Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickletusk View Post
    It doesn't matter if it makes you better or not, it's content you need to pay extra for to obtain. I already pay a subscription for the content.

I wouldnt be as bothered if they only released these mounts say every six months, and atleast 50% of the profits went to a good charity.
    So by that logic you should get at least one expansion for free because it's content you need to pay extra for to obtain. Hell, if you're subscribed to the game non stop every expansion should be for free because it's content you need to pay extra for to obtain. I like to treat content as something I can be a part of, not some flying pixels that look different from my flying pixles but fly at the same speed.

We pay for server costs, for people who develop and keep this game up. That's what s subscription is for and nothing else. We don't pay Blizzard to cater to our needs, we pay them so they can have the money to develop this game further.

When you go to a restaurant? Do you complain about not getting enough steak or potatoes on your plate because you paid for a meal and you think it should have more of a certain ingredient?

Quote Originally Posted by ViridianWRA View Post
    Ji-Kun Mount is a reskinned Phoenix.
    Heroic Garrosh mount is a reskinned Amber Scorpion (Klaxxi).

And... That's the exact attitude that was implied in the game before 3.3 when they added the first damn Store mount. When you earned things like the Raven Lord or Deathcharger, instead of buying them and suffering cheap, lazy reskins for achievements.
    Nope, it's not a reskinned phoenix. Just because they're both birds doesn't mean they're the same.

http://fr.wowhead.com/spell=139448#modelviewer:11+0

http://fr.wowhead.com/spell=129552#modelviewer:11+0

Quote Originally Posted by Wacomman View Post
    So by that logic you should get at least one expansion for free because it's content you need to pay extra for to obtain.
    Actually, yes. People were / are only tolerating paying for boxes while also paying for subs, because there was / is relative lack of alternatives to WoW, and because WoW has some good memories associated with it. That's not endless.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    As covered a thousand times, shop mounts are rehash/reskin, too.
    But 100% unique, in-game different color.

No matter how many times it has been covered, shop items have so much more work put into them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zabusasan View Post
    I'm one of the people who are most likely not going to spendt bucks on the blizzard store. I wont stand up and shout about it, i just feel i am allready paying enough to blizzard as it is.

However. When it comes to mounts these days blizzard has taken a turn that i simply believe is god awful. All(and i do really mean all) the new mounts that they have worked that little bit extra on all comes on the store instead of being hard earned in game.

You might not all think that the fey(fairy?)dragon was the coolest looking mount ever, but its a very unique mount no matter how you look at it(personally i find it very cool).

I simply do not agree with this strategy and wanted to be heard.

How do you guys feel? Is it cool that the unique new mounts all come from the shop?
    Pretty soon, the way it looks like its heading at least, you will be able to buy all the in game mounts in the store...so it wont matter.
    Build #1: Corsair 350D | EVGA 500W PSU | Gigabyte Z97M-D3H | Intel i5-4690k | Crucial MX100 512GB SSD / WD 1TB | Gigabyte Black GTX-750Ti | 16GB Gskill - Windows 8.1

Budget Build: DS Aero | EVGA 500W PSU | Gigabyte B85-D3V | Intel G3258 [email protected] GHz | 250GB Samsung EVO | WD 500GB Data | EVGA GTX-750Ti | 8GB Gskill | Windows 7 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post

No matter how many times it has been covered, shop items have so much more work put into them.
    Except for the chimera all the other shop mounts uses an in game skeleton.
    The shop items doesn't have much more work put into them, they just fit the mists of pandaria standards, you just have this impression because the latest in-game mounts such as the Iron Juggernaut are out of your range.
    The problem is that peoples on this thread compare the shop's mounts with with the mounts they could easily get with a bit of luck - the mounts that comes from previous expansions.
    The quality of the mounts in the store always fit the quality of it's time.

I am pretty concerned about the number of people who think its ok for Blizz to double dip into their pockets for content.

There is what I can only call a strong vocal group of people who are determined to accept this and slap others who disagree down.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post

For every store mount you mention had significant work put in, I can bring up 2 ingame ones. I already have in previous threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Love the fanbois defending their beloved Blizzard, who have managed to turn WoW into both a p2p and b2p game at the same time. Why people choose to defend a billion dollar corporation while they are being robbed by said corporation is a great mystery.

As far as the laughable notion that "its cosmetic, it doesn't effect gameplay," cosmetics are a huge part of what WoW is. Do you not consider the thousands of hours people spend running old and new content for transmog gear and mounts to be "gameplay"?

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSwirl View Post
    Love the fanbois defending their beloved Blizzard, who have managed to turn WoW into both a p2p and b2p game at the same time. Why people choose to defend a billion dollar corporation while they are being robbed by said corporation is a great mystery.

As far as the laughable notion that "its cosmetic, it doesn't effect gameplay," cosmetics are a huge part of what WoW is. Do you not consider the thousands of hours people spend running old and new content for transmog gear and mounts to be "gameplay"?
    The fact is that without the store thoses would simply not exist. The store is a way to put the content that doesn't fit in the game available.
    Paying 14 bucks a month for a games that ensure me several complete days of playing in the month, damn what a scam.

This "Bash blizzard no matter what" movement is really ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    The fact is that without the store thoses would simply not exist. The store is a way to put the content that doesn't fit in the game available.
    No. It works differently. They do the items and from time to time someone decides "hey, let's sell *that* one for extra money". That's all. The bashing is justified.

I don't see why p2w-microtransactions in free2play games are ok, but useless-item-microtransactions in sub-based games are such a crime against humanity.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    I don't see why p2w-microtransactions in free2play games are ok, but useless-item-microtransactions in sub-based games are such a crime against humanity.
    Because when people are buying a sub-based game, part of the reason for them to buy is no microtransactions and everything covered by a sub.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    No. It works differently. They do the items and from time to time someone decides "hey, let's sell *that* one for extra money". That's all. The bashing is justified.
    Ok let's have a look at this (for ones I remember)

Sparklepony - clearly didn't fit in ICC (or RS), was merely a reskin too. Likely would never get past concept without a store.
    Winged Guardian - this was during 4.1 I believe? Well it makes no sense from trolls Tol'vir already had 2 archeology mounts and it doesn't fit outside uldum
    Heart of the Aspects - the model used for the dragonsoul, the raid accompanied drops 4! mounts, 3 of which were a new model. Maybe it could've been the hc deathwing or meta achi? Still it's not clear
    Wind steed - dafuq is this thing?
    Bat - definitely could have fit in 5.2, although jikuns mountfeels a bit forced..
    Chimaera - clearly it's relevant to WoD, but do we knowif it'll be unique? If there will be a slot to fit it in?
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Ok let's have a look at this (for ones I remember)

Sparklepony - clearly didn't fit in ICC (or RS), was merely a reskin too. Likely would never get past concept without a store.
    Winged Guardian - this was during 4.1 I believe? Well it makes no sense from trolls Tol'vir already had 2 archeology mounts and it doesn't fit outside uldum
    Heart of the Aspects - the model used for the dragonsoul, the raid accompanied drops 4! mounts, 3 of which were a new model. Maybe it could've been the hc deathwing or meta achi? Still it's not clear
    Wind steed - dafuq is this thing?
    Bat - definitely could have fit in 5.2, although jikuns mountfeels a bit forced..
    Chimaera - clearly it's relevant to WoD, but do we knowif it'll be unique? If there will be a slot to fit it in?
    What does this have to do with what I said?? Wrong copy / paste?

Oh, just got it - are you arguing that the mounts for the store were developed explicitly for the store??? Based on what?
    Last edited by rda; 2014-01-17 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Because in F2P games, that is the ONLY way the people that makes the games can generate income.

Blizzard get income from box sales. Oh, and their subscription. And the ingame services, of course. But this isn't enough. Over a billion dollars of income a year ISN'T ENOUGH. They have to introduce a cash shop as well, so they can get even more income.

This is purely a company taking advantage of customers who simply aren't behaving like proper consumers any more. You can see that from the sort of responses you get defending Blizzard. Quoting that it's a good thing, because it helps keep the subscription down. Or that it is just normal capitalism. Or that it has no effect on you if you don't use it. All the sorts of statements you would expect from the Blizzard PR department, that we are getting from normal consumers.

It's weird, because even addicts wouldn't behave this way. You wouldn't see heroin users defending their supplier when they put up prices, or cigarette smokers, or alchoholics. The only reasonable comparison I can make is that these people are defending Blizzard with an evangelical zeal. Which is a really odd thing from customers of a game company. Isn't it?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.

The volume of new game features and content in MoP is a direct consequence of people cancelling subscriptions during Cataclysm. You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    What does this have to do with what I said?? Wrong copy / paste?
    No, it's relevant to you. If they mounts weren't going to be added but were already made, then surely its not a valid reason to bash them?
    Oh I missed the fey drake - dafuq is that this isn't emerald dream, would've never have seen live without an emerald dream patch.

No, it's relevant to you. If they mounts weren't going to be added but were already made, then surely its not a valid reason to bash them?
    Oh I missed the fey drake - dafuq is that this isn't emerald dream, would've never have seen live without an emerald dream patch.
    Why do you think the mounts wouldn't have been added?

Take your first item with Sparklepony. "Clearly didn't fit" isn't an argument - they totally do mounts which players then think "clearly don't fit" into the environments. "Likely would never get past concept" is ...based on what? What is the logic?

Same with other items.

If there was no store, perhaps they would have spent less time on mounts overall, yes. Same for pets. It's possible. But that's the limit of it.
    Last edited by rda; 2014-01-17 at 01:10 PM.

They explained at pandaland blizzcon they draw random shit all the time, which is how they had so much artwork for pandas (because the samwise guy wouldnt stop drawing them)

They explained at pandaland blizzcon they draw random shit all the time, which is how they had so much artwork for pandas (because the samwise guy wouldnt stop drawing them)
    And? That's what I am I saying as well - they are drawing / making random shit all the time, all the store "adds" is that they take some of that shit from time to time and decide to charge extra money for it.