Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's different if you want to give a friend or loved one something for their birthday or Christmas or another holiday or just because. That's where I see the store having some redeeming quality. But I've never bought anything for myself personally, just other people, and they do the same in kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Its a mount, it does not make you better, it does not make you go faster then on other mounts. I have the Fey Dragon, I bought the new one. But I do not care if they are obtainable in the game or has to be bought. I will join the whining army if they start selling gear or performance stuff in the shop.
    This. Like I've said before, until they start selling stat gear in-store, whiners can stfu. X mount isn't better, faster, and is certainly not taking away from the rest of the game.

Sparkle pony did NOT break Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickletusk View Post
    It doesn't matter if it makes you better or not, it's content you need to pay extra for to obtain. I already pay a subscription for the content.
    Oh, did the agreement say you had access to 100% of all the World of Warcraft content including future content?
    No, it didn't.
    Blizzard decides what your subscription is worth, not you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

People literally complained about the exact same thing back in BC when they started releasing TCG mounts.
    You just lost The Game

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have no issue with the price, or the fact its on the store, I'm currently unemployed, I get by, if I have spare money I do buy things to spoil myself, and the mount itself doesn't change the game in any way.

Also, there are like what 160+ mounts ingame anyway via vendor/ach/dungeon/raid, and only a few been on store, no reason to complain, for there are more fish (mounts) in the sea (and land or air)

the way i see it, raiders have unique mounts, PVPers have unique mounts, achievement hunters can get unique mounts, and cash shop people can get unique mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Its a mount, it does not make you better, it does not make you go faster then on other mounts. I have the Fey Dragon, I bought the new one. But I do not care if they are obtainable in the game or has to be bought. I will join the whining army if they start selling gear or performance stuff in the shop.
    See the problem is that we pay a subscription to have access to the game then on top of that pay to have access to everything in the game. I could not care less if they want to sell name changes, realm x-fers, instant 90s, or xp boosts because there are ways around all that if you just spend the time. But people don't collect realm x-fers or XP. They do however collect mounts and pets. Personally, I don't want any of the store mounts and they don't make me angry but I can completely understand why it would make others mad. To take a legitimate complaint by people and just dismiss them as 'whining' seems to be a bit juvenile in and of itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    We have a bunch of redneck yahoos that like to set them off in the cul de sac where I live, and 60% of their shit ends up in our yard or on our house. Not infracted
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocarbs View Post
    We have a bunch of obnoxious wetbacks that like to play their mariachi music where I live and nearly all their family ends up parking in our yard. Infracted

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe the people who are defending this practice.

They overcharge for things that should by any rights be obtainable in the game.

Blizzard has stopped producing new models in the game, and is instead pumping reskins while the store gets new models.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Zabusasan View Post
    Its like you dont get the point. Remember the days before transmog where people would show off their new gear inside the big city? Remember the first time you got a glory of the X mount?

Mounts are not just vehicles in this game. They are trophies. If you dont realise that then you and me cant understand eachother.
    If you think of anything in this game as a trophy that impacts your opinion or anybody elses you need to reevaluate your priorities. The strongest response any mount should evoke is "that is ugly or that looks cool." Anything more than that and you should delete WoW and not come back for the sake of your mental well-being

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel.. Meh.. Really.. Only dislike I have is seeing races on that mount that really does not fit it.

Else, mounts, pets and transmog helmets - All fine by me. I do not find a loss to it, I do not feel preasured to buy it - but at times I do find one.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Tell me why people spend real money on them then?
    The same reason they spend money on those ugly helms they have in the store?
    They like the look of them. I personally agree with Raiju, the source of the mount is what makes it a trophy to me.
    Store mount? Yawnnn anybody with $25 can get one of those.
    Ji-kun mount or something? Nice! Some crazy good luck involved in getting it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ViridianWRA View Post
    I can't believe the people who are defending this practice.

They overcharge for things that should by any rights be obtainable in the game.

