Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    How are you being swindled by a service that doesn't require your participation?
    You buying a game, and paying a subscription fee, while blizzard sits back and makes content and features exclusive to a cash shop = you getting swindled.

Content should all be in game only. That's why we pay money monthly.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    That's not the same thing and the OP pointed out the difference. He said that they're officially selling them AND giving you one in the expansion. They have not said they are; they've only done a little bit of research into the possibility which doesn't mean it'll happen.
    from bliz "We’ve also heard feedback from players that they’d be interested in boosting multiple characters to 90, including alts they play with friends on other factions and realms. We’ve been evaluating ways to make that possible without having players go through roundabout methods (such as purchasing multiple boxes and performing multiple character transfers), and in the near future we’ll be testing out a feature that gives you the option to purchase a character upgrade directly. We’ll have more information to share later—including details on our character-upgrade plans for Asian regions where players don’t buy expansion boxes—but you’ll start seeing pieces of the process soon on the PTR, so keep an eye out."

they have done more than research --they are program it into the ptr

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    You buying a game, and paying a subscription fee, while blizzard sits back and makes content and features exclusive to a cash shop = you getting swindled.

No it isn't - look at the T & Cs you agree to --your monthly sub gives you nothing more than access to the server

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    My inability to read properly aside they have already added double the mounts in the cash shop. That was my initial point.
    and that's a problem because ???

does the mounts on the store get you from point A to point B any faster than the ones obtained in game ?
    do they help you kill bosses or the other faction quicker ???
    do they help you do anything in game better than the mounts obtainable in game ???

the answer is no to all the above

Why don't they just put it down already, game is old and they are getting really desperate for money and it is making the game and the developers look bad.

In hindsight, WoW should have ended in wrath, when the game was the most hyped and played and we had all the celebrity advertisements and killed the biggest lore bad guy in all of warcraft.

Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Why don't they just put it down already, game is old and they are getting really desperate for money and it is making the game and the developers look bad.

In hindsight, WoW should have ended in wrath, when the game was the most hyped and played and we had all the celebrity advertisements and killed the biggest lore bad guy in all of warcraft.
    Yep, because the best time for a business to shut down its subscription based service is when it is at its most popular. Smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Sul View Post
    No it isn't - look at the T & Cs you agree to --your monthly sub gives you nothing more than access to the server
    I'm coming from more of a moral stand point. Just because they put in the T&C that they have the ability to be a money hungry company that no longer provides content outside of a cash shop doesn't mean they should

and that's a problem because ???

does the mounts on the store get you from point A to point B any faster than the ones obtained in game ?
    do they help you kill bosses or the other faction quicker ???
    do they help you do anything in game better than the mounts obtainable in game ???

the answer is no to all the above
    My mount collection is very personal to me. I'm working at getting to the 200 mount achievement. Why should i have to spend money to get there? Why can't my 15 dollars a month be used to creatively add cool mounts into the game i'm paying for instead of all my money going to a mount that i have to pay more money for?

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Yep, because the best time for a business to shut down its subscription based service is when it is at its most popular. Smart.
    That's why I said in hindsight. As in if they knew what would happen in Cata and MoP back then, they would have shut it down.

Words to live by.

I'm coming from more of a moral stand point. Just because they put in the T&C that they have the ability to be a money hungry company that no longer provides content outside of a cash shop doesn't mean they should

yes it does I am afraid --morally every public company ( ie those with shareholders ) has a moral and legal obligation to make as much money for their shareholders as possible .

My mount collection is very personal to me. I'm working at getting to the 200 mount achievement. Why should i have to spend money to get there? Why can't my 15 dollars a month be used to creatively add cool mounts into the game i'm paying for instead of all my money going to a mount that i have to pay more money for?
    you don't need to buy any of the store mounts or pets to get the achievements - there are more than enough in game to get them --buy them is a choice -not essential to get them . Its totally up to you which path you take. You can only ride one mount at a time , they all do the same thing , looks don't effect usuability in any way
    Last edited by Sul; 2014-01-18 at 05:52 AM.

yes it does I am afraid --morally every public company ( ie those with shareholders ) has a moral and legal obligation to make as much money for their shareholders as possible .

you don't need to buy any of the store mounts or pets to get the achievements - there are more than enough in game to get them --buy them is a choice -not essential to get them . Its totally up to you which path you take
    Nice dodge there in the second answer.

