Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    This thread might get 1000 replies - and even if all complain, just wait for the day that MMO C helds a lottery for the mount and 20 000 will answer for the chance of a freebie. As it happened with previous free giveaways.

Will the complainers show restraint?
    Wow. The same people complaining about WoW going p2w and locking all the nice stuff behind paywalls MUST BE the same group of greedy fucks hoping to get a free mount. They HAVE to be!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    Think of it this way. All the best looking mounts are bought for money if you like mounts. What's next, buying the best armor or weapons? You go figure.
    Actually, yeah. Chances are more than likely that we'll have cool cosmetic items (why else would the AH have that tab?) in-game, but the best looking ones will be in the store because Blizzard enjoys having us pay extra for the content. Remember how they said new content cost them time and they had enough money? That was bull, and them releasing all these pets and mounts for sale while we sit with no other new content is proof of that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sionus View Post
    Give me a break. How do vanity items ruin a game?
    They keep saying that they have limited time and cannot attend every issue (pvp e.x as he stated) and they are prioritizing moneyy instead of fixing crucial game problems.

Quote Originally Posted by randomlychosen1 View Post
    Hey Blizzard I won't pay $25 for a mount.. but if you want to put in an hour long daily quest that I must complete 60 times to unlock the mount I'd be so up for that.. because my time is worthless to me!
    Hey blizz I want to pay $25. Because I don't care about the game aspect of the "game". I just want to pay to have the most shiny things go to Orgrimmar and then /afk. Things like effort, co-operation is not my cup of tea, thats also why i'm such a terrible player in LFR. But good news is that I don't have to do anything anymore. I still pay the montly fee though. But you know I have a truly awesome IRL life, it just happends that I need to boost my ego in an online RBG once in a while. Why I don't know.

After yesterday's server SNAFU that resulted in some people having this mount before it was clearly intended to be purchased, I figured Bliz had two possible solutions: Delete and refund (a cumbersome and possibly costly solution) or just release it to everyone else (a cheaper, easier, solution but it undermines their original pre-WoD plans).

Going with the latter solution makes the most sense, especially since people generally don't care about actual item text and probably won't even notice that it has anything to do with the Iron Horde. But I bet someone at Blizzard is pretty peeved that part of their pre-WoD media and cash generating blitz got screwed up early.

Deleted
    I can't stop feel like these mounts,pets and so on are taken away from the game which I paid for every month and have over many years...
    I mean, we do nt even see many of these designs in-game..

Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    Hey blizz I want to pay $25. Because I don't care about the game aspect of the "game". I just want to pay to have the most shiny things go to Orgrimmar and then /afk. Things like effort, co-operation is not my cup of tea, thats also why i'm such a terrible player in LFR. But good news is that I don't have to do anything anymore. I still pay the montly fee though. But you know I have a truly awesome IRL life, it just happends that I need to boost my ego in an online RBG once in a while. Why I don't know.
    Hahaha. So much QQ in this post it's not even funny. Makes me enjoy this mount even more, thank you for that.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sionus View Post
    Give me a break. How do vanity items ruin a game?
    Vanity items are part of the game. They are part of the reward structure.

Regardless, anytime you bring real money into a game, you are bring real life inequality into the game. The escape from real life's constraints and limitations is a huge part why people play games, there is an expectation of a "level playing field" in the virtual environment of the game. They have just weaken their game by throwing out all that for the sake of $$$.

The golden goose is dying. Dying a death by a thousand cuts.

damn that mount got a better trailer than WOD did.

Deleted
    More crap for idiots to waste their money on.

Quote Originally Posted by Captainkrabs View Post
    We can only assume that last night messup made it go live earlier than expected. Which kinda makes me happy because I was waiting for this mount, but also sad because of the Iron Horde lore attached to it when the Iron Horde doesn't even appear in game yet.
    Garrosh's forces are Iron Horde... why else would there be Iron Juggernaut and stuff like that in the raid?

Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    More crap for idiots to waste their money on.
    Define waste. I see people who go to McDonald's and order $5 or more meals/5 days a week as a waste of health imo. What about people who buy a 12 pack of beer a week, that's like $40+ to get wasted then to piss it all away in the morning.

Paying $25 dollars to find a little bit more joy in a game that they love. That's like .83 cents a day enjoyment. Compared to other vices people have, that's pretty damn cheap.

It's all about perspective I suppose.

Amazing animations, makes flying feel so much more like actual flight than a glorified swim mechanic edit. Along with ACTUAL clouds like Uldum, the feeling of turbulence and wind currents do so much more to make flying feel epic beyond "Hey look i'm up really high and moving fast". Imagine if this kind of stuff was there in the game when it was implemented in TBC when flying was just a strange nude magazine most of us looked at in the creek behind the gas station hoping we could see in real life one day in the future when we grew up.
    - - - Updated - - -

But the lore,... this makes no damn sense. Was bad enough seeing Pandaren living in Stormwind overnight for no reason. They really need to pay more attention to this stuff.
    Cataclysm should have had an in game log in moment, not just a cinematic. Worgen and Goblin got to see it happen, my main character was just magically zoned to Stormwind.

Deleted
    Cant believe it had its own trailer, talk about development time.

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    Amazing animations, makes flying feel so much more like actual flight than a glorified swim mechanic edit. Along with ACTUAL clouds like Uldum, the feeling of turbulence and wind currents do so much more to make flying feel epic beyond "Hey look i'm up really high and moving fast". Imagine if this kind of stuff was there in the game when it was implemented in TBC when flying was just a strange nude magazine most of us looked at in the creek behind the gas station hoping we could see in real life one day in the future when we grew up.
    - - - Updated - - -

But the lore,... this makes no damn sense. Was bad enough seeing Pandaren living in Stormwind overnight for no reason. They really need to pay more attention to this stuff.
    Cataclysm should have had an in game log in moment, not just a cinematic. Worgen and Goblin got to see it happen, my main character was just magically zoned to Stormwind.

- - - Updated - - -

I like many other players in my guild think this was a complete fluke by Blizzard. I swore at Blizzcon they said this mount wouldn't be out until WoD, and even the trailer seems like this should have been the case.

Once the cat is out of the bag, I doubt they could have put it back in (without all the QQ) so they just released it early.

Deleted
    Good concept,animations&colors.I can't stand the engines though :/ and why release it so early? I guess it was meant to be a store mount and it gets prio to be made,so that you can release it faster&make a bigger profit? Makes sense but its kind of cheap that some people will get to have the new expac's mounts so much earlier than others.

just to put things into perspective...

why isnt there time to make a 5.5 "ruby sanctum" type of raid? the majority of assets would be reused, so dev time would be minimal. just throw in some orc as an "iron horde" boss and poof, you have a raid.

no time for that, but there IS time to make a NEW model, and release a trailer for it? which blows my mind since typically only raid previews get trailers.

it's just silly. and greedy. yes, I know I dont have to buy it, nor do I plan to. but blizzards official line is that "no MoP content till WoD cause any time spent now will delay the xpac". but here we are, with yet another store mount, even with a trailer!

Iron Skyreaver before Stormcrow .. ? I'm a bit disappointed.

Really start to wonder where will Stormcrow come/sell/drop from.

Quote Originally Posted by AK_47 View Post
    Iron Skyreaver before Stormcrow .. ? I'm a bit disappointed.

Really start to wonder where will Stormcrow come/sell/drop from.
    Stormcrow

Heroes of the Storm

Its gonna be a Hearthstoned style promotion, buy a pack or something, get the mount.

Ah good, a flying mount to promote an expansion that discourages flying. How deliciously ironic.