Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Embarrassing: MMO-Champ Readers' Favorite BG is Alterac Valley

Favorite battleground poll: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...weets-FCM-Poll

So it seems our favorite BG is a skill-less PvE zergfest.

It's not even really PvP. Unlike, say, Arathi Basin or Twin Peaks, there's no skill involved in Alterac Valley. It's not about who uses their class abilities better. It's about who spams their AoE hardest. Personal skill is mostly irrelevant. And the objective of this favorite BG? Kill a PvE boss.

This is an utter embarrassment.

We should all hang our heads in shame at the results of this poll.
    Last edited by paralleluniverse; 2014-01-16 at 02:34 PM.

I think people who voted AV aren't really playing it, they just remember back in the days where it was so much fun.
    Personally, I think WSG is still my favorite. It's so simple that the matches aren't fucked up by clueless randoms.
    For people who do premades, I'm sure they like more complex battlegrounds where they can take advantage of being organized.
    Mother pus bucket!

I will do no head-hanging as I would never vote for such garbage. I don't care if my faction wins it all day. Any BG where the best strategy is to avoid PvP is fundamentally flawed.

Then on top of that, it's a massive disruption to queues. Try queuing a lowbie character in the middle of the night. Once AV is internally selected as the BG to fill, say goodnight--never gonna happen.

They should turn it into some kind of raid scenario(that might be a neat idea now that I think about it...) or separate it out like WG/TB(along with IoC *Shudder*). Tada, everyone is happy.

Deleted
    People who voted AV most likely had the old AV matches in their mind.

On a side not, I did over 30 AV matches the last 2 days on my Horde alts and I won only 4 :P

Deleted
    The old AV was the best BG in the game..the new one one of the worst. Maybe the poll should have specified old/current AV so it would be more accurate :P

I voted WSG because I took the poll at face value and voted for the BG I currently like the most, even though I always liked WSG. I did say in vote post that if we were talking about any BG at anytime then my vote would be BC AV.
    World of Warcraft: Level 60 Blood Elf Holy Paladin

Tbh AV is still pretty damn awesome when it's not a zergfest (yes, that happens rarely but still).

Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    Favorite battleground poll: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...weets-FCM-Poll

It's not even really PvP. Unlike, say, Arathi Basin or Twin Peaks, there's no skill involved in Alterac Valley. It's not about who uses their class abilities better. It's about who spams their AoE hardest. Personal skill is mostly irrelevant. And the objective of this favorite BG? Kill a PvE boss.

Obvious horde is obvious. Go cry in one of your pig-pens.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    People who voted AV most likely had the old AV matches in their mind.

On a side not, I did over 30 AV matches the last 2 days on my Horde alts and I won only 4 :P
    How the hell did you win so many? You guys must have been cheating lol

Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post

No, clearly you are the minority here, or we would have another poll result. So in the end for the majority it is embarrassing what you like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if it was only a PvE-zergfest, it would just show that mmo visitors aren't very huge fans of the more PvP-oriented BGs. Mmo is a place where you see a disproportionally high number of (heroic) raiders, after all, as we've witnessed in many polls. And those polls are about as representative as the current BG one is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Pfew..it is all at how you look at statistics.

A - 39% voted it as favorite, which means for 61% it is NOT the favorite.

B - barely 4000 voted it as favorite, this site has almost 400 000 members. So..1% call it their favorite
    Oh look, one of those people. You wouldn't have made this post if your fav bg was leading so get the f out.

Same goes for every idiot claiming it's nostalgia peeps who vote for it. It doesn't matter what reason take for the vote, the result is what matters.

15+ Year Old Account
    AV is really bad now. It's a mindless zerg with pretty much zero entertainment value or skill involved.
    To be honest it was a mindless zerg even back in 2006, but then it wasn't so embarrasing
    Last edited by Zka; 2014-01-16 at 02:56 PM.

I'm all about capture the flag bgs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anger78 View Post
    How the hell did you win so many? You guys must have been cheating lol
    Haha you would think so, right :P ?

My guess was that at that point the Alliance had more bots and afk'ers than we did...

all that tells me is that 39% of the people that answered the polls are alliance players who dont really like pvp, just want fast easy honor for whatever reason.

It's not hard to make av into a pvp battle.
    Say you go field of strife for the fun of it, if you're not teaming up with 4 pvp firends, and be one of the first out of the door, so people can see you. Tend to make several others follow you. That way you disrupt their start, and kill enough to make the 2-3 odd guys in defense being able to kill those trying for towers, off.
    Even if you die you will often have delayed their tower capping.
    Now those that died will meet the rest of the horde on their way back, and there will usually not be enough down in the base to kill people off. Gives some great battles where you have to push either side back to their base, but not much honor for the work.

Anyway. I voted silvershard mines as favorite, since it's fast paced and always pvp.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Deleted
    mmo champ is pve players central
    aj is for if you want pvp players

It was my favorite back when it was 3 day + battles - now it's my favorite for a different reason - at 1.5 million + exp for a win it's a VERY easy way to level alts since I have absolutely zero desire to go through MOP quests yet again. Since I don't do premades anymore - generally 10 man BG's are a complete waste of time, since if you don't premade now you generally won't be winning much (case - 37 Kotu's just to get ONE win for the stupid cloak quest)

10+ Year Old Account
    The poll results are surprising from Horde player PoV, but not that much from Alliance players' PoV.

We all know that AV strongly favors Alliance, unless Horde plays defensively which doesn't really characterize Horde in most cases Hence the number of victories in AV for many players who have mostly Horde toons, is usually negative. I for example always have AV and IoC disabled on all Horde toons.