Is it just me or are people getting all paranoid about something that, yet again, is only related to Asia?

Nice dodge there in the second answer.
    Not dodgeing at all --you wouldn't like it if I said what I think of people who put cool and looks above functionality

Yes, the game we are all playing is indeed mount collector 2k, it's not a MMO at all, it's all been a big ruse, once you get ALL the mounts in the game, you see the credits... Right?

- - - Updated - - -

That's why I said in hindsight. As in if they knew what would happen in Cata and MoP back then, they would have shut it down.
    So what you're saying is that if they knew that the game would still be highly profitable 4 years later they would have shut it down? That's good business right there!

I like the part where you pretended that they don't also add mounts in game all the time, and instead focused on the six mounts out of several hundred that are cash shop.

You pay to access current content. Not for current content and to assure unlimited extra content at no additional cost.
    You tried too hard and now your post is shit. Never try too hard, the gamble isn't worth it. -Boubouille

To bad this isn't content and is a service. That renders this particular point moot.

I agree with you that there should be an in-game method of obtaining stuff on the Blizzard store but since none of it is required in any way nor provides an inherent advantage over those who don't have the Blizzard store stuff I can't agree with you describing it as being swindled.

We killed Sargeras in WotLK? Somehow I missed that.

Have you looked at guides similar to the one posted on WoWhead back in 5.3? They're pretty helpful in finding out about mounts you may not know exist; just keep in mind that it's a little dated.

Didn't get past the first two pages of this ridiculous and pointless thread, but GODDAMN are people ignorant.

If you:

-Believe leveling is something that needs to be done, you are wrong.
    -Believe that actually leveling teaches people how to play, you are wrong.
    -Believe that more max level characters somehow negatively affects you, you are wrong.
    -Believe that you are a special snowflake, and you had to walk uphill both ways to Molten Core and so should everyone else, you are wrong.
    -Believe that buying a near max (or max during MoP, if it launches) is pretty much Pay-to-Win, you are wrong. (Since when is the goal of WoW to "win" by reaching max level that that's it?)
    -Believe that Blizzard should be vilified for making money as a business, through features many players/customers have asked for, you are wrong. And also naive.

Activision should sell the new character models for $20 each.

It's only cosmetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Peso View Post

It's only cosmetic.
    Ho there friend, you're in the wrong forum, Blizzard is the developer of World of Warcraft, not Activision

Quote Originally Posted by Peso View Post

It's only cosmetic.
    How about blizzard stops making new gear and they just reuse old gear. Then they can make new gear and sell it for 20$.

It's only cosmetic.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Redlikemyrage View Post
    Didn't get past the first two pages of this ridiculous and pointless thread, but GODDAMN are people ignorant.

If you:

-Believe leveling is something that needs to be done, you are wrong.
    -Believe that actually leveling teaches people how to play, you are wrong.
    -Believe that more max level characters somehow negatively affects you, you are wrong.
    -Believe that you are a special snowflake, and you had to walk uphill both ways to Molten Core and so should everyone else, you are wrong.
    -Believe that buying a near max (or max during MoP, if it launches) is pretty much Pay-to-Win, you are wrong. (Since when is the goal of WoW to "win" by reaching max level that that's it?)
    -Believe that Blizzard should be vilified for making money as a business, through features many players/customers have asked for, you are wrong. And also naive.
    A bunch of these are false. Not going to even pick it apart since you seem naive yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    A bunch of these are false. Not going to even pick it apart since you seem naive yourself.
    Quick question, why did you post this? Also here is an (apparently) acceptable rebuttal: "no."