Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I don't see why p2w-microtransactions in free2play games are ok, but useless-item-microtransactions in sub-based games are such a crime against humanity.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    I don't see why p2w-microtransactions in free2play games are ok, but useless-item-microtransactions in sub-based games are such a crime against humanity.
    Because when people are buying a sub-based game, part of the reason for them to buy is no microtransactions and everything covered by a sub.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    No. It works differently. They do the items and from time to time someone decides "hey, let's sell *that* one for extra money". That's all. The bashing is justified.
    Ok let's have a look at this (for ones I remember)

Sparklepony - clearly didn't fit in ICC (or RS), was merely a reskin too. Likely would never get past concept without a store.
    Winged Guardian - this was during 4.1 I believe? Well it makes no sense from trolls Tol'vir already had 2 archeology mounts and it doesn't fit outside uldum
    Heart of the Aspects - the model used for the dragonsoul, the raid accompanied drops 4! mounts, 3 of which were a new model. Maybe it could've been the hc deathwing or meta achi? Still it's not clear
    Wind steed - dafuq is this thing?
    Bat - definitely could have fit in 5.2, although jikuns mountfeels a bit forced..
    Chimaera - clearly it's relevant to WoD, but do we knowif it'll be unique? If there will be a slot to fit it in?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Ok let's have a look at this (for ones I remember)

Sparklepony - clearly didn't fit in ICC (or RS), was merely a reskin too. Likely would never get past concept without a store.
    Winged Guardian - this was during 4.1 I believe? Well it makes no sense from trolls Tol'vir already had 2 archeology mounts and it doesn't fit outside uldum
    Heart of the Aspects - the model used for the dragonsoul, the raid accompanied drops 4! mounts, 3 of which were a new model. Maybe it could've been the hc deathwing or meta achi? Still it's not clear
    Wind steed - dafuq is this thing?
    Bat - definitely could have fit in 5.2, although jikuns mountfeels a bit forced..
    Chimaera - clearly it's relevant to WoD, but do we knowif it'll be unique? If there will be a slot to fit it in?
    What does this have to do with what I said?? Wrong copy / paste?

Oh, just got it - are you arguing that the mounts for the store were developed explicitly for the store??? Based on what?
    Last edited by rda; 2014-01-17 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Because in F2P games, that is the ONLY way the people that makes the games can generate income.

Blizzard get income from box sales. Oh, and their subscription. And the ingame services, of course. But this isn't enough. Over a billion dollars of income a year ISN'T ENOUGH. They have to introduce a cash shop as well, so they can get even more income.

This is purely a company taking advantage of customers who simply aren't behaving like proper consumers any more. You can see that from the sort of responses you get defending Blizzard. Quoting that it's a good thing, because it helps keep the subscription down. Or that it is just normal capitalism. Or that it has no effect on you if you don't use it. All the sorts of statements you would expect from the Blizzard PR department, that we are getting from normal consumers.

It's weird, because even addicts wouldn't behave this way. You wouldn't see heroin users defending their supplier when they put up prices, or cigarette smokers, or alchoholics. The only reasonable comparison I can make is that these people are defending Blizzard with an evangelical zeal. Which is a really odd thing from customers of a game company. Isn't it?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

What does this have to do with what I said?? Wrong copy / paste?
    No, it's relevant to you. If they mounts weren't going to be added but were already made, then surely its not a valid reason to bash them?
    Oh I missed the fey drake - dafuq is that this isn't emerald dream, would've never have seen live without an emerald dream patch.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

No, it's relevant to you. If they mounts weren't going to be added but were already made, then surely its not a valid reason to bash them?
    Oh I missed the fey drake - dafuq is that this isn't emerald dream, would've never have seen live without an emerald dream patch.
    Why do you think the mounts wouldn't have been added?

Take your first item with Sparklepony. "Clearly didn't fit" isn't an argument - they totally do mounts which players then think "clearly don't fit" into the environments. "Likely would never get past concept" is ...based on what? What is the logic?

Same with other items.

If there was no store, perhaps they would have spent less time on mounts overall, yes. Same for pets. It's possible. But that's the limit of it.
    Last edited by rda; 2014-01-17 at 01:10 PM.

They explained at pandaland blizzcon they draw random shit all the time, which is how they had so much artwork for pandas (because the samwise guy wouldnt stop drawing them)

They explained at pandaland blizzcon they draw random shit all the time, which is how they had so much artwork for pandas (because the samwise guy wouldnt stop drawing them)
    And? That's what I am I saying as well - they are drawing / making random shit all the time, all the store "adds" is that they take some of that shit from time to time and decide to charge extra money for it.

And? That's what I am I saying as well - they are drawing / making random shit all the time, all the store "adds" is that they take some of that shit from time to time and decide to charge extra money for it.
    Except it's stuff that we wouldn't see it ingame, because it doesn't fit anywhere.

