15+ Year Old Account

Need help with stats

Can someone help me out and tell me what I should be reforging/gemming for, I think Im at the haste soft cap and I just got 2 pieces of gear and I dont want to waste gold gemming incorrectly. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kitchen/simple

Deleted
    Hello Gutnbrg.

I've made a step-by-step 'list' of what I would do in your place.

Head - Expertise/Intellect + Haste
    Chest - Expertise/Intellect + Haste x3
    Bracer - 180 Intellect
    Waist - Intellect + Haste x2 + Belt Buckle + Haste
    Boots - Intellect + Haste
    Ring 1 - Intellect + Haste
    Ring 2 - Haste

Download the AddOn called 'ReforgeLite' (Don't worry, it's fairly easy to use and doesn't take away any of your hardware capacity in any way), you can get it at Curse, WoWInterface or WoWMatrix, either through their website or through one of the clients that they offer, a google search should give you everything you need with what provided above.

Then google shadow breakpoint caps and hit the link from How To Priest (It's the online utopia for Priests), where you may then seize to figure out which hastebreakpoint you can obtain. I would recommend going for the 10124 breakpoint (Remember to apply Shadowform before reforging).
    After Haste, you want to be going for Mastery, to make the best use of your 2-set Tier bonus. Basically, Shadowy Recall is our Mastery, it allows a certain per centage chance for our dots to tick on proc (Think of it as Terragosa or the Shaman Mastery alike), now wether it is better to go crit secondarily to increase the chance of them critting, or going for the frequency of the procs, I do not know, I have honestly not gotten around to my personal research on this, but it seems that there is a sort of "mastery" or "crit" cap aswell, so we will be adding another cap to our reforge addon later, if that is the case, but until then, go with what your gut tells you or how you prefer to play, I personally went for Mastery, because I feel more comfortable relying on my performance to reapply my DoT's properly, over the chance of critical strikes.

Once you've downloaded and enabled the AddOn and you are in-game, you will find the menu to this AddOn appearing on its own when you enter the Reforge feature, then set your settings as they appear on the image I attached below (Hit the red erase sign on the left to the very one in the bottom, as it it a mistake of mine, it's not supossed to be there) and click 'Calculate' and then scroll down and hit 'Show'. This will bring up the menu you see to the very left on the image, hit 'Reforge' and it will automatically reforge for you.

You may also click 'Save' in the right top of the window to the right (the initial menu) to save this profile, under a name of your choosing. Personally, I rename my according to the breakpoint, so I don't have to look them up and redo my settings, incase I want to go back to a previous breakpoint for whatever reason. e.g Shadow 10124. I also do this for my Resto/Balance Druid and Mistweaver Monk, so I can always toy around with them without having to sort it out later again.

(I'm sorry, I'm new here at MMO and am not allowed to post pictures, so gonna edit and attach it once I can, but if you check the website where you download the AddOn, you will most likely be able to see a picture of the interface and figure it out from there.

Even though I have played my Shadow Priest for years, I am not saying that this is the 100% correct way to go, but it is what I believe it is.

Hope this is what you were hoping for.

/Shroom

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow Smitra you are amazing, I greatly appreciate the time you put into helping me. I am going to take your advice and start gearing/gemming appropriately. Im still kinda new to shadow priest but Im having fun. Thank you very much.

Should also be noted that ReforgeLite has presets in there as well for all specs and different haste break points

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brondo View Post
    Should also be noted that ReforgeLite has presets in there as well for all specs and different haste break points
    Preset settings can't be trusted! Good thumbrule. If you always doublecheck your own 'work', you can always be sure you're getting it done right.