Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
5
13
14
15
16
LastLast
  1. #281
    Legendary! Raiju's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    6,969
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    And? That's what I am I saying as well - they are drawing / making random shit all the time, all the store "adds" is that they take some of that shit from time to time and decide to charge extra money for it.
    Except it's stuff that we wouldn't see it ingame, because it doesn't fit anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

  2. #282
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Except it's stuff that we wouldn't see it ingame, because it doesn't fit anywhere.
    Yeah, I am repeatedly asking you why you think we wouldn't see mounts and pets that are currently in the store in game, and you just repeat that over and over. A lot of people said "it doesn't fit" about many mounts and pets that made it into the game, that's nothing new, not to mention subjective - it can't be the reason.

  3. #283
    Legendary! Raiju's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    6,969
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Yeah, I am repeatedly asking you why you think we wouldn't see mounts and pets that are currently in the store in game, and you just repeat that over and over. A lot of people said "it doesn't fit" about many mounts and pets that made it into the game, that's nothing new, not to mention subjective - it can't be the reason.
    Where would we get a fey drake other than teh emerald dream (which was closed off for now due to the books)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

  4. #284
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Where would we get a fey drake other than teh emerald dream (which was closed off for now due to the books)?
    From anywhere. From a rare mob, from a raid or an instance, from a rep, from an achievement, or it could simply spawn in Feralas.

  5. #285
    Legendary! Raiju's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    6,969
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    From anywhere. From a rare mob, from a raid or an instance, from a rep, from an achievement, or it could simply spawn in Feralas.
    I don't see why we'd suddenly be getting fey drakes in feralas or similar - it doesnt thematically match any of teh current raids, cenarion circle and expedition are ancient, guardians of hyjal is a bit outdated to now. What achievement? Pet 1000 faerie dragons?

    It doesn't slot in anywhere without a patch to accompany it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

  6. #286
    I am Murloc! Rorcanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Umeå, Sweden
    Posts
    5,965
    Sure, I can't help but wonder why the 100% Garrosh Mount wasn't something unique and FLYING rather than some rehashed scorpion with no lore at all behind it. They could have made the Iron Skyreaver drop from Garrosh and smack some lore on it.

    But, as a mount collector I'm happy with the store, can't deny that. And 20-25 bucks ain't much in the grand scheme of things. Paying the small sub fee each month is NOT something one should be struggling with. If you feel that you are paying "too much", then perhaps you're out of your league as it is?

    The amount of whinging and anger surrounding the Blizzard store is nothing short of pathetic. Why are people so naive that they get offended by a company just doing what companies do? That is, making money and finding new ways to do so. The store turned a hit, as such they kept adding to it. If the sparklepony had been a flop, they wouldn't have kept adding stuff. Blizzard is in no way obligated to give out free stuff for people low on cash. That's that.

    Get over it already, and if there's a store mount you REALLY can't live without, then save up the cash rather than whinging about it not being available in-game. Because let's face it, what's to say you could have gotten it anyways? They're known for adding many rare drops and those are usually not easily obtained until 2 expansions later when you can solo for them.

    That feeling when there's a new expansion out and you sit in a Garrison wondering what the hell to do because you are stuck on an entire continent like Timeless Isle, only with even more obstacles so that you miss out on rares.

  7. #287
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I don't see why we'd suddenly be getting fey drakes in feralas or similar - it doesnt thematically match any of teh current raids, cenarion circle and expedition are ancient, guardians of hyjal is a bit outdated to now. What achievement? Pet 1000 faerie dragons?

    It doesn't slot in anywhere without a patch to accompany it.
    They'd think of something. Look at WoD - did anyone really ask for more orcs? No. Metzen wanted orcs, so we got orcs. They had to make Garrosh escape into a, gasp, different timeline for that to work. Did this stop them? Heck, no.

    Besides, you think saying "fey drake" is important? It could have totally started as something else. Or it could have been reworked into something else. Or it could have been shelved until they have a good spot for it. Some of the mounts we are now getting from the store will no doubt appear as models of regular / elite mobs in WoD and future expansions. With or without modifications. It's no big deal.
    Last edited by rda; 2014-01-17 at 01:34 PM.

  8. #288
    I am Murloc! Rorcanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Umeå, Sweden
    Posts
    5,965
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    They'd think of something. Look at WoD - did anyone really ask for more orcs? No. Metzen wanted orcs, so we got orcs. They had to make Garrosh escape into a, gasp, different timeline for that to work. Did this stop them? Heck, no.
    Well, they are on the store now. You're just gonna have to deal with it and move on, no? They will keep adding mounts to the store and people struggling with spending more cash than the monthly fee on this hobby or sitting on some weird morals about how companies should earn money will keep crying.

    And I say weird because they're spending so much time crying and raging about a company providing optional and in no way power-enhancing pixels for additional fees and insulting people buying said pixels as if they were paying for something that was harmful to others or produced by slavery.
    Last edited by Rorcanna; 2014-01-17 at 01:36 PM.

    That feeling when there's a new expansion out and you sit in a Garrison wondering what the hell to do because you are stuck on an entire continent like Timeless Isle, only with even more obstacles so that you miss out on rares.

  9. #289
    Legendary! Raiju's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    6,969
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    They'd think of something. Look at WoD - did anyone really ask for more orcs? No. Metzen wanted orcs, so we got orcs. They had to make Garrosh escape into a, gasp, different timeline for that to work. Did this stop them? Heck, no.
    I think it's more likely for the same reason they stated on the advertisement over 100m accounts, and that they've been through so many players there's not many new players left to tap.

