Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
5
13
14
15
  1. #281
    Quote Originally Posted by Talonkaine View Post
    LoL yeah cause having a lot of toons puts me on a throne. Your ridiculous. Dude if everyone had your outlook on WoW the game would go under in a day. If i'm a snowflake than what is the term for someone with your outlook on the game. Someone who thinks everyone should be given every type of previous accomplishment with each new expansion. I'm sure in your opinion when WoD everyone should be given all the achivements, unlock all the content and zones, give access to all the hard to obtain gear, and why not throw in free or cheap level 90 characters because as you say... if it's from five gates of useless, nerfed and tedious content than everyone should have it right?

    Your obviously someone who hasn't worked for anything in his life. Trust fund baby much?
    I didn't put you on any throne you didn't put yourself on first. Like I said, those with SSS tend not to know they have it, so this response was totally expected, and typical. Putting words I didn't say in my mouth, making assumptions based on that, etc.

    It's sad that you're so sure that's my opinion of what WoD should be like, because you're quite wrong. Frankly, I don't really care much about pre-current leveling/raiding content. The way Blizzard places more emphasis on current content than old content (which isn't a bad thing), it'd be nearly impossible to pull value from that old content, so why try? Just because I don't really care about old content doesn't mean that I think everyone should get everything that's ever been old. That's childish logic you're using.

    And finally, you resort to an attempt at personal insults, because you're so keen on who I am, apparently. If you're trying to prove you don't have Special Snowflake Syndrome, you're not doing a good job.

  2. #282
    Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    I didn't put you on any throne you didn't put yourself on first. Like I said, those with SSS tend not to know they have it, so this response was totally expected, and typical. Putting words I didn't say in my mouth, making assumptions based on that, etc.

    It's sad that you're so sure that's my opinion of what WoD should be like, because you're quite wrong. Frankly, I don't really care much about pre-current leveling/raiding content. The way Blizzard places more emphasis on current content than old content (which isn't a bad thing), it'd be nearly impossible to pull value from that old content, so why try? Just because I don't really care about old content doesn't mean that I think everyone should get everything that's ever been old. That's childish logic you're using.

    And finally, you resort to an attempt at personal insults, because you're so keen on who I am, apparently. If you're trying to prove you don't have Special Snowflake Syndrome, you're not doing a good job.
    This actually made me LoL. I could say so much, but it's just not worth it talking to someone like yourself on the forums. I'll be the mature one and let you have the last word so you can sleep well tonight.

  3. #283
    Stood in the Fire gurv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Darkspear stronghold
    Posts
    440
    It's funny to see to what lengths the Blizzdrones will go to excuse the inexcusable.
    I'm actually disappointed by Blizzard, they could rip so much more money from these fools, they're just not efficient.

  4. #284
    Quote Originally Posted by gurv View Post
    It's funny to see to what lengths the Blizzdrones will go to excuse the inexcusable.
    I'm actually disappointed by Blizzard, they could rip so much more money from these fools, they're just not efficient.
    It's even funnier to see substanceless posts like this try to respond to people who explain their positions by not responding at all and just dropping a couple of meaningless insults. Because nothing is funnier than irony.

  5. #285
    Quote Originally Posted by Adema1080 View Post
    Also people will easily learn their class from 90-100. It doesn't take long to learn class basics
    I don't agree. I helped someone get started that is not used to mmo's and it definitely is not easy for them. 10 levels will not be enough for them to learn the game.

  6. #286
    Was that supposed to be a witty comeback? I laughed a little, then just felt bad.

  7. #287
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinora View Post
    I don't agree. I helped someone get started that is not used to mmo's and it definitely is not easy for them. 10 levels will not be enough for them to learn the game.
    It will be easier for some people than it will be for others. And ten levels is plenty of time, especially with so many learning mechanics in place already. (Proving Grounds, Core Spells tab, Noxxic/Icy-Veins). If they can't learn the game and how to be competent from 90-100, they likely wouldn't have from 1-90, either. Even though more current leveling content like MoP is a vast improvement over past expansions' simple stand-and-kill leveling mob "mechanics", there's no dynamic shift between the way leveling content from level 1 works and the way content from level 90 works.

  8. #288
    Quote Originally Posted by MentalBrakedown View Post
    ya i know what your saying i have 12 90s myself but it is going increase the number of bad players
    As if the game didn't have enough already

  9. #289
    Please for the love of god dont let us able to buy max level characters..... even near max level characters is a no no. Buying characters at all is just EVIL. BREAKS THE ENTIRE POINT OF THE MMORPG.

