a credit card number just doesn't feel like an achievement...and seriously...to show everyone that you have $25 to spend on pixels, is not exactly impressive(especially not with an "in your face"-attitude for those that don't even have that little money).
    But hey, we all grow up at some point...and don't make such mistakes again...hopefully...

"we have no time to make new MoP content"

except when its a store mount, right?

fucking pathetic. stop making this trash and give players a way to earn something in-game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wee... I see there's still hope for the CE mount, now that this butt ugly ... thing... is out of the way.

Deleted
    It's funny. I am completely 100% opposed to real-money stores in game I'm already paying for. The only time I have ever purchased something "extra" was the Pandaren Monk for the children's charity and even that was not done lightly.

Frankly, the idea that on one hand they can tell us "you either get this art or this art" when it comes to things like new models and new dungeon environments but on the other, turn around and release a steady stream of store-only mounts (which, by the way, part of everyone's sub contributes towards developing) is just laughable. It's a ridiculous practice that needs to stop, and the next time we are told "It's a choice between redoing X art or Y art", just link them the page full of store-only, unique art.

Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post

fucking pathetic. stop making this trash and give players a way to earn something in-game.
    Technically, it's WoD content, as that's what the Iron Horde is. I agree though and find it equally pathetic. They're so desperate for money because of how much they've bled subs, that they're just making store content after store content to try and stem the loss of income from the sub losses. I truly think they have forgotten about the customer and now focus exclusively on profit.

Not only did they take the time to create this mount, which takes away from time to develop an actual mount in game for everyone to potentially get, but they also created a video for it. They constantly tell us they don't have the time to do everything, but their store mount, which costs $25, they have all the time in the world to create a cutscene for. Truly, Blizzard is headed down the drain. Ghostcrawler was right to jump ship when he did.

Deleted
    Whats funny is that it has the animations of the sky golem that alot of people complained about.
    it will be interesting to see how well it sells.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Technically, it's WoD content, as that's what the Iron Horde is. I agree though and find it equally pathetic. They're so desperate for money because of how much they've bled subs, that they're just making store content after store content to try and stem the loss of income from the sub losses. I truly think they have forgotten about the customer and now focus exclusively on profit.
    I was 99% sure this would be the collectors edition mount too. besides, why would there be an iron horde mount in game before the pre-expansion event?

the whole thing just screams "cash grab".

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I don't mind the store mount..but did it really need a trailer...
    Trailers like that are the reason why I would never, ever list World of Warcraft as one of my hobbies, at least not in front of people I don't know well (job interviews, colleagues etc). Personally I could care less what people do with their money, but I can perfectly understand why someone would have a negative stance towards MMO's and it's playerbase after seeing this.

10+ Year Old Account
    The way they talk about this mount in the video it sounds like it should have been a PvP achievement...

10+ Year Old Account

Raid.

Flex mode has a Meta achievement reward
    Normal mode has a ground mount from the N Garrosh achievement
    Heroic mode has the Kor'kron Juggernaut mount

PVP.

There's two mounts that require Rated BG and/or 3's/5's wins to get

How is this not earning it in-game?

Also, it's just a mount. If the concept of buying a mount bothers you, don't buy it.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Glad to see the new expansion doesn't suffer because they're creating new cash shop items.

Wow, looks nice. Good to see they used Sky Golem barrel roll animation for this one. Those nitro boosters looks silly, tho.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Also, it's just a mount. If the concept of buying a mount bothers you, don't buy it.
    Well Said...

Why are people still complaining about this? Im baffled

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I can't wrap my mind around an adult spending 25 dollars on this thing, and then proceeding to aggressively defend that guided decision on forums through argument. I am sitting here trying to imagine how a person like that can go through life not being taken seriously by anyone and being taken advantage of by everyone. Where do they live, how do they survive and why don't I ever met people like that irl. I have an easier time imagining flying unicorns tbh. It's one thing to splurge responsibly..
    but you can wrap your mind around an adult spending 15 dollars a month to play the game? Really? REALLLY?

twenty five bucks, would cover lunch for me and a colleague if we don't mind where go.... its not like its a lot of money. If you think it is then you probably should be paying 15 to play either.

