Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinora View Post
    I don't agree. I helped someone get started that is not used to mmo's and it definitely is not easy for them. 10 levels will not be enough for them to learn the game.
    It will be easier for some people than it will be for others. And ten levels is plenty of time, especially with so many learning mechanics in place already. (Proving Grounds, Core Spells tab, Noxxic/Icy-Veins). If they can't learn the game and how to be competent from 90-100, they likely wouldn't have from 1-90, either. Even though more current leveling content like MoP is a vast improvement over past expansions' simple stand-and-kill leveling mob "mechanics", there's no dynamic shift between the way leveling content from level 1 works and the way content from level 90 works.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalBrakedown View Post
    ya i know what your saying i have 12 90s myself but it is going increase the number of bad players
    As if the game didn't have enough already

Please for the love of god dont let us able to buy max level characters..... even near max level characters is a no no. Buying characters at all is just EVIL. BREAKS THE ENTIRE POINT OF THE MMORPG.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    This wouldn't be an issue if this was not an MMO game. But WoW is an MMO game where you play with other players. Or at the very least, YOU should be playing with other players. Such actions do in fact affect other players. Consider this, a new player sees the shiny button and skips leveling by rolling a warrior. Here are the results:

- skipped leveling content, one less potential tank during leveling process, LFx for leveling content working sub optimally
    - skipped leveling content, one less potential tank who actually learned how to tank along the way, LFx systems dealing with sub peformance giving blizz even more reason to nerf LFx content to the ground.
    - skipped leveling content, the player literally ignore 90% of the entire game content. A new guy ignoring old content because its old does not make sense because he is new to the game and he didn't even saw it.

If WoW was a single player game then none of those issues would be a problem. But WoW is not a single player game.
    All of your highlighted problems are reasons to make tanking easier, not reasons to do away with purchasable 90s.

I'm a long time tank, and I can say that active mitigation model of tanking is amazingly fun, but it is also something that creates a very harsh environment for new tanks. If you don't do it right, you're incredibly squishy, but if you do it right you almost don't need healers. Unless you want to change that model it won't matter if the character leveled a tank or not, because active mitigation doesn't come into play in any significant way until later levels (80+).

That said, the reality of the situation is that tanking is an important role, and that's the only difference between it and a DPS. If a tank doesn't know what to do, then it makes it harder for the group to progress. This is contrasted to DPS where most of the time the few people who are LFR try hards do more damage than the bottom 10 damage dealers, and it's irrelevant if a new player who chose a DPS role knows what to do. The solution to your highlighted points are to make tanking less important, which would alter the raiding model significantly.

To sum all this up, if you want better tanks, start tanking. It doesn't matter if you start at level 1 or level 100, you won't learn how to do it right until you're practicing in actual raid content.

Quote Originally Posted by Gangplank View Post
    I get that. But those "big bads" weren't galactic threats like the WC3 ones. From a lore perspective, they pale in comparison. That's what I'm disappointed with. It's almost like we're going backwards in the context of lore difficulty. Each expansion introduces new villains that aren't quite as powerful (in lore) as the previous expansion.

Kil'Jaeden > Arthas > Deathwing > Garrosh > younger Garrosh?
    Bitch please deathwing is more powerfull than arthas and Kil'Jaeden and garosh was using motherfucking old god power and lol thunder king was same power as arthas and grom lol grom killed a pit lord on ONE strike so yeah he can be a big bad

Deleted
    It dont bother me either. dont gonna use it...got 22x 90s :P

on thread dont bother at all free 90 gonna lvl a ally druid finally

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnte View Post
    What about if you get physical collector's edition.... no early 90 and such??!?
    Not sure if it was mentioned cause I didn't have to time to read all 15 pages yet. I work at best buy and when you preorder games with extra content in store, you have to provide an email address so they can email you a code to get the extra content. I would think that blizzard would do this so that the people that want the collector's edition aren't penalized for spending the most money or wanting a physical copy.

There will still be physical standard editions right? I kinda like having all the wow stuff on my wall and not being able to get Warlords of Draenor would be kinda sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Adema1080 View Post
    Also people will easily learn their class from 90-100. It doesn't take long to learn class basics
    Funny, since you still see people at 90 that can't play their class

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Igzorn View Post
    from a business standpoint ......$YES$.
    No, there will only be one expansion out at a time. When WoD is released, MoP will be combined with the base package.

" in the near future we’ll be testing out a feature that gives you the option to purchase a character upgrade directly"
    Erm... when it says character upgrade directly, that a continuation of level boosting to 90, or actually buying upgrades [gear-wise] ? o.O

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Erm... when it says character upgrade directly, that a continuation of level boosting to 90, or actually buying upgrades [gear-wise] ? o.O
    If you had read the blue post, you'd know that in context, of course it refers to the leveling boost.