Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klork View Post
    Some people might not be able to afford £20 extra a month when they release a new mount, but an extra £2 a month might seem more manageable to get all the mounts or pets they release
    It's not about getting everybody mounts, it's about making the most profit...they don't give a flying fuck about the feelings or opinion of customers as long they make more profit in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Nope, it's not. It would be if they placed items in the store that you actually needed (like LOTRO, where the only way to get an actual mount in the game is through the store) or in other ways forced the store upon you. However they do not...
    Dunno about you, but putting that damn store into my UI feels like forcing to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korbany View Post
    I guess a premium subscription for xxx amount per month could be one way to go, although the £2 a month that you suggest would only cover one mount per year at current prices. Perhaps a £15 a month premium subscription could include all the mounts plus preference in realm and instance queues.

If you think about it, in real terms Wow has gotten less expensive during its life, because whereas as peoples income has gone up considerably in the last ten years, Wows subscription price has remained static.
    It's been a while since I've played how often do they release these mounts?

Quote Originally Posted by Pickwickman View Post
    I don't like it aswell, but if you try to "b-but i pay cash for the sub so i should get everything" you're wrong, and should have spoken out way sooner.
    Oh, there were people saying that the minute TRH was announced. But unfortunaly, there were waaaaayyyyyy more people losing their minds to buy one.

So much that it crashed the Blizz Store that night.
    And on that moment, our fate was sealed.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are not expensive. If $25 is expensive to you then maybe $15 a month is too expensive and you should reconsider how WoW ranks in your financial priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Oh, there were people saying that the minute TRH was announced. But unfortunaly, there were waaaaayyyyyy more people losing their minds to buy one.

So much that it crashed the Blizz Store that night.
    And on that moment, our fate was sealed.
    Exactly, and that's why the prices won't ever drop.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I blame fanbois. They bend over to let the company screw them, and after that they'll defend the company for doing it.
    And this goes for any company, not just Blizz.
    Blaming and calling people "fanbois" is useless and does more harm than good.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    They are not expensive. If $25 is expensive to you then maybe $15 a month is too expensive and you should reconsider how WoW ranks in your financial priorities.
    Maybe they should include a month free when you purchase a mount. :P

That's different. If would be like going to the Cinema to see a movie then 10 minutes before the end the usher coming in and saying "Anyone who doesn't pay an extra £1.50 to me, Must leave"
    No; you're playing dumb.

Your example is if they made Garrosh in-game unlocked by a DLC only. Or that you can only go from level 89 to 90 if you pay a needed amount of money.

A mount =/= basic gameplay.

That's different. If would be like going to the Cinema to see a movie then 10 minutes before the end the usher coming in and saying "Anyone who doesn't pay an extra £1.50 to me, Must leave"
    That's not the same thing at all. What you are describing is if Blizzard stated you can play all content but if you want to raid you have to pay more.

The person you quoted had it right. It's a vanity item, if you want additional products outside the normal content then you should pay more.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    They are content in my opinion. I'd rather see additional mounts added ingame so I have another goal to aim for.
    Thankfully opinions are irrelevant in the discussion. They aren't content. What you describe here is 'rewards' which are also not content. The gameplay that you undertake to achieve the rewards/items are certainly content. Sure, the industry has pitted us all against each other with dictionaries and opinions because we take specific meanings of words and apply them differently than they have been used before, but content in an MMO is NOT adding static items to the game. It's adding gameplay to the game. There's a reason why bug fixes aren't content. There's a reason why adding a store mount isn't content.

Let's see the next 5 patches of updates be filled with only items with little to no gameplay involvement (mounts actually enable you to avoid gameplay) and then you tell me they are adding lots of content. If you can seriously do that, then I can show you the MMO that ushers in the apocalyptic events shown in Idiocracy.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickwickman View Post
    No; you're playing dumb.

Your example is if they made Garrosh in-game unlocked by a DLC only. Or that you can only go from level 89 to 90 if you pay a needed amount of money.

A mount =/= basic gameplay.
    For some people mounts are they only thing they do in the game. Mount collecting. So if they can't access the mount because they can't afford it, there collection will be incomplete

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Dunno about you, but putting that damn store into my UI feels like forcing to me.
    Uhm... Nope. Providing you with an easier way to acces the store - or actually just an ingame way of accessing the store - is not forcing you. The PvP icon is also on you UI, do you feel forced to PvP? Do you feel forced to look at your achievements? Do you feel forced to constantly subject tickets because that button is also part of your UI?

Like other people said, there are too many people willing to buy it for $25, so there's no reason for them to lower the price. If they didn't sold the mount at all, they'd eventually lowert he price to $10, if still not too many people buy it, it goes down to $5, yet it hasn't happened yet.

For the price you pay for a mount you can do so much more stuff, either buy some great cheap games or hang out with your friends and girlfriends (if you have one)

Deleted
    I think people get angry because wow has the sub and then cash store on top. Usually so called free to play games money grab like this. The only thing that annoys me is that it's been ages since we've had a totally unique modelled mount from raid ach. It just stinks of squeezing as much money from players as possible and I know they are a business but there's a line where you go from profiting from providing a good service and blatant greed which blizzard crossed a while ago IMO.

For some people mounts are they only thing they do in the game. Mount collecting. So if they can't access the mount because they can't afford it, there collection will be incomplete
    Back to my point that the Store and Mount selling is longer in the game that they weren't. If you go KNOWINGLY that you won't be able to complete it without paying money, it's your own damn fault.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamza View Post
    I think people get angry because wow has the sub and then cash store on top. Usually so called free to play games money grab like this. The only thing that annoys me is that it's been ages since we've had a totally unique modelled mount from raid ach. It just stinks of squeezing as much money from players as possible and I know they are a business but there's a line where you go from profiting from providing a good service and blatant greed which blizzard crossed a while ago IMO.
    Again, you aren't forced to use the shop. Blatant greed WOULD be forcing you to use it, one way or the other.

It's not stupid who asks for money, but the one who pays.

There clearly is enough people around who will willingly pay large sums of money to get mounts which should have been available ingame to begin with, so why not ask a ridicilous price for them?
    Why exactly should they have "been available ingame to begin with"? Lets put it this way: They don't create any of these mounts... you pay your monthly fee. They decide to create these mounts and you pay the same fee...... What is the incentive to create anything past what you have already paid for? While I would agree that the prices are a little high - It's still cheaper than a night out drinking - and that only lasts one night!

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they should include a month free when you purchase a mount. :P
    That's not a bad idea at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamza View Post
    Skyscreamer. Just last patch.