- - - Updated - - -

on a side note, after getting the disc mount (red cloud) I have zero need for any other mount. Finally a mount that doesn't make obnoxious sound, jitter/dive all over the place, it just does what a mount is supposed to do - move me fast
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Raid.

Flex mode has a Meta achievement reward
    Normal mode has a ground mount from the N Garrosh achievement
    Heroic mode has the Kor'kron Juggernaut mount

PVP.

There's two mounts that require Rated BG and/or 3's/5's wins to get

How is this not earning it in-game?

the h garrosh mount is essentially a reskinned cataclysm guild mount. meanwhile, anything *somewhat* unique, ends up on the store.

why are raiders getting hand me downs while people using the store are getting unique models?

- - - Updated - - -

it truly amazes me how people are content with their sub money funding stuff they CANT EVEN EARN IN GAME.

that must be some strong kool-aid.

If you look at the trailer on youtube it has a lock on it and says:

"This video is unlisted, only those with a link can see it"

Blizzard dun goofed?

But it's on the WoW site...

O.o

it truly amazes me how people are content with their sub money funding stuff they CANT EVEN EARN IN GAME.

Its not that we are content with it, its that we don't give a shit. Those 15 dollars pay for my experience, which I enjoy, if they want to be greedy as a company let them, as long as I am having fun I don't really give a fuck, besides, no matter how far against the object you push, its going to push back, with equal force, you won't win, you will give up, I gave up, everyone always gives up, just ignore it, if more people start ignoring it, it may go away, but all the whining does is give it attention.

the h garrosh mount is essentially a reskinned cataclysm guild mount. meanwhile, anything *somewhat* unique, ends up on the store.

why are raiders getting hand me downs while people using the store are getting unique models?

- - - Updated - - -

That's based on the assumption that they're using people to design the mount that would be doing other things for the game at the time, which isn't necessarily the case. Especially when it comes to mounts, the down time between the need to design them for in game reasons is rather long (between major patches/expansions).

It looks like this mount isn't on the US or EU Shop websites or in the US in-game Shop yet.
    It is available in the in game shop for US also, contrary to what the article says.

In around 2-3 years we'll only see Mounts on the Blizzard store if Blizzard keeps this up. All the cool mounts get put on there. This is just Blizzard screaming "WE WANT MORE MONEY, 7.5 MIL SUBS ISNT ENOUGH!!". As a mount collector I don't purchase any mounts from the Blizzard store, I don't want to because I'm already supporting Blizzard with sub fee, occasionally transfers etc, even buying all of their expansions. I don't wanna waste more money on the mounts and pets. Ir's ok if I spend my money to play the game, but to buy shit in this game seems like Blizzard is moving towards "Pay 2 Win" with the new in-game shop. Because if Blizzard is this desperate with currently 7.5m~ subs may be more or slightly less not sure. I can only imagine how they'll be when WoW goes to 5mil, we'll see a RMAH auction house similar to BMAH which will have heroic items for bids where people can bid on with real money.

Like Activision once said, they want to find ways to sell as much stuff as they can. They always look for more ways to make money, and that's what they´re doing. And THAT'S what's taring Blizzard apart, they need to start thinking about the players, not only about them selves. Just look at Diablo, they don't wanna have much man power working on that game, cause they're not getting much from it compared to WoW or future games. Diablo is 2 years old soon and it´s still crap. And Beta is missing a lot of things, Beta still needs to fix 100 issues and even then it wont still be fixed. The expansion shouldn't have taken this long, with the amount of stuff in it, it shouldn't have taken more then a couple of months with a decent team, and even could've had a lot more. But it just shows that Activision is greedy.

Ye ye, tell me I'm whining. But I still think it's the truth. I want both WoW and Diablo to be as entertaining and fun as possible, but it's not fun when you need to pull out your wallet on everything you want, and not getting what you're being promised cause the company doesn't want to spend extra cash. It just shows how much they care about us.