Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Best Part about all the flames and complaints? People complain that you are paying for a digital product.... wait what are those 15$ a month for? Oh Pixel adventures? Wer is the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Shiroh View Post
    16 pages discussion about a store mount? This is awesome.
    What's even better it's exactly the same discussion that they have every single time Blizz adds something new to the shop. C'mon people, it's a business. Subs are dropping and they have to make money somehow.

The evolution of WOW...

Terenas in WOTLK: My son, the day you were born the very forests of Lordaeron whispered the name... Arthas

Terenas in MOP: This is truly the mount of a conqueror (for $25)

LOL

i don't care about optional purchases existing. if anything it prevents box and sub prices from rising as much as they should have by now.

what i dislike about Blizzard's approach to mounts and pets is that it's impossible to collect them all. if you're going to put something into a game that's collectible, it should be possible to collect 100% of them even if your account is brand new.

of course, even if you spent money and bought all pets and mounts from the store it still wouldn't be possible. but that's something blizzard will probably never change.

my issue is the best mounts are purchased from the store now and not earnable in game.

Also what the hell is the keybind to open the store in game?

New mount? Why? Fix Silvermoon so I can fly over, that's why I'm paying D: ENHANCEMENT.
    -buying mount-

This time (for real [again...]) no more mounts for me.

High Overlord
    I personally have 2 problems with this mount:

1. Added now, several months (if not more) before WoD release. When the very first piece of an expansion is a store mount and is released way prior to anything else, i find it very lame.
    2. A cinematic for a store mount, really? Good to know your priorities when it comes to spending resources.

Subs are dropping you want them to increase the sub cost per month or add vanity items to the store?

Quote Originally Posted by jayeffkay View Post
    The evolution of WOW...

Terenas in WOTLK: My son, the day you were born the very forests of Lordaeron whispered the name... Arthas

Terenas in MOP: This is truly the mount of a conqueror (for $25)

LOL
    this actually made me sad...but yeah, I see what you're getting at

you know, blizzard could do something to make the 1 year wait till WoD a little more bearable...what do we get? yet another store mount! yay...

Why should I buy a flying mount when the flying will be banned by Blizzard in the new expansion for ever in the current content ?

You are right , no reason to buy it .

Bad bussines plan Blizz.

Herald of the Titans Oneirophobia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jichi View Post
    What's even better it's exactly the same discussion that they have every single time Blizz adds something new to the shop. C'mon people, it's a business. Subs are dropping and they have to make money somehow.
    Right?

$96 000 000 from subs per month alone (not including box prices, store bought items, profits from other games) can barely feed a house rat, let alone a ridiculously understaffed WoW team. Of course they need to add more micro-transactions.

They need to hurry up and put the exp% potion, gold drop % increase potion, herb/mineral yield % potion and free lvl 90 boost into the store, and fast, before they go bankrupt from all the money it takes to pay an averagely paid and small team and run those decade old servers!

Really nice touch on this mount, in all seriousness. Looks so much better than the reskinned protodrakes or regular drakes we get "for free" from playing the game.
    They really should recycle gear models too and put the good transmog stuff as exclusives in the blizz store, they would make so much more money that way. Already got the right idea for mounts. Reskin protodrake and add some model additions, takes about 20 minutes in photoshop and a crappy model edit program, boom done. Spend the real talent and resources making new models and sell them exclusively in the blizz store. If you don't want a carbon drake/protodrake copy you should have to spend more money. Obviously.

And shit, they're going to make thousands on the new subraces when they add them to the blizz store. $30 a pop per character who wants to be a dark iron dwarf or an undead belf? Thats at least $30 a player, easily.
    Last edited by Oneirophobia; 2014-01-17 at 02:01 AM.

INFRACTED! For uhm... Idk, I'll read the ToS later, I'm sure I'll find something in there I can stretch to cover whatever it is I don't like about you.

it would be funny if updated models was in-game store only

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    but you can wrap your mind around an adult spending 15 dollars a month to play the game? Really? REALLLY?

twenty five bucks, would cover lunch for me and a colleague if we don't mind where go.... its not like its a lot of money. If you think it is then you probably should be paying 15 to play either.
    That's not my point at all. How people spend their money is their business. What has me dumbfounded is how people will start arguing that decision on the internet. It's like walking into an Apple store and start arguing with other customers about how fairly priced the newest iphone is.

High Overlord
    Quote Originally Posted by vandam View Post
    Why should I buy a flying mount when the flying will be banned by Blizzard in the new expansion for ever in the current content ?

Bad bussines plan Blizz.
    It can also function as a ground mount. I've seen a guildie riding it in SoO yesterday.

Weary. :/

I am in the camp that doesn't mind a shop at all, but it's impossible to run any form of constructive criticism at the absurd pricing Blizzard is running, since they still cash in on enough people and can set whatever price they want. If you buy this, doesn't it bother you? I'm genuinely curious, if you don't look at it like an isolated buy but in the great whole - do you think the price is fair for what you're getting, comparably?

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    That's not my point at all. How people spend their money is their business. What has me dumbfounded is how people will start arguing that decision on the internet. It's like walking into an Apple store and start arguing with other customers about how fairly priced the newest iphone is.
    good analogy, mindless drones (apple fanboys) dont care how they spend their money, even if they know they are being ripped off/gouged.

I like Blizzard games, but this in-game store nonsense is pure BS. no time for a 5.5 patch but there is time to sell junk on the store and make trailers for it? interesting.

Bad bussines plan Blizz.
    You said it for me. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by valliant13 View Post
    my issue is the best mounts are purchased from the store now and not earnable in game.

Also what the hell is the keybind to open the store in game?
    Youre telling me that that ugly skyreaver is cooler than a malevolent white cloud serpent mount?

Please.

- - - Updated - - -

Bad bussines plan Blizz.
    lol.

its being locked for like, a month or so while they let people hit cap and explore.

learn to read.

Bad bussines plan Blizz.
    pfff, by the time the new x-pac come live ,you would not care about this mount anymore, give it a week or two, then you gonna jumpon another mount