Blizzard has stopped producing new models in the game, and is instead pumping reskins while the store gets new models.
    Ji Kun mount was a reskin? (Not actually sure on this one, might share a model with the pandairan phoenixes)
    Heroic Garrosh mount is a reskin?
    Also, where do you get this "I have the right to get this for free" from? Delusional much?

10+ Year Old Account
    All(and i do really mean all) the new mounts that they have worked that little bit extra on all comes on the store instead of being hard earned in game.
    Stopped reading after this. It's simply not true....not true at all.

I don't mind it being a store mount, was hoping for it to be the CE mount which still would have been more money thrown to Blizzard. What I don't like is the timing, first and foremost, I cant buy it atm(lol). But even in its description, it says "bred by the Iron Horde"...the Iron Horde doesn't exist yet. Why is it being released now?

10+ Year Old Account
    OP is self entitled. Its a curse on society these days.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I really don't know why we have 3 threads with people complaining about a Blizz store item.
    Its pretty simple... people dont like paying for more game stuff when they pay a sub fee.

It can be argued that Wow has become a game for the rich.

Or just realise that blizzard took way more then they needed the last 10 years to make them ablt to still run wow at the same price. Inlfation? come on dude. They made billions. Everyone knows that if they started upping the subscription fee they would loose a lot of customers. Anyway back on topic please.
    Right, because a successful business only charges what they need to survive.

Said no realistic, business-minded person ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Aus Nate View Post
    I have no issue with the price, or the fact its on the store, I'm currently unemployed, I get by, if I have spare money I do buy things to spoil myself, and the mount itself doesn't change the game in any way.

Also, there are like what 160+ mounts ingame anyway via vendor/ach/dungeon/raid, and only a few been on store, no reason to complain, for there are more fish (mounts) in the sea (and land or air)
    Theres actually something like 220 in game mounts. I think 5? on the store. For every new mount added to the store theres still 20-40 in game mounts. There was 5 new mounts in 5.4 from the game itself (Kor'Kron wolf, Galak mount, Huolon mount, Sky Golem and one from Garrosh H IIRC) and 2 store though which I can see being a problem for now. IMO they should have waited a month or 2 more for this one to be released.

i dunno, i think of the store like going to restaurant - everything i ordered is included in my meal that i paid for, but i could add extra helpings to it for more money...

I'm one of the people who are most likely not going to spendt bucks on the blizzard store. I wont stand up and shout about it, i just feel i am allready paying enough to blizzard as it is.

However. When it comes to mounts these days blizzard has taken a turn that i simply believe is god awful. All(and i do really mean all) the new mounts that they have worked that little bit extra on all comes on the store instead of being hard earned in game.

You might not all think that the fey(fairy?)dragon was the coolest looking mount ever, but its a very unique mount no matter how you look at it(personally i find it very cool).

I simply do not agree with this strategy and wanted to be heard.

How do you guys feel? Is it cool that the unique new mounts all come from the shop?
    They don't all come from the shop; 99% of the truly cool mounts are obtainable only by getting them in-game.

To echo the point every other rational poster has made, store mounts ARE NOT MANDATORY. They are optional; not buying them does not impact your gameplay at all. If Blizzard wants to make a bit of extra money by selling stuff on the side, they are perfectly in their right to do so; its their game, after all (which I think a lot of people lose sight of). Just as you have the right to not buy it.

If a mount is cool enough I might consider buying it, but since its purely cosmetic I just don't care enough to buy anything from the store.

Deleted
    What about the Iron Juggernaut ?
    What about the wolf on garrosh ?
    What about the arena/RBG mounts ?
    Ji-Kun's mount ?

The fey dragon mount doesn't fit in the game, they wont just create an NPC that could loot it just for the sake of it, it could be an achievement reward but they also can't create an achievement that fit the fey dragon just for the sake of it, it doesn't fit with any of MoP's themes, its place is in the store.

There is plenty of mounts in game, Mists of Pandaria brought a ton of them.
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2014-01-17 at 02:23 AM.