  10. #290
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    This wouldn't be an issue if this was not an MMO game. But WoW is an MMO game where you play with other players. Or at the very least, YOU should be playing with other players. Such actions do in fact affect other players. Consider this, a new player sees the shiny button and skips leveling by rolling a warrior. Here are the results:

    - skipped leveling content, one less potential tank during leveling process, LFx for leveling content working sub optimally
    - skipped leveling content, one less potential tank who actually learned how to tank along the way, LFx systems dealing with sub peformance giving blizz even more reason to nerf LFx content to the ground.
    - skipped leveling content, the player literally ignore 90% of the entire game content. A new guy ignoring old content because its old does not make sense because he is new to the game and he didn't even saw it.

    If WoW was a single player game then none of those issues would be a problem. But WoW is not a single player game.
    All of your highlighted problems are reasons to make tanking easier, not reasons to do away with purchasable 90s.

    I'm a long time tank, and I can say that active mitigation model of tanking is amazingly fun, but it is also something that creates a very harsh environment for new tanks. If you don't do it right, you're incredibly squishy, but if you do it right you almost don't need healers. Unless you want to change that model it won't matter if the character leveled a tank or not, because active mitigation doesn't come into play in any significant way until later levels (80+).

    That said, the reality of the situation is that tanking is an important role, and that's the only difference between it and a DPS. If a tank doesn't know what to do, then it makes it harder for the group to progress. This is contrasted to DPS where most of the time the few people who are LFR try hards do more damage than the bottom 10 damage dealers, and it's irrelevant if a new player who chose a DPS role knows what to do. The solution to your highlighted points are to make tanking less important, which would alter the raiding model significantly.

    To sum all this up, if you want better tanks, start tanking. It doesn't matter if you start at level 1 or level 100, you won't learn how to do it right until you're practicing in actual raid content.

  11. #291
    The Patient gguga12's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Waiting for an alpha invite for heroes of the storm or warlords
    Posts
    318
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangplank View Post
    I get that. But those "big bads" weren't galactic threats like the WC3 ones. From a lore perspective, they pale in comparison. That's what I'm disappointed with. It's almost like we're going backwards in the context of lore difficulty. Each expansion introduces new villains that aren't quite as powerful (in lore) as the previous expansion.

    Kil'Jaeden > Arthas > Deathwing > Garrosh > younger Garrosh?
    Bitch please deathwing is more powerfull than arthas and Kil'Jaeden and garosh was using motherfucking old god power and lol thunder king was same power as arthas and grom lol grom killed a pit lord on ONE strike so yeah he can be a big bad

  12. #292
    Field Marshal Nydith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    92
    It dont bother me either. dont gonna use it...got 22x 90s :P

  13. #293
    The Patient gguga12's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Waiting for an alpha invite for heroes of the storm or warlords
    Posts
    318
    on thread dont bother at all free 90 gonna lvl a ally druid finally

  14. #294
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnte View Post
    What about if you get physical collector's edition.... no early 90 and such??!?
    Not sure if it was mentioned cause I didn't have to time to read all 15 pages yet. I work at best buy and when you preorder games with extra content in store, you have to provide an email address so they can email you a code to get the extra content. I would think that blizzard would do this so that the people that want the collector's edition aren't penalized for spending the most money or wanting a physical copy.

  15. #295
    There will still be physical standard editions right? I kinda like having all the wow stuff on my wall and not being able to get Warlords of Draenor would be kinda sad.

  16. #296
    Bloodsail Admiral Neliah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,110
    Quote Originally Posted by Adema1080 View Post
    Also people will easily learn their class from 90-100. It doesn't take long to learn class basics
    Funny, since you still see people at 90 that can't play their class

  17. #297
    Quote Originally Posted by Igzorn View Post
    from a business standpoint ......$YES$.
    No, there will only be one expansion out at a time. When WoD is released, MoP will be combined with the base package.

  18. #298
    " in the near future we’ll be testing out a feature that gives you the option to purchase a character upgrade directly"
    Erm... when it says character upgrade directly, that a continuation of level boosting to 90, or actually buying upgrades [gear-wise] ? o.O

  19. #299
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Erm... when it says character upgrade directly, that a continuation of level boosting to 90, or actually buying upgrades [gear-wise] ? o.O
    If you had read the blue post, you'd know that in context, of course it refers to the leveling boost.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •