Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jichi View Post
    What's even better it's exactly the same discussion that they have every single time Blizz adds something new to the shop. C'mon people, it's a business. Subs are dropping and they have to make money somehow.
    Right?

$96 000 000 from subs per month alone (not including box prices, store bought items, profits from other games) can barely feed a house rat, let alone a ridiculously understaffed WoW team. Of course they need to add more micro-transactions.

They need to hurry up and put the exp% potion, gold drop % increase potion, herb/mineral yield % potion and free lvl 90 boost into the store, and fast, before they go bankrupt from all the money it takes to pay an averagely paid and small team and run those decade old servers!

Really nice touch on this mount, in all seriousness. Looks so much better than the reskinned protodrakes or regular drakes we get "for free" from playing the game.
    They really should recycle gear models too and put the good transmog stuff as exclusives in the blizz store, they would make so much more money that way. Already got the right idea for mounts. Reskin protodrake and add some model additions, takes about 20 minutes in photoshop and a crappy model edit program, boom done. Spend the real talent and resources making new models and sell them exclusively in the blizz store. If you don't want a carbon drake/protodrake copy you should have to spend more money. Obviously.

And shit, they're going to make thousands on the new subraces when they add them to the blizz store. $30 a pop per character who wants to be a dark iron dwarf or an undead belf? Thats at least $30 a player, easily.

it would be funny if updated models was in-game store only

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    but you can wrap your mind around an adult spending 15 dollars a month to play the game? Really? REALLLY?

twenty five bucks, would cover lunch for me and a colleague if we don't mind where go.... its not like its a lot of money. If you think it is then you probably should be paying 15 to play either.
    That's not my point at all. How people spend their money is their business. What has me dumbfounded is how people will start arguing that decision on the internet. It's like walking into an Apple store and start arguing with other customers about how fairly priced the newest iphone is.

Quote Originally Posted by vandam View Post
    Why should I buy a flying mount when the flying will be banned by Blizzard in the new expansion for ever in the current content ?

You are right , no reason to buy it .

Bad bussines plan Blizz.
    It can also function as a ground mount. I've seen a guildie riding it in SoO yesterday.

Weary. :/

I am in the camp that doesn't mind a shop at all, but it's impossible to run any form of constructive criticism at the absurd pricing Blizzard is running, since they still cash in on enough people and can set whatever price they want. If you buy this, doesn't it bother you? I'm genuinely curious, if you don't look at it like an isolated buy but in the great whole - do you think the price is fair for what you're getting, comparably?

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    That's not my point at all. How people spend their money is their business. What has me dumbfounded is how people will start arguing that decision on the internet. It's like walking into an Apple store and start arguing with other customers about how fairly priced the newest iphone is.
    good analogy, mindless drones (apple fanboys) dont care how they spend their money, even if they know they are being ripped off/gouged.

I like Blizzard games, but this in-game store nonsense is pure BS. no time for a 5.5 patch but there is time to sell junk on the store and make trailers for it? interesting.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why should I buy a flying mount when the flying will be banned by Blizzard in the new expansion for ever in the current content ?

Bad bussines plan Blizz.
    You said it for me. Thanks.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by valliant13 View Post
    my issue is the best mounts are purchased from the store now and not earnable in game.

Also what the hell is the keybind to open the store in game?
    Youre telling me that that ugly skyreaver is cooler than a malevolent white cloud serpent mount?

Please.

- - - Updated - - -

Bad bussines plan Blizz.
    lol.

its being locked for like, a month or so while they let people hit cap and explore.

learn to read.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account

Bad bussines plan Blizz.
    pfff, by the time the new x-pac come live ,you would not care about this mount anymore, give it a week or two, then you gonna jumpon another mount

Deleted
    Yeah, whats up with sub staying the same for 10 years, even though their overhead must have gone down significantly? They cut most of the CS and GM force, bandwith and decent enough hardware is practically free compared to 10 years ago... Oh wait, some of you though it should have gone up for some reason? Low subs is not a reason to accept raising of the sub price or other explotations, it's a reason for owners to hold off on that new ferrari and stop going to work with a helicopter. I know it sounds harsh, but they will live.

Quote Originally Posted by tgoodchild View Post
    What you're not getting is that yes, flying will be turned back on ... for 6.0 content. The new 6.1 content will be no-flying.

A tweet from Ghostcrawler (while he was still Lead Systems Designer):

@SimpleOlive No. We like no flying when content is relevant. In 6.1 the Draenor zones won't be current, but there will be a new no-fly zone

https://twitter.com/OccupyGStreet/st...11014708408321
    Really not that big of a deal though, if the new zone is something like Isle of Thunder, or Timeless Isle, which don't allow flying either.

Having the majority of the expansion world unflyable, kind of annoying. Have one or two zones no fly? Not that big of a deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why can't it be available through ingame means? A la raiding.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santoryu View Post
    Why can't it be available through ingame means? A la raiding.
    Why should it be ?

Absolutely loving the 90's paid instantly. Right now i am spending like 20euros to xfer my chars to a busier realm than mine. Having a ready 90 means i will pay ( i guess ) the same amount + allow me to keep my char on original realm so i got 2 'options'. They could make it so u could only make a lvl90 of a class that you have already on eg 85 or smth, all in all i am VERY EXCITED with this feature.
    I will be spending bucks on it, especially making some pvp toons

Deleted
    Can't wait to see what mount they'll sell next month.

Quote Originally Posted by Papir View Post
    So they have time to make this shit and its trailer,but they are stalling on showing the new models they promised earlier?Im starting to loose faith really..
    My thoughts exactly. They've been working on the new models for over 3.5 years. There is no excuse not to have all character models updated at WoD launch. The lack of resources argument goes straight out the window with this advertisement.

It's a cool mount though. Wish it could have been a drop or a collectors edition thing. Oh well

Quote Originally Posted by oraz4000 View Post
    Subs are dropping you want them to increase the sub cost per month or add vanity items to the store?
    Ehm...and what happens if you put stuff on the shop instead of giving the subscribers something to do? Yeah, right...you will lose more subscribers. But you don't think that far...

Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    Why should it be ?
    cause this is a sub model game.

just ditch the subscription model if you want to go all p2w. cool things should be earned, not achieved by some brat who is using his mommys credit card.

im so tired of really flippin awesome mounts only being available in the store. 25 dollars for a mount when i have tons of them is an unjustifiable expense.