Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    The aim of a video game is to have fun playing it. Which you seem to want to avoid by spending money. And as is usual with people that have too much money, you appear to simply not care what impact your use of that money has on other people who have less; it doesn't bother you that rather than improving the levelling experience for everyone (which costs money) they will allow people to skip it if you pay more. Great for you, terrible for everyone else. Maybe stop thinking about yourself, and look at the bigger picture?
    I would not mind leveling again if the experience could be improved. However based on the only improvements has made (reduced XP and Cata) I am hesitant to hope that Blizzard could make leveling enjoyable again.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    This, soooo much this. remember that whole 10 20 30% they knock off the leveling process. say goodbye to that come paid level 90s

I think this is just the mindset of people. I got a new app called Flow. and it's fun so far. And I notice it has like 5 hints for a dollar. I'm like Why the hell would I want hints? I wanna pay for the game to beat the puzzles for me?
    Why would Blizzard revert the leveling XP reductions they've implemented? Or are you suggesting that there won't be additional ones in WoD because you can skip straight to 90? Even then I doubt they wouldn't offer an XP nerf halfway through the expansion so as to encourage people to level characters.

High Overlord
    "Have you run Blackwing Lair for months, and just can't get those Judgment Gloves to drop? Well, now for only .99 cents per item, you can finally complete your transmog set by purchasing old items via the Blizzard Store!"

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    lol. How incredibly short-sighted of you.
    What a waste of a response. Why bother?

As one could easily ascertain from 1 day of playtime, there are already shitty players in the game. What difference does it make if there are shitty players who paid to get to the level cap?

I'd still love to hear a reasonable argument as to how leveling 1-90 made anyone a better player. Leveling hasn't actually mattered since TBC when you had reputations started to help the dungeon gearing process. Now? It's about as useful a venture as your post. Congratulations, you managed to spend a few weeks running through dungeons with 4 silent people in heirlooms where everything was one shot and the abilities that matter don't matter until max level.

Quote Originally Posted by OUTclassed View Post
    It's/was an MMORPG, not an MMO-buy-with-no-effort. You can already see the type of people who joined the game due to the easy mode in LFR, now imagine how many more would join if the effort to perform is even less. And that DOES effect my enjoyment of the game.

Again, you can choose to ignore the trend... until it's too late
    Seriously, just reread what you wrote.

How can anyone who paid for his lvl 90 character have ANY effect on your enjoyment ???

btw: since DAY 1 people have paid for leveling services ... how did it influence the enjoyment of YOUR leveling fun?

tldr: grow up. this is a game.

If anyone wants to pay for a character 90: good for him. I play my game, you play yours.

In fact if he pays it to Blizzard, good for me too as he upped the resources to put in the game.

These are arguments of 13 years olds, thinking they "earn" something by playing a video game.

Good Lord have pity on these chaps.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2014-01-17 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Majestian View Post
    "Have you run Blackwing Lair for months, and just can't get those Judgment Gloves to drop? Well, now for only .99 cents per item, you can finally complete your transmog set by purchasing old items via the Blizzard Store!"
    Until this option actually appears there's little sense mocking it as nothing in the last six years of the Blizzard store has come remotely to obtaining in-game items with real cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Until this option actually appears there's little sense mocking it as nothing in the last six years of the Blizzard store has come remotely to obtaining in-game items with real cash.
    Of course. These arguments of gear were raised for 8 years already and of course they are too stupid to even discuss.

Futile attempts coming from the same usual suspects.

Actually, the free lvl 90 is great for returning players. And in no way it will have a negative impact on anyone's play, on the contrary. People will be glad to see the latest content on launch.

If you buy the newest RPG, you don't need to wade through the previous 4 games of The Elder Scrolls either.

The fact it is an mmorpg or not has nothing to do with the enjoyment of the latest content.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2014-01-17 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Seriously, just reread what you wrote.

How can anyone who paid for his lvl 90 character have ANY effect on your enjoyment ???

btw: since DAY 1 people have paid for leveling services ... how did it influence the enjoyment of YOUR leveling fun?

tldr: grow up. this is a game.

If anyone wants to pay for a character 90: good for him. I play my game, you play yours.

In fact if he pays it to Blizzard, good for me too as he upped the resources to put in the game.

These are arguments of 13 years olds, thinking they "earn" something by playing a video game.

Good Lord have pity on these chaps.
    oh good, a BenBos post to disect. This should be fun.

If people can PAY to bypass levelling content, where is the encouragement for Blizzard to improve the levelling content? After all, the more people that bypass it, the more money they make. So that makes the game worse for everyone that doesn't want to give Blizzard even more money in a subscription based game.

Don't believe the reasoning? Have a look at the low/imbalanced server situation. It has taken them years to take ANY steps to improve things, because they knew that doing so would cost them the income they get from the wildly overpriced transfers they offer.

Oh, and using the "people that disagree with me are 13" card as well. Sad.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.

The volume of new game features and content in MoP is a direct consequence of people cancelling subscriptions during Cataclysm. You're welcome.

If people can PAY to bypass levelling content, where is the encouragement for Blizzard to improve the levelling content? After all, the more people that bypass it, the more money they make. So that makes the game worse for everyone that doesn't want to give Blizzard even more money in a subscription based game.

Don't believe the reasoning? Have a look at the low/imbalanced server situation. It has taken them years to take ANY steps to improve things, because they knew that doing so would cost them the income they get from the wildly overpriced transfers they offer.

As stated: the leveling content is there for those that want it.

You don't need to play through the 4 previous Elder scrolls either to enjoy Skyrim.

You can, but with this measure, you can play the latest expansion too.

win win for both kind of players.

Leveling services were on offer since day 1. Did it hurt you ?

ROFL. Actually, it is more like a 7 year old talking...
    Last edited by BenBos; 2014-01-17 at 10:21 PM.

As stated: the leveling content is there for those that want it.

You don't need to play through the 4 previous Elder scrolls either to enjoy Skyrim.

You can, but with this measure, you can play the latest expansion too.

win win for both kind of players.

Leveling services were on offer since day 1. Did it hurt you ?

ROFL.
    Why did you reply to me when you didn't cover ANY of the points I made in my post? Or were you replying to someone else and got confused?

Oh, and what levelling services were on offer from day 1? Apart from the ones offered by third parties, of course. Are you admitting to using them to get the guilt off your chest?

Now, if you want to address any of my actual points, feel free.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.

The volume of new game features and content in MoP is a direct consequence of people cancelling subscriptions during Cataclysm. You're welcome.

Why did you reply to me when you didn't cover ANY of the points I made in my post? Or were you replying to someone else and got confused?

Oh, and what levelling services were on offer from day 1? Apart from the ones offered by third parties, of course. Are you admitting to using them to get the guilt off your chest?

Now, if you want to address any of my actual points, feel free.
    Actually I answered your ridiculous arguments already. You have NO counter arguments either.

People don't pay to skip content: people pay to have a level 90 to START doing the newest content. It would be ridiculous NOT to include such an option for a 10 year old game like WOW. You don't need to do the 4 previous installments of the Elder Scroll either...

And as for DAY 1 use of leveling services: did it hurt YOU ?

of course not... so those against it : stop acting like spoiled 6 year olds. "I Want that others NEED to do ALL the old leveling content too".

Grow up.

World of Warcraft is a video game. Stop acting like it is a life achievement.

More options is more game for everybody.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2014-01-17 at 10:33 PM.

My opinion on your statements:

1. The leveling experience for previous content has been so watered down that you aren't even able to follow a quest zone through if you join one of the million level 25 Guilds. You just blow through everything and none of it makes sense.

2. Most everyone leveling alts don't bother questing - they just dungeon-crawl. They don't do anything good (or bad) for those who chose a different route.

3. People who are just picking up the game seem like the people most likely to quest through it anyway and therefor the least likely to actually use the level 90 boost.

Just my thoughts. It's opinion vs opinion really, so I'm not saying you're wrong, just that I disagree.

Actually I answered your ridiculous arguments already. You have NO counter arguments either.

People don't pay to skip content: people pay to have a level 90 to START doing the newest content. it would be ridiculous NOT to include such an option for a 10 year old game like WOW. You don't need to do the 4 previois installments of the Elder Scroll either...

And as for DAY 1 use of leveling services: did it hurt YOU ?

of course not... so stop acting like a spolied 6 year old.

Grow up.
    I had no counter arguments, because you hadn't addressed anything I said. The concept of debate appears to be confusing you.

I don't have a strong feeling for or against skipping old content; my problem is with making it a PAID service in a subscription game. Feel free to explain why you think this is necessary, rather than using some form of cooldown.

You will need to explain what form of day 1 levelling service you are talking about, since none were officially allowed in Vanilla WoW.

And stop with the "you disagree you are a kid" comments. It doesn't help the discussion. Address the points raised, rather than just being confrontational.

I don't have a strong feeling for or against skipping old content; my problem is with making it a PAID service in a subscription game. Feel free to explain why you think this is necessary, rather than using some form of cooldown.
    I didn't see this suggestion before. I like it a lot more than a paid service. I'll be using neither (have way too many max level alts as it is), but your suggestion makes more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Oh, and here's Destil, defending Blizzard's choice because it doesn't impact you AT ALL.

You don't have to partake in it.

Does it simply bother you that others aren't going down the route you're not?

That seems to be the reason everyone also hates LFR.

Please use logic. Thank you.
    You are the most ignorant person I've ever met online, and that's quite a feat. Congratulations.

I.

First: it is a FREE service for those acquiring the latest installment of WOW for now.

You get ONE free lvl 90 of your choice when you buy the latest expansion of the game.

GREAT. Finally WOW can be on par with all these other blockbusters like COD, the Elder Scrolls etc...

You can start fresh in brand NEW content with the latest challenges.

It is HOW games are played these days.

Blizzard is discussing other lvl 90's, but nothing is set in stone yet.

For extra's you will pay. As this service has ZERO impact on YOUR/MY enjoyment of the game, I can think of NO counter arguments at all.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2014-01-17 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Deathwing is in SoO? Interesting.
    Ohh wow, i was wicked tired last night, passed right out after saying that. I meant to say DS. Joined a guild months after it's release, and got fully geared in 4 weeks. to much SoO on the mind >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    That's not even remotely selling them.
    PLEASE KNOW YOUR SHIT BEFORE YOU POST!!
    Bolster the Ranks

We’ve also heard feedback from players that they’d be interested in boosting multiple characters to 90, including alts they play with friends on other factions and realms. We’ve been evaluating ways to make that possible without having players go through roundabout methods (such as purchasing multiple boxes and performing multiple character transfers), and in the near future we’ll be testing out a feature that gives you the option to purchase a character upgrade directly. We’ll have more information to share later—including details on our character-upgrade plans for Asian regions where players don’t buy expansion boxes—but you’ll start seeing pieces of the process soon on the PTR, so keep an eye out.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/12426481/

Need someone to post the picture of the dead horse being flogged please.
    Obtuse and Obedient of Stormrage US

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    No they're not. Don't make things up.
    You beat me. But maybe OP has a link. I cannot find lv 90s on the shop. Looked hard

Oh ...and I thought the slippery slope ended when you could buy epic gear.

Meh. Drama Queen.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

That is why you just buy Skyrim and not the others? You have to buy every expansion in WoW to get to the lastest one. With such an asinine reply you then call other people children?

Selling level 90's only helps Blizzard. Don't make it sound like some sort of altruistic gesture to help the little guy join his high level chums. Don't make it sound like it will help every player out with more money means more content. That is a laughable statement. How many billions have they made from the is game? Yet it remains one of the slowest mmos around to give you new content. How many months is it going to be this time? 6? 8? 12 again?

We have already seen more mounts than every in the cash shop and the trend will continue. Time to buckle up or get off the ride as we have just begun the trip down the rabbit hole.
    I'm a Forsaken. I kill firstborns while their mamas watch. I turn cities into salt. I even, when I feel like it, rip the souls from little girls, and from now till kingdom come, the only thing you can count on in your existence is never understanding why.