Read away to your heart's content

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/12426481

Interesting things you can pick up on?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What I gleaned:

1. No new info, have a snazzy rp post.

2. We're giving digital purchases the 90 upgrade right away

3. We will sell you a free 90 for real money.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    This is starting to get f....ng stupid now, ok I can live with the bloody shop but now buyable 90s? so someone who has more expendable cash than me can insta buy an almost max level character whilst I slave away leveling alts? because yes it is slaving nowadays as all old content is so dumbed down and boring I've done it over 20 times and I wouldn't be suprised if newbies quit because of it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    -snip-
    Well it is new info, it tells us of digital pre-release, that with the purchase of the pre-release you will receive a free level 90 character and tells us of a few rewards that will come with the Digital Collector's edition. If that's not new information that we didn't yet already know and it doesn't happen to be about WoD then I have no idea what I'm reading.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cark View Post
    Well it is new info, it tells us of digital pre-release, that with the purchase of the pre-release you will receive a free level 90 character and tells us of a few rewards that will come with the Digital Collector's edition. If that's not new information that we didn't yet already know and it doesn't happen to be about WoD then I have no idea what I'm reading.
    It's nothing substantial. No beta info, no progress on the character models, nothing new on Garrisons, PvP, Draenor. Just the free 90s, because apparently that's the big sell for this expansion. A free 90.

Deleted
    It's nothing substantial. No beta info, no progress on the character models, nothing new on Garrisons, PvP, Draenor. Just the free 90s, because apparently that's the big sell for this expansion. A free 90.
    But, it's still a piece of new information... about... Warlords of Draenor...

Quote Originally Posted by rrjstudio View Post
    This is starting to get f....ng stupid now, ok I can live with the bloody shop but now buyable 90s? so someone who has more expendable cash than me can insta buy an almost max level character whilst I slave away leveling alts?
    TBH it's no different from people buying leveling services back in Vanilla, except this is now an official way to do it. No different from people buying premade 60's/70's/80's back then either. Those people have always been around.

I think you just wanted to make a big thread for the sake of making a thread.

Not really, was on the front page 6 minutes before your post

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirino View Post
    I think you just wanted to make a big thread for the sake of making a thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Not really, was on the front page 6 minutes before your post
    Exactly. Unless you're one of those people (poster #3) who hate the idea of purchasable 90, this has no real importance. This whets none of our appetites like a real huge news dump would.

10+ Year Old Account
    "In addition, when you pre-purchase either digital version, we’re going to grant you your level-90 boost at the time of pre-purchase. That’s a little different from the plan we laid out at BlizzCon, but based on the feedback, it’s obvious that many of you would like the chance to get acquainted with a new class before heading into the expansion. This will also give more players the opportunity to experience the current end-game content and the events leading up to Garrosh’s exodus to Draenor. Maybe you’ll get your Legendary cloak from Wrathion and level 90–100 Heirloom weapon in the process."

That's new... and interesting

The free 90 before WoD will be nice.

While new info, I did expect this.

No mention at all of Annual Pass also caught my eye.

Deleted
    Someone else posted it, that's fine. I wasn't trying to make a big thread, just wanted to post it in a place that would be seen by people who wanted to see it. If the thread becomes redundant a mod will come along and remove it, which I'm sure they will. No need to be antsy, rude and aggressive over it. Cool your jets soldiers.

Nothing substantial? The fact Blizzard is suggesting that "now's a great time" for people get their opt-in straightened out and beta profile set is a dead giveaway that beta will be starting very soon. Sounds to me like we'll see a PTR with the boost to 90 mechanism, and the closed beta test, start in a matter of days, not months.

Just pointing out the news post confirmed the CE contains both a pet AND mount.

People were discussing it earlier, as in, will we get a mount, turns out, yes.

Not major news, but it's new...thus...news.

Also a "soon" PTR with instant 90's is pretty big, remember we are testing the DK style start, so that actually indicates, if they have done that for every class already, they can't be as delayed as people assume, all the instant 90 stuff you'd assume would come last in terms of development, but it's indicated that its ready to be tested "soon".

Hopefully this means beta really will be soon but never know with blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brothernads View Post
    Nothing substantial? The fact Blizzard is suggesting that "now's a great time" for people get their opt-in straightened out and beta profile set is a dead giveaway that beta will be starting very soon. Sounds to me like we'll see a PTR with the boost to 90 mechanism, and the closed beta test, start in a matter of days, not months.
    Wait, they said that?

*pulls back up the story*

Oh wow, front and center as well. Well, that lends some credibility to the speculation they'll formally announce beta at the Q4 conference call.

Sigh.. buying characters for money.
    It technically is not paying for power, but such a service reaches an awkward threshold.

If it costs too much, no one will pay for it. This may make blizzard want leveling to such even more in order to increase character boost sales.
    If it costs too little, everyone will buy it. Anything pre 90 will be a desert wasteland, except for the odd botter gathering herbs.

It also kills the RPG aspect greatly. Even if 90-100 takes the same amount of time as 1-90, I would feel more attached to the character I leveled from level 1. You are not building up your character completely, and as a result, you skip literally 10 years of story from the game.
    Chronomancer Club

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toiran View Post
    Just pointing out the news post confirmed the CE contains both a pet AND mount.

People were discussing it earlier, as in, will we get a mount, turns out, yes.

Not major news, but it's new...thus...news.

Also a "soon" PTR with instant 90's is pretty big, remember we are testing the DK style start, so that actually indicates, if they have done that for every class already, they can't be as delayed as people assume, all the instant 90 stuff you'd assume would come last in terms of development, but it's indicated that its ready to be tested "soon".
    I wonder what both could be?

I honestly thought the Iron Skyreaver would be that CE mount. Now I am curious as like the MoP CE Mount it is very unique & isn't like anyother mount in the game. The places it shows up is with Iron Qoon in ToT.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2014-01-17 at 03:07 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    TBH it's no different from people buying leveling services back in Vanilla, except this is now an official way to do it. No different from people buying premade 60's/70's/80's back then either. Those people have always been around.
    Yeah I am thinking that Blizz are trying to stop the pay for leveling services that have been as you said around for years (amazing how many folks don't know about them) were for folks who were either lazy as or did not have the time to level a toon.. And the trouble with those paid for services was I think they were against the ToS / ToU and well were pretty much ripe for being hijacked if the person was dumb enough to not change their password..