Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do you choose Paralytic Poison due to mind numbing nerf? PVP

Well since Mind Numbing poison got nerfed to only 10% do you think paralytic poison is more worth it than prey of the weak for subtlety?

I've always taken PP for PVP so no difference to me :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I prob won't use it anymore. Especially since healers know that they can cast a instant cast to drop it. If they fixed that then it might be worth it. And 10% is not that great. More damage will be better than a split second casting delay.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

Probably the stupidest change. Why not just remove it now? 10% is NOTHING. NOTHING!!!

Never used to use PP, always hated being on the other side of the derpy random stun, but there's not much else to take now... Besides Crip since I swear the set bonus just doesn't work properly

10+ Year Old Account
    I never have and never will take PP for PvE or PvP,it takes 2 long to ramp up and the stun isnt worth the short duration it lasts for,plus many people just cloak it or trinket out of it,im full grievous atm and have about 150 wins in 3v3 this season and just recently unlocked the 27k achievement that lets you buy conquest greivous gear for honor points so im no expert but i am a rogue since 2006 so i do know alot about the class,also for pvp im combat and sub because if you can survive my Killing Spree and Shadow Blades + Adrenaline Rush combo then hats off to you but many havent :P

Always used paralytic poison in PvP so the change to mind numbing doesn't really affects me (I rarely do arenas though, the change might be more annoying for people who do).
    "I win because I'm a ninja. I kill everybody else because they suck ass. To even play a rogue takes an enormous amount of skill beyond what noobs like you could even imagine." Kishkumen, World of Roguecraft 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne25uk View Post
    I never have and never will take PP for PvE or PvP,it takes 2 long to ramp up and the stun isnt worth the short duration it lasts for,plus many people just cloak it or trinket out of it
    For a random stun, isn't this the second biggest bonus you could ask for (the best being that they die)? It doesn't share DR with intentional stuns, and if someone's been forced to trinket off a stun you weren't prepped to make use of... they can't pop the next CC you throw at them.

The problem is, mind numbing poison needs a massive buff. The nerf was to all of these abilities, but they offer very different powers. DKs aren't saying "well I guess I won't necrotic strike". The ability was attached to them for no real reason- it is there for flavor and to be powerful in an interesting way.

So if the most haste reduction the game can field is 10% (and I think it should be healing and magic magnitude reduction, much like the physical damage reduction is), then fine- but mind numbing needs to bring other things entirely now. Our cost to apply the fucking poison didn't change because someone decided 20% snare was too disruptive to good pvp, so the move needs more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even though mind-numbing got nerfed, its still the only poison to use. Taking away prey on the weak for PP is not a good idea. Prey on the weak is just too good. Basically all of your damage gets increased by 10% on your cooldowns (which are used during stuns). Also keep in mind it works for everyone else as well... your teammate in arena will benefit from prey on the weak. Combine that with tricks of the trade they are doing 25% extra damage. That is a huge difference maker, can be the difference between the win and a loss.

Paralytic Procs can also be the difference between wins and losses- whole new stuns out of nowhere on a whole different DR, capable of interrupt spells, heals, or just flat out peeling warriors, who are otherwise so hard to turn off even for a second.

Prey is excellent of course- it's the default talent for good reason. But Paralytic isn't without merit.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Never used to use PP, always hated being on the other side of the derpy random stun, but there's not much else to take now... Besides Crip since I swear the set bonus just doesn't work properly
    Ya I find that it hardly ever procs... annoying as hell!

Paralytic poison is awesome though. It seems to happen all the time AND happen at really awesome moments. Also, running combat for arena I feel like killing spree stacks up the poisons even faster. I'll get a cheap shot on a healer, pop killing spree, PP will fire off right when CS wears off and then once that wears off drop a KS for a long ass stun period.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just like Prey so much more.
    Also paralytic against Monk Healers? Could just ram my head into the keyboard..

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    I just like Prey so much more.
    Also paralytic against Monk Healers? Could just ram my head into the keyboard..
    I actually really like para against them. It is, I find, the best way if you are actually trying to kill one.

The stupid phase out thing has an ICD. The moment it ends, you put up a full non-DRed kidney. They will have to respond to kidney, while normally they just laugh it off.

Thanks for the replies guys! I've come to the conclusion that prey on the weak will still be the most used talent however paralytic poison has become less situational than it was before (still situational though). I would only pick up paralytic poison for melee cleaves however it does feel like a nerf to us because 10% is pretty useless... I really hope they do buff it some how, maybe spells do 5% less damage for x ammount of seconds? Who knows :/

so the back and forth nerfing of healing reduction effects continues who would have thought of that >_> every expansion the same old same old
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Ive always took Dirty Tricks, basically having a second kick and you can't imagine how many people panic and pop trinket on a 4 sec gouge.... with that being said though any talent in that tier works just based on your play style or what your group needs out of you. Is the shiv % changing as well? I havn't seen anything on that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kael View Post
    For a random stun, isn't this the second biggest bonus you could ask for (the best being that they die)? It doesn't share DR with intentional stuns, and if someone's been forced to trinket off a stun you weren't prepped to make use of... they can't pop the next CC you throw at them.
    But my point is the stun is such a low number like 2-3 seconds that its barely worth it at all,id rather take the constant 10% than a shitty cc that maybe or may not get removed by a defensive or purge effect...

I guess it really depends what you do, I really like PP in random BGs since you don't really need the extra 10% to kill a target as opposed to arenas where targets will most of the time have the support of a healer.

Verain has a very good point though, the impact for rogues is much bigger than for the other classes that have seen only 1 of their spells been affected.
    "I win because I'm a ninja. I kill everybody else because they suck ass. To even play a rogue takes an enormous amount of skill beyond what noobs like you could even imagine." Kishkumen, World of Roguecraft 2.

I take Dirty Tricks for that tier. A free Gouge that doesn't break from poison or bleed effects is extremely strong.

With Subterfuge: Garrote > Mutilate > Cheap Shot > Auto Attack/Use Blindside Proc(s) for the duration of Cheap Shot > Gouge > regen energy during Gouge > Kidney Shot > Blow them up.

Also, Gouge is basically a 2nd Kick.
    Last edited by muto; 2014-02-03 at 10:18 PM.