Poll: How Many Would You Purchase?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

If Paid Level 90s Come to Western Markets...

... How many boosts would you buy?

As a bonus question, what kinds of things would you like to see on these boosted characters in terms of primary professions, secondary professions, gear, glyphs, or other?

----

Personally, I'd go for two boosted characters - a mage and either a rogue or a third druid. I really hate leveling. As for the extras, I'd like to see a set of dungeon-ready gear (average ilvl of 450), no primary or secondary professions, and no glyphs. I'd like to see that they have gear for all available specs (four, in terms of the Druid).

===========EDIT==============

For those of you who wish to vote "zero" and don't want to take the time to read the other posts, I addressed why there isn't a "zero" option on page two (http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post24819051). For those who don't wish to click the link because that's difficult:

Quote Originally Posted by bclumas View Post
    For those saying none, I don't know why my "0" option didn't show up, but I surely DID put that option in there knowing there would be people not wishing to purchase the level 90. This was not meant to be a biased poll by any means.
    Last edited by bclumas; 2014-01-17 at 11:00 AM.

None I have everything on max or close to it and for everything else I have a buddy.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2014-01-17 at 05:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    2 off the top of my head. I'd like my favorite class on the opposite faction (shaman) and one for a class I don't have, which would be a monk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably none but who knows. I've done server changes, faction changes, got the Raf mounts, so idk. Never say never I guess.

Aside from being able to buy a level 90 in shitty greens, it shouldn't come with anything else. Not even gold. You need to level all the profs yourself, obtain the glyphs, gear, etc.

As for your dungeon ready gear comment. No. Just plain no. Suck it up and go in with greens, quest to obtain better gear, or buy gear off the AH. That simple.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Honestly, it depends how much they cost.

If it's going to be $25+ for a boost, then maybe 2-3. I'll vote 3 just as a low estimation...

As for what else they would have... I would be happy enough with nothing else. Maybe treat it the same as the Death Knight, put some decently sized bags on the character, and have some intro quests that gain you some gold and greens.

I think it would depend on the price. I have 10 or 11 90s atm and most likely will level up 2 more before WoD hits. With my 2 free boosts, I don't know. Why do I need 15+ level 90s? Only reason I can think of is if there is a really awesome item for tradeskills that needs a lot of daily cooldowns and the cooldowns are like living steel and not BoP, I might go for more tradeskill alts? But having 3 of most tradeskills already, I really really hate leveling them up!

Okay I thought of a reason: if in WoD there is a FOTM class that I don't currently have (monk/mage) that is sooo OP I might buy one just to see what all the fuss is about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    Aside from being able to buy a level 90 in shitty greens, it shouldn't come with anything else. Not even gold. You need to level all the profs yourself, obtain the glyphs, gear, etc.

As for your dungeon ready gear comment. No. Just plain no. Suck it up and go in with greens, quest to obtain better gear, or buy gear off the AH. That simple.
    It will most likely be like the Scroll of Res 80s that came with basic gear, bags and flying speed already to go...of maybe that will be the "free" one and the boost will be nothing but a boost, not even free gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post

Heh, that's funny and slightly irate for absolutely no reason. You do realize that quest greens at level 89 in Dread Wastes are 437 item level, and about two or three quests reward 450 item level blue items, right? God forbid we stock every player up with a successful level of gear to do reasonable damage/healing/mitigation in early level dungeons. You do realize that at this level they're not even eligible for an LFR queue, right? Sorry that my suggestion for a low item level (120 points away from current heroic raiding item level players) caused you so much grief.

I would be willing to buy, but I have no idea how many. It would be very situational. I would imagine that the gear would be around ilvl 500 greens, which would probably be fine for questing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have 10 90s and 1 70, all a different class. I won't be using my "free" 90 until a new class, or possibly a new race comes out
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by bclumas View Post
    Heh, that's funny and slightly irate for absolutely no reason. You do realize that quest greens at level 89 in Dread Wastes are 437 item level, and about two or three quests reward 450 item level blue items, right? God forbid we stock every player up with a successful level of gear to do reasonable damage/healing/mitigation in early level dungeons. You do realize that at this level they're not even eligible for an LFR queue, right? Sorry that my suggestion for a low item level (120 points away from current heroic raiding item level players) caused you so much grief.
    Not irate at all actually. Just sorta the way I came across because of the verbage i used. It's actually how i talk IRL.

And no. There was no grief. Just my personal opinion.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

It honestly depends on the price.
    I have 8 90s, and the 3 that aren't are 88-89, however if the price is less than the cost of a server transfer, I'd buy 2 (Hunter, Shaman)

I pay to play, not pay to pay to play. You should be able to grant your character 30 levels by choice IF you choose to do so after reaching level 60. People should at least try and learn before insta-failing @ endgame.

Well my plan is to have 22 toons, one of each class on both factions.

I currently have 21 so once I get the free one in WoD I'll be done. So probably none. Unless they make a new class/race, but I'd probably want to actually level them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Got every class at 85 or above already so I won't be buying any, if I didn't I doubt I would have honestly bought any but the free one included in the expansion.

Up to 3, unless it's less expensive to server transfer an 85, since I have 6 of those sitting doing nothing on a server I used to play on.

Insta level 90 panda monk? Yes please.

Insta level 90 Worgen? Yes please.

Insta level 90 Horde somethingorother? Yes please.
    In the battle between good and evil, evil has more fun.

I'll finally get that rogue that I can't get myself to level past 30 up to 90.

Other than that, I won't need to buy any more.

Off the top of my head, right now, 2. I've two languishing alts, a Pally and a Monk. Neglected because the threat of Northrend looms (mind you, they're not even 60 yet, but knowing it's there is enough to have me looking away). Other low level alts I'll probably wind up leveling through alternative means - Battle Pets or Archaeology.
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

i wouldn't buy any. i'd like to see a "0" option in the poll.

I want to say 2 mainly because I want to start leveling classes on the Alliance side, but I hate lv 1-60 ~:|. Two will at least let me start playing with my Alliance friends ~ [Tank/Heal combo].