Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CheerfulMatt View Post
    Define waste. I see people who go to McDonald's and order $5 or more meals/5 days a week as a waste of health imo. What about people who buy a 12 pack of beer a week, that's like $40+ to get wasted then to piss it all away in the morning.
    Beer is not a waste....

Quote Originally Posted by KWC3587 View Post
    Ah good, a flying mount to promote an expansion that discourages flying. How deliciously ironic.
    Its 2 months bud, 2 months without flying, that is nothing, you will live.

I feel like a new mount is made for the store every other month. What ever happened to mounts you get by playing the game we pay money to subscribe to?

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    I feel like a new mount is made for the store every other month. What ever happened to mounts you get by playing the game we pay money to subscribe to?
    Judging by the lackluster availability I think this was not planned to be released for another couple of months, I think the server issues last night prompted an early release by mistake and they just stuck with it, but I do agree, the pace does need to be slower.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Actually, it's likely 3 to 4 months but that wasn't the point. Also every new area they add to the game every patch will have flying removed, so it will still be longer than that. The point again is it is ironic to have a flying mount to promote an expansion that discourages you from flying in all new content.
    We have felled demon commanders, cowed the master of death, conquered Old Gods, and stopped the Aspect of Death from destroying the very planet. Now, we need to kill this dude who managed to enslave pudding eating panda's, slobbering sauroks, and hilariously inept hozen. Awesome. Really epic.

Actually, it's likely 3 to 4 months but that wasn't the point. Also every new area they add to the game every patch will have flying removed, so it will still be longer than that. The point again is it is ironic to have a flying mount to promote an expansion that discourages you from flying in all new content.
    Good thing you can fly around on it till you're bored with it now then huh. Kinda like that CE edition quilled I always forget I even own along with most of my other mounts I never ride.

Quote Originally Posted by ejpaints View Post
    Good thing you can fly around on it till you're bored with it now then huh. Kinda like that CE edition quilled I always forget I even own along with most of my other mounts I never ride.
    While I cannot deny that statement to be true that the mount will get boring fast, the comment does still in fact miss the point entirely
    We have felled demon commanders, cowed the master of death, conquered Old Gods, and stopped the Aspect of Death from destroying the very planet. Now, we need to kill this dude who managed to enslave pudding eating panda's, slobbering sauroks, and hilariously inept hozen. Awesome. Really epic.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I lol'd at the duel afterburner's

But this is just like the golden serpent, a pre xpac mount.

I kinda want it, but I have 173 other mounts I don't use right now.

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Wow. The same people complaining about WoW going p2w and locking all the nice stuff behind paywalls MUST BE the same group of greedy fucks hoping to get a free mount. They HAVE to be!
    Funny that you see this as a joke. I just went back and looked through peoples past posts and what topics they were for. Wouldn't you believe the people complaining now posted in most of the mount/pet giveaways. Im on the 4th page and have found 3 people already.
    "one never escapes from the compulsion and chance to be powerful" Peter Sloterdijk
    i5-4690k --- ASUS Z97-A --- 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1600 --- EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3

Ah good, a flying mount to promote an expansion that discourages flying. How deliciously ironic.
    can it work on ground? if so, your point is invalid

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBGamer View Post
    Its 2 months bud, 2 months without flying, that is nothing, you will live.
    No kid, It is not 2 months. It is an entire expansion.
    Every patch, the new zone added will also be no flying.

So if you want to fly, you have to hang out in outdated content for no good reason.

Ignorance is bliss isnt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trafalgarlaw View Post

So if you want to fly, you have to hang out in outdated content for no good reason.

It's only until 6.1, get your facts straight.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account

Its the same concept as MoP. cant fly on thunder isle, cant fly on timeless isle etc.

You really need to learn to read the patch notes..............

6.1 is the patch with flying...lololol

Quote Originally Posted by CheerfulMatt View Post
    Define waste. I see people who go to McDonald's and order $5 or more meals/5 days a week as a waste of health imo. What about people who buy a 12 pack of beer a week, that's like $40+ to get wasted then to piss it all away in the morning.

Paying $25 dollars to find a little bit more joy in a game that they love. That's like .83 cents a day enjoyment. Compared to other vices people have, that's pretty damn cheap.

It's all about perspective I suppose.
    What perspective? When you order a Big Mac you pay for a real product. There is some beef in there, some wheat and other ingredients. Also, for McDonalds it is the primary and only source of income to sell you Big Macs and other similar stuff, healthy or not. Now tell me, how do you justify the price tag of 25$ on this and other mounts? How many man-hours were actually spent to design and create this thing? How does that compare to millions $ which Blizzard will get from it? But most importantly, how does it belong in a game in which you pay your monthly sub just to access it (and believe it or not, considering how many subscribers they have, their sub price is also a rip-off, it was calculated for 500k-ish subscribers and it is being kept stable ever since). Blizzard dont need to sell those mounts to survive or expand their products. Some F2P MMO-s might need to sell such things to actually generate some sort of income. Blizzard is swimming in cash from WoW subs alone. I know a difference when a high price on something is justified and when it is not. This mount and all previous ones are just pure greed no matter how you twist it. On the other hand, perhaps I should not blame Blizzard. If there are people willing to get duped, no wonder they go ahead and exploit that.

You know, it was cool when they had maybe one or two paid mounts a year... but now I'm starting to worry they make so much money from people buying these that are getting distracted from adding awesome looking mounts YOU CAN EARN IN THE GAME. I mean, do they have one guy sitting around designing these mounts full time now? Because I would hope it's not diverted resources from art for ACTUAL NEW CONTENT.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonath View Post
    You really need to learn to read the patch notes..............

6.1 is the patch with flying...lololol
    actually they said no flying in relevant content.

so you can fly in all the old stuff youve done, but not the new zones.

So WoW is a game that can't be done F2P but they seem to have no problome doing what f2P game do with microtransactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    actually they said no flying in relevant content.

so you can fly in all the old stuff youve done, but not the new zones.
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=223780/n...enor-until-6-1

Read the Blue Note...

"We intend to disallow flying while leveling from 90 to 100, and have flying become available again in the first major patch for Warlords of Draenor" @Bashiok

Deleted
    Blizzard on new Moonkin forms:
    You mentioned all the other work going on by character artists, not sure why you think that means they have time to do even more.
    We will do the moonkin at some point, but it is lower priority
    https://twitter.com/OccupyGStreet/st...07820733321217

Time to do mounts for the store though.

Blizzard employs X artists. If some of those work on Silvermoon, then something else isn't going to get made.
    Or if they work on mounts, something else isn't going to get made?