    They are trying to appeal to people who have quit by bringing back the old names, the old lore, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

  10. #290
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I think it's more likely for the same reason they stated on the advertisement over 100m accounts, and that they've been through so many players there's not many new players left to tap.

    They are trying to appeal to people who have quit by bringing back the old names, the old lore, etc.
    Nah, that's a distant secondary. Why is WoD going to be about orcs on Draenor and not, say, about human kingdoms when orcs first got to Azeroth? That would have easily served for bringing back the old names as well. Yeah, because Metzen.

  11. #291
    I am Murloc! Rorcanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Umeå, Sweden
    Posts
    5,965
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I think it's more likely for the same reason they stated on the advertisement over 100m accounts, and that they've been through so many players there's not many new players left to tap.

    They are trying to appeal to people who have quit by bringing back the old names, the old lore, etc.
    Especially since people are never happy. New lore? "Pffrt, they whipped it out from their asses! I don't like it so that means that they didn't put any thought into it!". Old lore? "Pffrt, rehaaaaaaaash!".

    Tbf I'm wondering how some people can even justify paying the monthly fee considering how incredibly little they seem to get out of it.

    That feeling when there's a new expansion out and you sit in a Garrison wondering what the hell to do because you are stuck on an entire continent like Timeless Isle, only with even more obstacles so that you miss out on rares.

  12. #292
    Legendary! Raiju's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    6,969
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Nah, that's a distant secondary. Why is WoD going to be about orcs on Draenor and not, say, about human kingdoms when orcs first got to Azeroth? That would have easily served for bringing back the old names as well. Yeah, because Metzen.
    I'd wager the reason wotlk was so popular was that it was the conclusion of WC3:TFT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

  13. #293
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I'd wager the reason wotlk was so popular was that it was the conclusion of WC3:TFT.
    I don't disagree. No contradiction to what I said.

  14. #294
    Stood in the Fire Dat Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Mega Drive Sonic 1's Special Stage
    Posts
    388
    For me : aesthetic shit = meh.

    IDC, have at it.

  15. #295
    I've bought every mount in the store, including the new double headed drake. I don't mind the purchase since WoW is my hobby. Some people go to the bar, some play miniatures games, other collect comic books. This is where I want to spend my money. I wish they had more things like the Cartel shop in SWTOR. I would gladly pay to unlock flying at lvl 1, or get a complete set of socketed gear. The grind is not my enjoyment, the casual aspects are.

  16. #296
    Dreadlord Morbownz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    810
    I've yet to see a single mount from the Blizzard store that looked better than anything available in game, so it doesn't really bother me too much. It seems to be the future of MMORPGs so you'd better get used to it.
    Lets all go to the Blizz-store, Lets all go to the Blizz-store, Lets all go to the Blizz-store to buy ourselves some treats. Delicious things for geeks, the Pixels can't be beat. The Achievement points are just dandy, them sparkling mounts are quite handy. So Lets all go to the Blizz-store and buy ourselves a treat.

  17. #297
    Mechagnome Santoryu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Staples Center
    Posts
    621
    It just seems like QQ because it's something you want but cba buying
    Why don't we turn that around and argue that the shop defenders cba to work for their mounts through in game means.

    I would gladly pay to unlock flying at lvl 1, or get a complete set of socketed gear.
    If they did that the game would be torn asunder.
    Last edited by Santoryu; 2014-01-17 at 02:38 PM.

  18. #298
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,384
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabusasan View Post
    Its like you dont get the point. Remember the days before transmog where people would show off their new gear inside the big city? Remember the first time you got a glory of the X mount?

    Mounts are not just vehicles in this game. They are trophies. If you dont realise that then you and me cant understand eachother.
    I think you need to get with the program and not care about other peoples' trophies. I couldn't give a shit if I saw someone twirling around Orgrimmar on the Headless Horseman's mount, or Invincible, or one of those cool undead dragons from the ICC meta-achievement. Would I like those mounts? Yes, I'm still working towards the jade kite. Do I care that other people have them? Not in the slightest. Other players and their in-game accomplishments are utterly worthless to me; they don't enrich my experience in any way at all, so I have no reason to care or envy them. If more people were content not to have what they won't put in the time for (in my case, raid meta-achievement mounts), WoW would probably be a much more chill place.
    #GamerGate has as much to do with misogyny and hatred as atheism has to do with the Big Bang Theory - belief in the BBT is completely separate to the assertion that there is no conclusive proof that any god exists. #GamerGate is about ethics in video game journalism. Misogyny is an optional extra of a vocal minority.

  19. #299
    I seem to remember a mount called the sky golem releasing recently. I have made 3 since its release and honestly I use that the most and I have some blizz store mounts.

  20. #300
    I don't get the whole 'double dip' argument... Does Blizzard increase sub costs in order to accommodate the store? Do you realize you are also paying these people to eat, to pay mortgage, to pay bills, to buy worthless luxuries, to possibly even donate that money to a political campaign you don't agree with? So that being said, do you have a right to complain about that because it doesn't enhance your gaming experience for no extra cost? The moment you hand your cash to someone else, it is no longer yours, and you have no say what they do with it.
    "I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." --Voltaire

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •