Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Nah, that's a distant secondary. Why is WoD going to be about orcs on Draenor and not, say, about human kingdoms when orcs first got to Azeroth? That would have easily served for bringing back the old names as well. Yeah, because Metzen.
    I'd wager the reason wotlk was so popular was that it was the conclusion of WC3:TFT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I'd wager the reason wotlk was so popular was that it was the conclusion of WC3:TFT.
    I don't disagree. No contradiction to what I said.

Deleted
    For me : aesthetic shit = meh.

IDC, have at it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've bought every mount in the store, including the new double headed drake. I don't mind the purchase since WoW is my hobby. Some people go to the bar, some play miniatures games, other collect comic books. This is where I want to spend my money. I wish they had more things like the Cartel shop in SWTOR. I would gladly pay to unlock flying at lvl 1, or get a complete set of socketed gear. The grind is not my enjoyment, the casual aspects are.

I've yet to see a single mount from the Blizzard store that looked better than anything available in game, so it doesn't really bother me too much. It seems to be the future of MMORPGs so you'd better get used to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It just seems like QQ because it's something you want but cba buying
    Why don't we turn that around and argue that the shop defenders cba to work for their mounts through in game means.

I would gladly pay to unlock flying at lvl 1, or get a complete set of socketed gear.
    If they did that the game would be torn asunder.
    Last edited by Santoryu; 2014-01-17 at 02:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabusasan View Post
    Its like you dont get the point. Remember the days before transmog where people would show off their new gear inside the big city? Remember the first time you got a glory of the X mount?

Mounts are not just vehicles in this game. They are trophies. If you dont realise that then you and me cant understand eachother.
    I think you need to get with the program and not care about other peoples' trophies. I couldn't give a shit if I saw someone twirling around Orgrimmar on the Headless Horseman's mount, or Invincible, or one of those cool undead dragons from the ICC meta-achievement. Would I like those mounts? Yes, I'm still working towards the jade kite. Do I care that other people have them? Not in the slightest. Other players and their in-game accomplishments are utterly worthless to me; they don't enrich my experience in any way at all, so I have no reason to care or envy them. If more people were content not to have what they won't put in the time for (in my case, raid meta-achievement mounts), WoW would probably be a much more chill place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

10+ Year Old Account
    I seem to remember a mount called the sky golem releasing recently. I have made 3 since its release and honestly I use that the most and I have some blizz store mounts.

I don't get the whole 'double dip' argument... Does Blizzard increase sub costs in order to accommodate the store? Do you realize you are also paying these people to eat, to pay mortgage, to pay bills, to buy worthless luxuries, to possibly even donate that money to a political campaign you don't agree with? So that being said, do you have a right to complain about that because it doesn't enhance your gaming experience for no extra cost? The moment you hand your cash to someone else, it is no longer yours, and you have no say what they do with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    WoW is ending soon. Mark my words right here right now.
    They're shifting to a Diablo MMO and putting World of Warcraft on hold for the moment/a while.
    Prophet tikcol at your disposal any day, any time.
    Spoken by the great prophet on 6/29/17

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Exerus View Post
    I seem to remember a mount called the sky golem releasing recently. I have made 3 since its release and honestly I use that the most and I have some blizz store mounts.
    to be perfectly honest the sky golem makes the game feel like Mech Warrior 2, not a fantasy game! mechanical stuff getting out of control haha
    Hi

Even though I read posts like this and think, "Wow. That joker is a drama queen." I do believe his/her underlying point is valid.

It is kind of crappy that every time Blizzard has been showing off these UNIQUE mounts, they ALWAYS end up something they want to charge $25 for.

I love this game. But that kind of marketing makes me love it less. It makes the game common and it is starting to feel like I do when I walk into a high pressure electronics store where there are gaudy banners and signs plastered everywhere. Then you buy something and later hate yourself and the store.

Blizzard has some schizoid leadership right now- on one hand we see people like Watcher with passion about the game, bringing back lots of 5 mans- then we have this other side of scum bag salesmen who could care less if we have dumped a few thousands into the game over the years.

It is the difference between being a good company that people somewhat like but mostly put up with because of what they sale and that legendary excellent company that actually loves it's customer base. There are companies like that. But the bigger a company gets, the harder it is to keep that simple idea strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Zabusasan View Post
    Is it cool that the unique new mounts all come from the shop?
    Is it cool that there are "micro" transactions in a game where you already pay a monthly fee and buy xpacs? Absolutely not. But that's the kind of scumbags Blizzard are these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Zebuthecow View Post
    Blizzard has some schizoid leadership right now- on one hand we see people like Watcher with passion about the game, bringing back lots of 5 mans- then we have this other side of scum bag salesmen who could care less if we have dumped a few thousands into the game over the years.
    That's what happens when you start thinking of a company as a person.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Except it's stuff that we wouldn't see it ingame, because it doesn't fit anywhere.
    So if it doesn't fit anywhere in the game, but sold in the shop, it magically now fits into the game? - That's pretty weak.

The game no longer offers great things, the store does. Why pay a sub, to then buy great rewards? It's fucking stupid.