Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    1. Queue for AV
    2. Reach the nearest tower, tab out to read or watch something
    3. Collect honor

Fuck yeah AV. Eat a dick mindless honor grind

This should be obvious---Most Alliance will pick AV; Horde vote is split between AB and WSG. AV is like Fox News--pretty much the only thing watched by the right, while the left goes to multiple sources. Then people somehow infer from this AV/Fox is the best, when it really means the other group has more varied tastes.

I hate AV. Although I have unblacklisted it because I just couldnt stand another SOTA anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    Favorite battleground poll: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...weets-FCM-Poll

So it seems our favorite BG is a skill-less PvE zergfest.

It's not even really PvP. Unlike, say, Arathi Basin or Twin Peaks, there's no skill involved in Alterac Valley. It's not about who uses their class abilities better. It's about who spams their AoE hardest. Personal skill is mostly irrelevant. And the objective of this favorite BG? Kill a PvE boss.

This is an utter embarrassment.

We should all hang our heads in shame at the results of this poll.
    Calm down. People prefer AV for what it WAS not what it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    temple of kotmogu master BG <3

Yeah, a couple of posts have got it right.

Firstly, MMO-Champion attracts a lot more PvErs than it does PvPers, so straight off the bat it might not be as 'accurate' as it should be - as I imagine a lot of people who voted haven't done more than a handful of BGs. I remember reading a 'favourite BG' poll on MMO a couple years ago in the PvP subforum and AB and WSG were both higher than AV.

Secondly, I know so many people whose favourite BG was the old-style AV, and where that wasn't an option in the poll I assume people who loved the old AV still voted for AV, for what it was, not what it is now.

Either way, it's all opinion and there is absolutely nothing wrong with liking AV.

I have AV permanently downrated in queue. Along with IoC. Of course, you already know I am Horde.

Both AV and IoC are broken. Alliance has a huge advanced due to the assimetrical nature, if Horde is not on top of their game it is nearly a free win for Alliance.

Anyway, I do believe people who voted for AV remember the old-time BG, and not the current one. I didn't play it, but hearing the stories it must have been amazing indeed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course it is. It is a free win for Alliance. I just moved an alt over to Alliance, and you win almost every single time. It is so rigged that there are so many Alliance Q'ing it and Horde Blacklisting it that it takes what is normally a sub 10s Q and makes it 20min during Call to Arms!

So it wouldn't surprise me if almost every Alliance player choose AV, while Horde players choose various BGs, giving it the clear victory.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Calm down. People prefer AV for what it WAS not what it is.
    I'd bet those votes were from Alliance players liking winning at least 9/10 games which only take 10min and don't discriminate against you for bad gear.

Hell it will probably be my favorite BG when I get my new Alliance Lock to 90 and need to honor cap him. When its not Call to Arms the queue is sub 2min, and you get about 200 honor a win without the bonus, you win almost every game, and they take about 10min on Average. The honor/hour is far superior to every other option for a no gear fresh character.
    Last edited by Korgoth; 2014-01-17 at 07:51 PM.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post
    I have AV permanently downrated in queue. Along with IoC. Of course, you already know I am Horde.

Both AV and IoC are broken. Alliance has a huge advanced due to the assimetrical nature, if Horde is not on top of their game it is nearly a free win for Alliance.

Anyway, I do believe people who voted for AV remember the old-time BG, and not the current one. I didn't play it, but hearing the stories it must have been amazing indeed.
    I have them blacklisted too but I'm Alliance, I don't usually pvp but when I do I prefer Arathi Basin or Warsong Gulch I don't want pve in my pvp, and I don't want pvp in my pve ( burn in hell faction champios from ToC and bg quest for the legendary cloack)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

10+ Year Old Account
    I like av and isle f conquest... I don't like wsg and twin peaks as a healer i tend to be targeted first, with small bgs this is just painful so with bgs like av and isle of conquest i can actually heal :P

It's quite fun if you make it fun. I always bring my friend and ask for ~5 others to help defend Stoneheart at the start, when we succeeded that we take back icewing. Not allowing them to capture those 2 bases results in a win 90% of the time and it's quite action packed as well considering there's a lot of horde around that area usually.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't matter what the map is because if it's random BGs I'm more than likely going to be that one asshole sitting in mid grinding out killing blows.
    A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.-George Bernard Shaw

AB all day. Then WSG. Then whatever else might pop up.

Dunno why I love AB so much. I'm just hooked and always have been.

Favorite battleground poll: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...weets-FCM-Poll

It's not even really PvP. Unlike, say, Arathi Basin or Twin Peaks, there's no skill involved in Alterac Valley. It's not about who uses their class abilities better. It's about who spams their AoE hardest. Personal skill is mostly irrelevant. And the objective of this favorite BG? Kill a PvE boss.

It must be tough being Horde, having a whole 2 BGs you don't have 75%+ winrate in. I totally feel you.

It's not like ANY BGs are fun anymore, but AV used to be pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post
    I think I have both of them too (Haven't done BGs in a patch or two), and I'm Alliance :P
    I just don't like how much waiting there can be in AV at points. I voted Temple

Im enjoying AV as alliance because its fun, the randomness is pretty cool sometime in this BG.

Yeah how dare people have different opinions!

I loved old AV; coming into one that had been going for over 24 hours, people summoning the bat riders, druids, Lokholar ("BUFF LOK!!!!!")...Blizzard should be ashamed of what they have let such an epic bg become :P

10+ Year Old Account

implying surveys/polls are actually reliable information. Only certain people actually give a shit about those, only certain people will actually answer those which you can clearly see by the amount of people who answered it