Page 1 of 3
LastLast

New Races Mid-Expansion

I've been pulling for Ogres and Arakkoa since May of last year. I was REALLY disappointed with the WoD announcement that we will be revisiting this cultures, but they will remain unplayable. However, I found it curious the ogres received ANOTHER model update, and I'm going to assume we will see an updated model for the Arakkoa.

I'm calling it right now we will see an unprecedented mid-expansion release of new playable races. In Cataclysm, we saw the Worgen and Goblin cultures if you started from level 1, but immediately parted ways after you left the starting area. There were a lot of hubs around the updated vanilla continents that included new goblin and worgen cities and featured their specific prop kits and architecture, but for players who continued on from their max level characters, all Goblins and Worgen were to them were new race change options.

Through the max level leveling process I'm guessed we'll be thoroughly introduced to both of these cultures. We'll probably even help them kill some boars. With Blizzard seeming to want to push hard on micro transactions, I think there's a possibility we will see these races become playable in a non-raid tier like 6.1 or 6.3 for $25 a pop.

Am I high or what?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    High. By mid expansion no one will be willing to roll a new alt because they're firmly set in what they're playing, they spent their free 90 boost, and so on.

You'd be talking about a bigger flop than Monks and Pandaren were. <1% population for sure.
    Last edited by Slowpoke is a Gamer; 2014-01-17 at 03:10 AM.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

do you really want to pay for content now on top of a sub?

Really really doubt it.

I want Ogres too but they won't be playable in WoD. Not convinced on Arakkoa.

I'd prefer playable Ogres to be Azeroth Ogres anyway. At least, their starting zone should be in Azeroth. Possibly Dustwallow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Paying for a race with its own racials could be disastrous.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I've been pulling for Ogres and Arakkoa since May of last year. I was REALLY disappointed with the WoD announcement that we will be revisiting this cultures, but they will remain unplayable. However, I found it curious the ogres received ANOTHER model update, and I'm going to assume we will see an updated model for the Arakkoa.

I'm calling it right now we will see an unprecedented mid-expansion release of new playable races. In Cataclysm, we saw the Worgen and Goblin cultures if you started from level 1, but immediately parted ways after you left the starting area. There were a lot of hubs around the updated vanilla continents that included new goblin and worgen cities and featured their specific prop kits and architecture, but for players who continued on from their max level characters, all Goblins and Worgen were to them were new race change options.

Through the max level leveling process I'm guessed we'll be thoroughly introduced to both of these cultures. We'll probably even help them kill some boars. With Blizzard seeming to want to push hard on micro transactions, I think there's a possibility we will see these races become playable in a non-raid tier like 6.1 or 6.3 for $25 a pop.

Am I high or what?
    I've already called this months ago. Not ebing paid for though, thats just stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    High. By mid expansion no one will be willing to roll a new alt because they're firmly set in what they're playing, they spent their free 90 boost, and so on.

You'd be talking about a bigger flop than Monks and Pandaren were. <1% population for sure.
    90 boosts are going to be sold from the store, which voids your thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Really really doubt it.

I want Ogres too but they won't be playable in WoD. Not convinced on Arakkoa.

I'd prefer playable Ogres to be Azeroth Ogres anyway. At least, their starting zone should be in Azeroth. Possibly Dustwallow.
    I'm projecting Ogres for next expansion. I'm not sold on Arrakoa either, but due to how I'm projecting next expansion to be on Draenor again, it kinda has to be them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    I've already called this months ago. Not ebing paid for though, thats just stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

90 boosts are going to be sold from the store, which voids your thought.
    Actually, it doesn't. This won't be a $5 boost (I hope), it'll probably be at least $30 (same as the expansion itself).

Paying for that plus the new race unlock fee? Nobody will do it.

Except maybe min/maxers.

Frankly, I'd rather get shafted than have them add Arrakoa as playable. Just me, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    Frankly, I'd rather get shafted than have them add Arrakoa as playable. Just me, though.
    Well honestly I can guess what Alliance Race you'd want based on the avatar.

It would be a really good idea on their part, and one I expect since they've nailed down the wandering gamer problem. We'll see.

id like to ay i dont think so but with all these micro trans being added i wouldnt be surprised.

Deleted
    I dont understand why people want those ugly bird monsters from BC. To me there where allways nothing but annoying and ugly, but hell some people play spacegoats aswell i guess. I wouldnt want them, and i sure as hell would never make one of my chars that race

This is how I see it. Warlords is just going to be primarily an update expansion, like how Cataclysm was with the updated old world. Most of the resources were poured into updating the old ugly stuff and there's just not enough resources left to add something like a race. It'll probably be a little sparse on content even until all the races are implemented and the new stats are balanced. After that's all finished and done with they'll be back to their old shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodjunky22 View Post
    id like to ay i dont think so but with all these micro trans being added i wouldnt be surprised.
    They've been added since...Wotlk I think. Years ago. All they did was give us a link to the webpage in game. @_@ Why is everyone overreacting over the stupid shop that I forgot even existed until I decided to come read these forums?

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Well honestly I can guess what Alliance Race you'd want based on the avatar.
    Wow, spot on. I want the goddess Almalexia to become a playable WoW race. Absolutely right.

Though, really, she seems more Horde to me?

https://twitter.com/OccupyGStreet/st...74136483688449
    @Arakkoa The team was very excited about goblins and worgen. That level of passion doesn't (yet?) exist for say ogres and arrakoa.

15+ Year Old Account
    There were a lot of hubs around the updated vanilla continents that included new goblin and worgen cities and featured their specific prop kits and architecture
    Lots of worgen cities? Show me that world. This far I only know Surwich, which is deserted.
    Am I high or what?
    I'm inclined to say "yes". But better be high than feel down.

It won't happen. Deal with it.

Absolutely not. I'd also say you're more than just high if you think that vouching for Arakkoa, much less Ogres, as long as [gasp] six months ago is notable in any way. You're silly. People have vouched for them since BC and Vanilla respectively.

Am I high or what?
    If we are going this way of wild speculations, well they could give us a new race/class with their 10th wow anniversary and 20th warcraft anniversary.
    Now, that would be a surprise.

Deleted
    I think the amount of work introducing a new race would take (the modelling, the armor work needed to fit, the starting zone etc) that they would want to have it as a selling point for a new expansion, rather then a patch. Especially if there are planning on releasing expansions more often. They would want to make a bigger deal out of it.