Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    I miss weapons being unique and varying. Being able to loot a dagger and seeing it increase agility by 20 and also has a chance of procing a frost spell attack that hit's for 50 frost damage. Picking up boots that increase stealth's effectiveness by 5 levels and agility plus hit by 20 points. Or a necklace that inflicts 200 damage if the wearer is hit and increases intellect by 90. Can't forget about weapon oils either. Just fun stuff like that. Now its all just primary stats and secondary stats that are increased. Nothing else. It's simply boring now.

I miss procs in general. Even with talents. Passive procs. Out of know where bust out amazing burst damage.

Leveling rewards. Every level gained you something... Either a new talent or ability. Now you can go a level or two and not get a single thing.. It's just another level. Now with the talks of planned service to pay for instant level 90 alts just makes leveling completely unfulfilling.

Traveling. You had to travel everywhere. New level? New ability. Have to take a break and travel back to a capital city and see a trainer. Want to que for a battleground? Have to go see a battleground master. Que for arena? Same thing. Yes, its nice to be able to que from anywhere... But I wish they would make it that you can actually leave a city to do stuff... And not just sit in a city and teleport everywhere.

Unique classes and specs. I see a lot of people bringing this up and honestly it's something that needs to come back. I use to play a shaman and loved being the class that brought bloodlust. Then they gave it to mages... And oh do I miss the totem buffs... It was so awesome having a totem circle around you. I also played a paladin and loved being the class that brought the aura buffs. Now everyone and the kitchen sink has them. Keep class damage balanced and bring back unique classes and specs.

Class upkeep and maintenance. This ties in with uniqueness. Hunters needing arrows, mages needing dust and runes, paladins needing blessings, and rogues needing to buy their poison. This added a immersion factor to the game and made the class feel like the class. Hunters shoot bullets and arrows, and need a supply of them. Rogues need poison and need a variety of them. Mages are wizards and need dust and runes to cast certain spells. Now everything just magically appears, even for non magical classes like rogues and warriors.

Dark nights. How the hell did they screw that up?

Level appropriate guards for the zones. I miss level 40 zones having level 40 guards. Not somehow magically spawning level 90 elite guards. I don't even mean this from a gankers point of view. I mean this as flying my level 40 friend around and them getting killed by a level 90 elite guard that spawned over a level 30 city.

One cool thing that WoW really never had would be hybird enchants. They make some cool ones like increase damage to undead or elements, but they're worthless because thats all they do. It would be nice if they merge those in with worthwhile enchants. Like increase your agility or strength by 1500 and increase damage dealt to undead by 15%.
    Last edited by muffinss; 2014-01-22 at 07:01 PM.

Sense of adventure
    No flying in Azeroth.
    tight communities and structure ( old server had "learning" guilds, that had their own raid group, who would sub in for new players to learn, then pretty much sent you off to other guilds )
    A sense of achievement.
    Better raids, lore wise.
    Lore that made sense and felt natural and not forced.
    Epic loot was epic.
    Legendary was Legendary.
    Quests felt epic.
    Old talent system
    Class quests

Nothing

MoP best xpac ever!

No.

Wotlk > BC > mop > Cata

Exclusivity. When having raid gear was a big deal.

EDIT: And the old talent system. I'd rather have a bunch of small rewards each level than one every 15th.

15+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I really miss is my old sense of wonder which came from experiencing the game for the first time...

Maybe the community, but I don't really interact with people any more or less than I used to and I've got a good, family friendly guild no, and it could be just as caustic back in Classic. If anything, people were a bit better behaved in dungeons, just because it was such a fucking hassle to put a group together.

Before CRZ, I'd have said the sense of having other people out in the world, but these days I see plenty of other people when I'm playing alts.

I miss:
    Old talent trees
    Old AV
    No-flying mounts
    Weather effects, they are really rare atm

I'm happy with pretty much everything else in wow ATM, tho would like to see new content released faster.
    My 2 cents
    Last edited by hornedmordor; 2014-01-23 at 10:15 AM.

The time I wasted playing it

My biggest missed thing is classes actually receiving big amounts of changes if they're needed. Especially in the patch 1.6 to 2.4 area, classes could get 30 changes in a patch if they needed it for either nerfs or buffs.

Now it's a few changes at best with the same "Too much change, people are too dumb to relearn, needs to wait 1-2 years for the next expansion before we can make these changes" excuse slapped on.

a game that wasnt focused of giving every1 a piece of the cake and keep things equally balanced for all and every thing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Better community
    I met just as many people flaming as i do now

Darker nights
    wow thats just terrible

No LFR
    You miss there being less content? hmm thats odd

No LFD
    Do you play hardcore pen and paper roleplaying games? If not i call bs. Noone misses the time where you had to spend 45 minutes - 2 hours garthering a group and then just as long waiting for them to get there.

Classes that had uniqueness to them.
    I bet you miss standing still for an entire fight casting nothing but fireballs or shadowbolts right? That felt really unique to me aswell.

What i miss about vanilla was that there where not 100 of these silly posts made every day by and for people with amnesia who cant remember what it was really like

Darker Nights.

I'd say every other change is an improvement.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

class quests and racial priest spells.