Except it's stuff that we wouldn't see it ingame, because it doesn't fit anywhere.
    Yeah, I am repeatedly asking you why you think we wouldn't see mounts and pets that are currently in the store in game, and you just repeat that over and over. A lot of people said "it doesn't fit" about many mounts and pets that made it into the game, that's nothing new, not to mention subjective - it can't be the reason.

Yeah, I am repeatedly asking you why you think we wouldn't see mounts and pets that are currently in the store in game, and you just repeat that over and over. A lot of people said "it doesn't fit" about many mounts and pets that made it into the game, that's nothing new, not to mention subjective - it can't be the reason.
    Where would we get a fey drake other than teh emerald dream (which was closed off for now due to the books)?

Where would we get a fey drake other than teh emerald dream (which was closed off for now due to the books)?
    From anywhere. From a rare mob, from a raid or an instance, from a rep, from an achievement, or it could simply spawn in Feralas.

From anywhere. From a rare mob, from a raid or an instance, from a rep, from an achievement, or it could simply spawn in Feralas.
    I don't see why we'd suddenly be getting fey drakes in feralas or similar - it doesnt thematically match any of teh current raids, cenarion circle and expedition are ancient, guardians of hyjal is a bit outdated to now. What achievement? Pet 1000 faerie dragons?

It doesn't slot in anywhere without a patch to accompany it.

Sure, I can't help but wonder why the 100% Garrosh Mount wasn't something unique and FLYING rather than some rehashed scorpion with no lore at all behind it. They could have made the Iron Skyreaver drop from Garrosh and smack some lore on it.

But, as a mount collector I'm happy with the store, can't deny that. And 20-25 bucks ain't much in the grand scheme of things. Paying the small sub fee each month is NOT something one should be struggling with. If you feel that you are paying "too much", then perhaps you're out of your league as it is?

The amount of whinging and anger surrounding the Blizzard store is nothing short of pathetic. Why are people so naive that they get offended by a company just doing what companies do? That is, making money and finding new ways to do so. The store turned a hit, as such they kept adding to it. If the sparklepony had been a flop, they wouldn't have kept adding stuff. Blizzard is in no way obligated to give out free stuff for people low on cash. That's that.

Get over it already, and if there's a store mount you REALLY can't live without, then save up the cash rather than whinging about it not being available in-game. Because let's face it, what's to say you could have gotten it anyways? They're known for adding many rare drops and those are usually not easily obtained until 2 expansions later when you can solo for them.

I don't see why we'd suddenly be getting fey drakes in feralas or similar - it doesnt thematically match any of teh current raids, cenarion circle and expedition are ancient, guardians of hyjal is a bit outdated to now. What achievement? Pet 1000 faerie dragons?

It doesn't slot in anywhere without a patch to accompany it.
    They'd think of something. Look at WoD - did anyone really ask for more orcs? No. Metzen wanted orcs, so we got orcs. They had to make Garrosh escape into a, gasp, different timeline for that to work. Did this stop them? Heck, no.

Besides, you think saying "fey drake" is important? It could have totally started as something else. Or it could have been reworked into something else. Or it could have been shelved until they have a good spot for it. Some of the mounts we are now getting from the store will no doubt appear as models of regular / elite mobs in WoD and future expansions. With or without modifications. It's no big deal.
    Last edited by rda; 2014-01-17 at 01:34 PM.

They'd think of something. Look at WoD - did anyone really ask for more orcs? No. Metzen wanted orcs, so we got orcs. They had to make Garrosh escape into a, gasp, different timeline for that to work. Did this stop them? Heck, no.
    Well, they are on the store now. You're just gonna have to deal with it and move on, no? They will keep adding mounts to the store and people struggling with spending more cash than the monthly fee on this hobby or sitting on some weird morals about how companies should earn money will keep crying.

And I say weird because they're spending so much time crying and raging about a company providing optional and in no way power-enhancing pixels for additional fees and insulting people buying said pixels as if they were paying for something that was harmful to others or produced by slavery.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2014-01-17 at 01:36 PM.

I think it's more likely for the same reason they stated on the advertisement over 100m accounts, and that they've been through so many players there's not many new players left to tap.

They are trying to appeal to people who have quit by bringing back the old names, the old lore, etc.

I think it's more likely for the same reason they stated on the advertisement over 100m accounts, and that they've been through so many players there's not many new players left to tap.

They are trying to appeal to people who have quit by bringing back the old names, the old lore, etc.
    Nah, that's a distant secondary. Why is WoD going to be about orcs on Draenor and not, say, about human kingdoms when orcs first got to Azeroth? That would have easily served for bringing back the old names as well. Yeah, because Metzen.

Especially since people are never happy. New lore? "Pffrt, they whipped it out from their asses! I don't like it so that means that they didn't put any thought into it!". Old lore? "Pffrt, rehaaaaaaaash!".

Tbf I'm wondering how some people can even justify paying the monthly fee considering how incredibly little they seem to get out of it.