I mostly miss the immersion the game used to have. And a lot of that could be re-added to the game without destroying what WoW has built since classic in terms of accessibility. Nobody wants classic back, many do wish the evolved WoW would have evolved into something else than it did. Here is my list of how to make the game better again:

- Add new functionality to the Dungeon Finder where you can list yourself and your group for group play, where you can find other players and form a party before joining a dungeon. (Was something like this being added in WoD?).
    - Give incentive to join dungeons as a full 5-man party, using the functionality above or just grouping with friends or guildmates, in the form of more powerful rewards for completing a dungeon compared to the reward you get when doing a random dungeon. The insentive/reward should be strong enough to make sure that this is the prefered and primary way of doing dungeons.
    - Give the same incentive as for the above when joining the current random dungeon queue if you take a role that is lacking, e.g. if you play as a Tank and Healer (applicable most of the time) when doing random you get as strong a reward as when you go through the extra effort of assembling a pre-made group. (To help ensure that the random queue doesn't die out, and also give incentive to people to try out tanking and healing to easily get access to the same strong reward as when doing a pre-made run).
    - Make dungeons harder across the board, not only at max level but while leveling as well. Currently when leveling up with my alt we can generally just AoE our way through the dungeons, pulling multiple packs at once. Bring back the need of co-ordination and team-work using crowd control and make the mobs hit harder so the healer has something to do, right now healing in these scenarios are a walk in the park. Also, harder hitting mobs will mean that damage dealers can't simply run the show as they want, rather they need to watch their threat, not just win the damage meter by doing the best AoE. (Remember, this doesn't have to mean leveling through dungeons will take more time, just increase the amount of XP gained for killing each mob - meaning you will spend more time doing a dungeon, but it will grant more XP - rather than have it just be a 15 minute AoE walk in the park as they are right now). On max level dungeons will of course take more time again, but this is good. Too much of a grind today.

Furthermore, in addition to improving the immersion and the community by doing the above this should be done as well, although this might be controversial as it is not only adding to the game but actually removing something else well, but I really believe it should be done:

- Instead of spending time tuning a raid for LFR, which is, like dungeons, just another grind with little need of careful though, consideration or coordination - spend time on tuning the raid as a 5-man, splitting it up like they currently split it up as LFR. As such, re-introduce 5-mans as the core of casual co-operative PvE gameplay. With the changes above this will mean that the grind will be gone, you can play with friends, and it won't just be a numbers game of who has the best AoE dps, but rather you'll have to tread lightly, watch you threat, CC packs, work as a healer, stay on your toes as a tank. This tuning will also be much more worth it in time spent doing it, because of the following:
    - Add dungeon scaling to the game. This means scaling All 5-man dungeons (and all raids re-done as multiple 5-man dungeons) to max level. Give all 5-man heroic dungeons shared loot, with random loot scattered all over the place, with loot from the latest tier of content (so that people don't just end up playing only the latest 5-man released).
    - Given the above information, with only 2 raid modes again, rename Mythic Heroic, and Heroic Normal.

And also, in the outside leveling world, which nowadays is much more of a single-player game (although the cross-realm functionality was a superb addition to increasing immersion while leveling, filling the world with life again), do this:
    - Add level scaling to the game, like Rift has. Make it so that if you enable PvP, you automatically scale down - aka it's not optional, you are forcibly scaled down. If you do not have PvP enabled, make it an optional thing you actively have to do by right-clicking your portrait and choosing to scale down. Make it so that if you are "grey" relartive to the zone you are in, you can choose to not be PvP enabled in contested zones (speaking PvP realms here) - meaning you will remain at your high level but will not be able to attack others, and others won't be able to attack you. If you are "green", "yellow", "orange", or "red" in a constested zone you will, as it always was, be automatically flagged for PvP - and, by extension, you will automatically scale down to the specific level of the area of the zone you are in. This will end high-level gankeing, and revitalize world PvP as a part of the leveling process (Without risking being endlessly ganked by an avenging main character). Of course high levels will have more spells and epic gear, so in 1-1 they will probobly beat your leveling toon. But you will be able to fight back, and with just one friend to help you will will likely win providing you are as good a player or better than your opponent.
    - Re-add much more Group Quests, which they largely removed from the world.
    - Add to the existing array of things to do for casuals players at max level, adding to dungeons, scenarios and dailies by adding "Adventure" as a new way to gain rewards. Though the Adventure Finder you will be able to join adventures. As a max level standing around in Orgrimmar, you sign up for a random adventure, the queue pops and you click enter. What happens is that you are teleported to a Group Quest in Stranglethorn Vale (for example), you are automatically down-scaled to level 38 and you automatically join the group. As it happens, the other 7 guys in the group are already halfway through the adventure. You simply join in. Not all of the people in the group are downscaled max levels playing this as part of the Adventure feature. 2 of them are actually a level 36 and a level 37 currently leveling. For them this is doing a Group Quest. Any leveling character can join in the group quest by simply going to the area (non-repeatable).
    - The above two re-adds the co-operative aspect with Group Quests while leveling to the game, while erasing the problem of finding people to do them with, and also adding something new to the roster of things to do at max level, when you're bored of your dailies, scenarios or even dungeons as a PvE casual.

Wow... I did not set out to write such a long post. Oh well, shit happens. :P

Deleted
    Talent trees
    Darker nights
    My guild ;_;

Hybrid speccs
    Day/Night rotation
    Everything took longer, thus feeling more rewarding when you finally finished.
    the 'newbie' feel.
    Class quests at 60.
    I like my coffe like my mages.

Everything really.

Some quality off life improvements would suck to not have, but for the most part I would be fine.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO