Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ...
26
34
35
36
37
LastLast
  1. #701
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So why can f2p games have a monthly subscription but a pay to play game can not have a cash shop? The flaw in your reasoning is that there is nothing wrong with a subscription service selling additional items at an extra cost. Many companies do it that range across all types of products. Blizzard certainly isn't the first and they won't be the last.

    Why should everything be free just because you pay a monthly fee?
    F2P games having things like premium memberships in place of subscriptions like WoW is different due to the WoW subscription being required just to access the servers. If I took a break from the game and just wanted to do something here and there every once in a while then I could without having to plop down a monthly fee.

    US and EU are paying for the expansion and the subscription. Nothing is free and is already being charged for. If Blizzard wants to piece out content then they need to swap to a la carte or adapt the F2P model with a premium membership as optional rather than a required subscription. Any game with a required subscription is not F2P.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2014-01-19 at 07:43 PM.

  2. #702
    Went to the whole thread, here are some highlights.

    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post

    Also there's this statement from Bashiok:

    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."
    http://www.crispygamer.com/comics/di...008-01-13.aspx xD

    Quote Originally Posted by Tastyfish View Post
    SO they are testing something they ARE GOING TO DO.
    so why test it out if the plan is to make it work anyhow? :P
    wouldn't it just be released when it's done? :P
    Probably because they want to test that the system is working properly. When they were going to introduce faction transfers and character re customization they tested the systems on the PTR first.

    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Blizzard would lose millions of subs out of player protest if they put items with stats in the shop, and we all know how Blizzard is when it comes to corporate profits. Stats in shop = lost subs = lost money. The lost sub money would outweigh the profits from the shop and therefore Blizzard won't do it.
    Seeing how people just nod at everything Blizzard does I doubt it. Hell I think there's even a couple people in this thread that have said that they wouldn't care if Blizzard sold gear with stats.

    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Blizzard is the one that constantly says "Anything we do takes away from MoP development"
    That takes me back to the whole "Blizzard didn't make a pet for the anniversary because it would have taken time out of WoD development" yet somehow they found time to make a new store mount.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    I would not mind leveling again if the experience could be improved. However based on the only improvements has made (reduced XP and Cata) I am hesitant to hope that Blizzard could make leveling enjoyable again.
    I feel that is part of the problem people have with this. Instead of them going back and try to fix the leveling process they simply take the option that makes them more money and sell lvl 90.

    Quote Originally Posted by Roadblock View Post
    I'm reading all this back and forth and one thing keeps playing in my head.

    Blizzard is selling you the opposite of content.

    Read that again.
    A company is selling you a fucking void and you're thanking them for it.

    Capitalism truly rots the brain...
    That's an interesting way to see it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lastgope View Post
    KEYWORD is testing
    The thing here is that is the system what they're going to test, not the possibility of selling the character boost.

    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Gotten away with what? Charging a subscription while selling things in a cash shop? 90% of free to play games also offer subscription packages. Why does it make a difference what the base level of the game costs? Why is it only bad when Blizzard does it, but not when any other company does it? Magazines, Newspapers, Netflix, Cable Companies, Insurance, Car companies, Airlines, Amazon Prime etc all charge you a subscription fee while also selling you additional items at an extra cost.

    Why is it so wrong for a subscription game to sell additional things at an additional cost?
    Most (if not all, I don't know all of them so can't check them) of the f2p MMOs give you something extra when you pay a subscription. Either be extra xp/money/drops, store currency/discounts, mounts or other gifts or in some retarded cases like swtor interface options. That's why they "get away with it" the subscription is something extra and comes with extra stuff, not something that is required to play the game. Maybe your other examples can be proof that a company will go as far as its costumers let it.

    I don't think the slippery slope hasn't ended yet. However we're not as far as some seem to think. If anything the trend continues. As has been stated before Blizzard has said that they wouldn't do a lot of things, yet they ended doing them as years passed and while I can't assure that they will eventually sell stuff that give power I feel that the day will arrive sooner than we expect. For me the game is a very low point at the moment(as in my personal feelings towards the game, not as a general opinion of the quality of it), not because of this alone. A lot of factors have gone into this feeling. For now I'm willing to give WoD a chance, but I don't see myself getting it on launch or even at all. It depends on how the things look as development goes by.

  3. #703
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So why can f2p games have a monthly subscription but a pay to play game can not have a cash shop? The flaw in your reasoning is that there is nothing wrong with a subscription service selling additional items at an extra cost. Many companies do it that range across all types of products. Blizzard certainly isn't the first and they won't be the last.

    Why should everything be free just because you pay a monthly fee?
    What the actual hell. F2P games don't have a subscription and if they do they usually give you full access to everything they provide anyway. We're paying a subscription specifically to have full access, otherwise we wouldn't need said subscription to begin with. Stuff isn't free, we're already paying for it.

    Just like the selling of increased experience potions impacted every ones game play? Funny how no one complains about that still. What if selling of level X is only for certain markets? What if they limit it to Asian realms? It also isn't an arduous grind to 90, even for a 100% new player. Leveling is pretty fast, and if it is an alt you can power level to 90 in a few days. Will some still by a level 90? Sure, people have disposable income.
    The potion wasn't for the European market but the Asian alone and honestly I couldn't care less about Asia. Aslo again your argumentation is lackluster and bad. By your same logic they should sell about anything ingame, afterall people have disposable income and what's wrong with them doing so? How about coding additional content only available through the store?
    New raid patch? Buy it at the store. New PvP season? Buy it at the store. How about they limit battlegrounds to 1-3 a day or even a week and then you can buy a pass from the store to allow you to join more? Nothing wrong with them making a bit of money, right?

    But leveling is by no means arduous. It sounds like you haven't leveled in a while.
    I've leveled every but one class to 90. Are you by any chance American?

  4. #704
    Thanks to Jofe for reminding me of this post.

    Quote Originally Posted by Roadblock View Post
    I'm reading all this back and forth and one thing keeps playing in my head.

    Blizzard is selling you the opposite of content.

    Read that again.
    A company is selling you a fucking void and you're thanking them for it.

    Capitalism truly rots the brain...
    If you want to get really technical Blizzard is selling you an option to skip straight to the most relevant content and allow you to experience the older stuff at your leisure. The only way it'd be a void is if the content was physically removed from the game.

  5. #705
    If they are going to make end game content the focus of the game and completely ignore older content then they need to offer previous expansions for free. You have to pay for Vanilla-MoP yet it's only about MoP?...I'd be kinds off put if I was new.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Thanks to Jofe for reminding me of this post.



    If you want to get really technical Blizzard is selling you an option to skip straight to the most relevant content and allow you to experience the older stuff at your leisure. The only way it'd be a void is if the content was physically removed from the game.
    Still. What's keeping them from purposely making eh content if people are willing to pay them to skip it? It's a win win for Bliz.

  6. #706
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    I thought this was just another free 90 with purchase thread then I read the part where they will be selling extra 90s...and people in the thread are still defending them.
    What is there to defend? They're offering a service. Personally I don't understand why someone would fork over money to skip over the best part of the game, but there's a sucker born every minute. If people are willing to pay for that, why shouldn't Blizzard sell it? We're talking about a game here. This isn't even anything new. Even many D&D campaigns came with pre-rolled higher level characters. I don't remember anyone throwing any hissy fits about it, and the last time I played I one of those I was a 15 year old kid playing with other 15 year old kids.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    You really dont think this is a little too much...just a wee bit? Just cant admit it, can you?
    I know it's hard to understand that someone else's opinion can differ from your own, but just try. You think this is a little too much. Fine. When you run your very own MMO you can impose a strict no-pay-to-level policy and adhere to it. If you don't like the way Blizzard's running their business you're not obligated to purchase their products. That's about the extent of the control you have over them. Getting all worked up and railing about it isn't doing you any favors, and I promise the executives at Blizzard are still sleeping very well tonight on their humongous piles of cash. Let it go and I promise you'll feel better.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    I just cant wait until Blizz crosses the line full blown and starts selling gear and other things just to read how people will defend them then.
    Again, there's nothing to defend. In fact, I'm pretty sure that Blizzard already sold some transmog gear a few patches back and somehow the World of Warcraft went on. The gear isn't real. It's a virtual item in a video game. If you had access to their servers you could bump some of the numbers on the item up and then it would be "better" or you could crank them down and they would be "worse." So what if they decide to sell ilevel 600 gear? You know that next expansion ilevel 600 gear will get you through the starter expansion areas and that's about it. That's how (not) valuable it is. If you want true rewards I suggest that you look for them outside of a video game.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sevt View Post
    If one day they start selling for example a hc end boss kill title - ok go moan quit the game and blabla. A mount/pet/partially lvled char in green gear are just another reason for "wow as it is now and not as it was in tbc" haters.
    You can already buy it with money if you really want to. Just purchase a pet or mount and re-sell it for in-game gold. This is perfectly permissible under Blizzard's ToU. Then take that gold and buy a carry from a high end guild that has already cleared SOO 14/14H and is now twiddling its thumbs on the PTR until WoD. But so what? That's why these "titles" are worth jack and shit. Always have been and always will be. If people want to throw their money away on meaningless crap let them. For me the game has always been about the experience, and you can't buy that with any amount of money.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

  7. #707
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    If they are going to make end game content the focus of the game and completely ignore older content then they need to offer previous expansions for free. You have to pay for Vanilla-MoP yet it's only about MoP?...I'd be kinds off put if I was new.
    That's not far from what happens. The battlechest includes up to Cataclysm, and that costs almost nothing when you factor in the free month you get with it.

    The old content is there for those that enjoy it, kinda like Pet Battles or Archeology. You don't have to do those by any means, and there's a ton of depth to both systems that people may not know the first thing about. Same thing applies to, say, WotLK content right now. Leveling through, you probably have no idea about how much content there is with the Argent Tournament, or how to get Quel'delar, or the quests and dungeons that lead up to the storyline of Icecrown Citadel. You simply skip all of that stuff while leveling up, because you're not going to hang around and gear up for level 80 when all of the action is happening at level 90.

    Still. What's keeping them from purposely making eh content if people are willing to pay them to skip it? It's a win win for Bliz.
    Because you can't skip current content, only content that is already outdated and finished updating. They don't go back and make new content for level 1-85 right now. The content that exists there is the stuff that used to be current content a few years ago. When they make new content, they design it for the current expansion, and 95% of it is for max level.
    Shandaren, Brewmaster/Recruitment Officer of <Might> of US-Zul'jin (14/14H, 3 days/10 hours per week).

  8. #708
    i think the real shame is that you're defending it because "i don't wanna level for the Nth time so let me skip it". this is the worst possible logic when it comes to game design. just skip it. your like a kid playing an RPG. you skip everything and then what happens? you dunno what to do. thats what. not that everyone would be affected like this, but i can definitely see it being a problem. that aside though, theres a larger underlying problem.

    blizz selling 90's like this, heirlooms, etc, its a way of saying they have essentially given up on designing leveling content. a game DESIGNER, has given up on DESIGNING PART OF THE GAME. and you all are advocating this. you all make me sick. rather than "how can we make the leveling process more intereting? less of a grind? a better way to teach players their class?" you all just say "SCREW IT".

    you wanna know one way to make leveling content more interesting? randomized events. not quests, not mobs, EVENTS. and i'm not talking large holiday stuff either. i mean events that can happen randomly out in the world of warcraft while leveling, perhaps a random large-scale attack between horde and alliance forces that your input can affect(in contested zones). and i don't mean outland PvP objective type things. i mean PvE fights. large amounts of regular mobs attacking other large groups of regular mobs. the side that has more after a certain amount of time wins that fight. this would confer a benefit to the winning side, and maybe even a detriment to the losing one.

    for non-contested zones there could be events that pit your faction against whatever monsters they may be facing at any one time. for example in eastern plaguelands you could have a large scale attack force heading from stratholme to lights hope, and its the players jobs to make sure it is either weakened or defeated by the time it gets there, or it can potentially cause very bad effects(like losing quest-givers or something), and beating them back could confer a buff of the light that increases damage against undead for until the next attack. of course there would be warnings to this and they would be geared for at-level players. maybe phase people of a higher level so that they can't participate in the events, to make it interesting. it would have to be realm(or connected realm) specific though. i realize that plaguelands is technically "contested" but aside from the duels that go on near thondoril river, theres not much PvP. its more of a neutral zone, and a good place to have an "everyone is equal, common enemy" type thing going, against the forces of stratholme. another thing is, there could be a different benefit to just "stalling them" for a certain amount of time, and "beating them back" entirely. perhaps some sort of achievement(that changes depending on the size of the force beat back), a trophy, a piece of gear, maybe a pair of mogg-able gloves that have the argent dawn insignia on the back of them, with a faint glow. of course, these events won't all be solo-able. some will require anyone in the area to help with it like stratholme. others will just be large scale fights that the player can participate in. of course the mobs will be somewhat hard to deal with so a single OP person can't just faceroll his way through the entire opposing army.

    and by randomized, i mean completely. not on a set timer. they have the rolling mechanic already that gives a seemingly random number between 1 and 100. use that to determine a time when said event will happen. its not that difficult a thing to manage honestly, once its set in motion. have a seperate roll for the type of event(depending on area's, certain ones may only get 1 kind of event). the third roll will decide the sizes of the forces that will fight(except for cases like the plaguelands ones, where lights-hope would most likely stay for the most part un-altered, aside from dialogue and what not). this would also mean tiered achievements based on the size of the forces that are fought. again lights hope chapel could have a "Beat back the undead scouts" and a "triumphed over the undead army" achievement for smaller and larger army sizes respectively. mind the forces won't change drastically in contested scenarios, as that would confer an un-fair advantage. its just that one might be slightly smaller or bigger then a set average. not by a lot but by a notice-able amount. for non-contested ones though, the army could range from anywhere from a few groups of 10 to a a few hundred undead. there could even be an option to teleport right to the combat, or rather, the starting point for your side in the conflict(again, for example, lights hope chapel), with a warning saying that the creatures in said area may or may not be a slightly higher level than you after the event is over with, and things return for the most part to normal.

    other ways would be to even out the leveling paces between expansions(and levels) so they don't take dramatic climbs in time needed, but still rise as you level. make dungeons a challenge again. then people wouldn't face roll them and get sick of them in a single sitting, and give them incentive to do quests as a faster alternative to dungeons, while dungeons hold better gear.


    there are PLENTY of ways to improve the leveling process. instead of improvement though, you are advocating turning a very large portion of the game into dead weight for a single continent that will become dead weight in a year or 2. you all make me sick to my stomach. those of you that don't advocate this god-awful mess of a catch-up mechanic, i salute you.
    Last edited by Somaldelhar; 2014-01-20 at 08:26 AM. Reason: elaboration and editing

  9. #709
    blizz selling 90's like this, heirlooms, etc, its a way of saying they have essentially given up on designing leveling content. a game DESIGNER, has given up on DESIGNING PART OF THE GAME. and you all are advocating this. you all make me sick.
    Before you throw up, think a little about the retarded things you are saying there. The leveling content until 90 IS ALREADY DESIGNED. Also it's already experienced by hmmmm 90% of the player base or more? They aren't designing it anymore, even the old world revamp was thrashed by a lot of people

    I still like to level alts, and I would never ever buy a fucking level 90 with the price of a new game or whatever price, BUT that doesn't mean many wouldn't prefer that way, and fuck me if I want to fuck up their gaming style by bitching about it.

    There is NOTHING to improve about the leveling process as long as you've experienced it multiple times already, unless they change it again. Not to mention those that hate the leveling by default and wouldn't do it even if it came bundled with a free blow job

  10. #710
    Quote Originally Posted by Somaldelhar View Post
    i think the real shame is that you're defending it because "i don't wanna level for the Nth time so let me skip it". this is the worst possible logic when it comes to game design. just skip it. your like a kid playing an RPG. you skip everything and then what happens? you dunno what to do. thats what. not that everyone would be affected like this, but i can definitely see it being a problem. that aside though, theres a larger underlying problem.

    blizz selling 90's like this, heirlooms, etc, its a way of saying they have essentially given up on designing leveling content. a game DESIGNER, has given up on DESIGNING PART OF THE GAME. and you all are advocating this. you all make me sick. rather than "how can we make the leveling process more intereting? less of a grind? a better way to teach players their class?" you all just say "SCREW IT".
    [snip]
    That's about as far as I got from that complete load of bunkam you wrote

    First off, new players cannot buy a level 90... only a player WITH a level 90 can buy a level 90. They've SEEN the leveling content.

    Secondly, No - blizz is NOT ignoring leveling content. Last I checked, we're going to have 10 more levels next expansion. Guess what? I'm betting the next expansion will have an additional set number o flevels with quests too...

    Thirdly, and this is the big one, YOU are the kind of people that make me sick - because if blizz actually implemented your "How can we make leveling more interest/less grind/ect" instead of this level 90 jump/skip, you will bitch that Blizzard is nerfing the game instead - and you damn well know you would.

    Skipping content you've already seen is perfectly fine... I never replay an RPG simply because I don't want to trudge through that again. If I did want to... I'd do it willingly. Remember, it's the PLAYER option, it's not mandatory.

    And you know leveling doesn't teach you your class or raid encounters... I'd argue that the Brawlers Guild at level 90 teaches a player 10x more to be a hardcore raider than standard leveling ever will how to play their class.

    EDIT: I must note that I'm not really for the level 90 skip, but I argue that it has more to do with charging players for more features in a SUBSCRIPTION based game. Your "points" are completely false as your fears are completely unfounded as NEW players cannot purchase level 90 boosts.
    Last edited by mvallas; 2014-01-20 at 08:22 AM.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

  11. #711
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Before you throw up, think a little about the retarded things you are saying there. The leveling content until 90 IS ALREADY DESIGNED. Also it's already experienced by hmmmm 90% of the player base or more? They aren't designing it anymore, even the old world revamp was thrashed by a lot of people

    I still like to level alts, and I would never ever buy a fucking level 90 with the price of a new game or whatever price, BUT that doesn't mean many wouldn't prefer that way, and fuck me if I want to fuck up their gaming style by bitching about it.

    There is NOTHING to improve about the leveling process as long as you've experienced it multiple times already, unless they change it again. Not to mention those that hate the leveling by default and wouldn't do it even if it came bundled with a free blow job
    lets ignore the people that hate leveling, as you said if they don't wanna do it they won't. as for the "90% of the game is already designed" load of shit, most of it was designed years ago(TBC and WoTLK) and cata already proved they can over-haul zones. they are already doing technological leaps with connected realms and such. i don't think implementing what i said would be difficult, just time consuming. they don't need to do it all at once either. just over time, implement new small or large things in new area's. it is really not as difficult as you assume considering the technological advances the company has made.


    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    That's about as far as I got from that complete load of bunkam you wrote

    First off, new players cannot buy a level 90... only a player WITH a level 90 can buy a level 90. They've SEEN the leveling content.

    Secondly, No - blizz is NOT ignoring leveling content. Last I checked, we're going to have 10 more levels next expansion. Guess what? I'm betting the next expansion will have an additional set number o flevels with quests too...

    Thirdly, and this is the big one, YOU are the kind of people that make me sick - because if blizz actually implemented your "How can we make leveling more interest/less grind/ect" instead of this level 90 jump/skip, you will bitch that Blizzard is nerfing the game instead - and you damn well know you would.

    Skipping content you've already seen is perfectly fine... I never replay an RPG simply because I don't want to trudge through that again. If I did want to... I'd do it willingly. Remember, it's the PLAYER option, it's not mandatory.

    And you know leveling doesn't teach you your class or raid encounters... I'd argue that the Brawlers Guild at level 90 teaches a player 10x more to be a hardcore raider than standard leveling ever will how to play their class.

    EDIT: I must note that I'm not really for the level 90 skip, but I argue that it has more to do with charging players for more features in a SUBSCRIPTION based game. Your "points" are completely false as your fears are completely unfounded as NEW players cannot purchase level 90 boosts.
    i'm fairly sure that there is no confirmed limits to who can and can't buy a 90 yet. if you would like to cite a 100% confirmed source on that, i'll accede to your point on that.

    on your second point however, in the case we are talking about, we are not talking current tier. we are talking about everything that would be skipped, AKA past tiers. thus your second point is basically not applicable to this specific arguement.

    third, what the hell is that even supposed to mean? "blizz is making a feature more fun/improving it so its getting nerfed"? so long as the end-game remains the same no one will say shit about nerfing, and the people who REALLY hate leveling would simply, as i said above, not level. none of those changes need to be made in one over-arching patch like a new raid or area would. just over time make a quality of life change to the leveling process.

    on your 4th point, its that exact line of thought i don't like. "i've seen it so it doesn't matter". i'd like to make that thought heavily less applicable to the leveling process by adding a heavy amount of randomized events to various areas. making them so that higher level characters can't do them makes it that much more interesting.

    as for brawlers guild, it is a very good way to learn a characters strengths and weaknesses and a good intro to raiding. i don't disagree. however, i'm saying helping the player to learn they're class at level would be a lot better than relying on something like brawlers guild, which was introduced as more of a test of ones mettle rather than a raid teaching mechanic. not that it can't be used as one. basically, i think learning ones character SHOULD come from the leveling process (imagine that in an RPG).

    aside from that would you happen to have any complaints about the actual changes i went forth to put out there? or did you ignore those because you thought it would be easier to ignore and tell me off that way?

    Edit: i just noticed this but i don't even think i mentioned "New Players". just "players". if you were talking about the class teaching thing, then that could apply to anyone starting a new class they haven't had before.
    Last edited by Somaldelhar; 2014-01-20 at 08:46 AM.

  12. #712
    Quote Originally Posted by Somaldelhar View Post
    i think the real shame is that you're defending it because "i don't wanna level for the Nth time so let me skip it". this is the worst possible logic when it comes to game design. just skip it. your like a kid playing an RPG. you skip everything and then what happens? you dunno what to do. thats what.
    haha?

    I'm going to get to the part of the game which gives me the widest possible options of stuff to do, and you think I'll get to 90 and go? huh? what's VP? What's a keybind?! HOW DO I TURN??

    Grow up buddy, I'll buy a 90, craft some gear, do dungeons, do lfr and play the game while you'll still be here complaining that this is the worst thing to ever happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by cptaylor38 View Post
    Hope everyone is prepared for the 16 month wait for the expansion after this one.
    Date Posted: 20/8/14
    Review: 20/8/16

    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Hi Turtle. According to your account records an authenticator was not attached to the account until after the compromise.

  13. #713
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,969
    Quote Originally Posted by IKT View Post
    haha?

    I'm going to get to the part of the game which gives me the widest possible options of stuff to do, and you think I'll get to 90 and go? huh? what's VP? What's a keybind?! HOW DO I TURN??

    Grow up buddy, I'll buy a 90, craft some gear, do dungeons, do lfr and play the game while you'll still be here complaining that this is the worst thing to ever happen.
    Nah, you'll buy a 90, do LFR, and then, after doing that two or three times, you'll grow bored of gearing *too* and come to Blizzard and say that it's good that you can buy a char, but gearing chars up is so boring and tedious and takes no skill and you've done it many times now, so could they just please let you buy entry-level gear for raids as well.

    And they will let you.

  14. #714
    Quote Originally Posted by IKT View Post
    haha?

    I'm going to get to the part of the game which gives me the widest possible options of stuff to do, and you think I'll get to 90 and go? huh? what's VP? What's a keybind?! HOW DO I TURN??

    Grow up buddy, I'll buy a 90, craft some gear, do dungeons, do lfr and play the game while you'll still be here complaining that this is the worst thing to ever happen.
    the hell are you even talking about? i'm saying to make it so that the leveling process isn't a straight line so that you don't NEED to hit max level for the widest amount of options. i even went on to say in that exact part that it wouldn't affect everyone in that way. that was an extreme. way to make an out of context post. did you bother reading the rest of that, or did you just decide to take one thing out of context to see if you could manage to troll me? cuz if so, i guess mission accomplished

  15. #715
    lets ignore the people that hate leveling, as you said if they don't wanna do it they won't. as for the "90% of the game is already designed" load of shit, most of it was designed years ago(TBC and WoTLK) and cata already proved they can over-haul zones. they are already doing technological leaps with connected realms and such. i don't think implementing what i said would be difficult, just time consuming. they don't need to do it all at once either. just over time, implement new small or large things in new area's. it is really not as difficult as you assume considering the technological advances the company has made.
    They will NEVER overhaul anything again after most people BITCHED about the Cata overhaul. The overhaul is gone, bye bye, sayonara, a rivederci, auf wiedersehen...

    You don't seem to understand how much time and resources that shit takes, even though the Cata expansion failure is a pretty good indicator that happens if you try to "fix" old content instead of providing a shitload of NEW content.

    And you fail to realize that even if they would change them again, which they won't, ever, it only takes another toon and you AGAIN have seen the content and don't want to do it again, and we're back in the square 1...

  16. #716
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Nah, you'll buy a 90, do LFR, and then, after doing that two or three times, you'll grow bored of gearing *too*
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hos/Ikt/simple

    11 x garrosh kills

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...os/Oknp/simple

    8 x garrosh kills

    If you think I'm going to get bored of the reason I play wow, you're simply telling yourself what you want to hear.
    Quote Originally Posted by cptaylor38 View Post
    Hope everyone is prepared for the 16 month wait for the expansion after this one.
    Date Posted: 20/8/14
    Review: 20/8/16

    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Hi Turtle. According to your account records an authenticator was not attached to the account until after the compromise.

  17. #717
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,969
    Quote Originally Posted by IKT View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hos/Ikt/simple

    11 x garrosh kills

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...os/Oknp/simple

    8 x garrosh kills

    If you think I'm going to get bored of the reason I play wow, you're simply telling yourself what you want to hear.
    So what? I have more kills than you even though I am not much into raiding. The number of kills that you have is nothing spectacular, tell me you aren't bored when you get a total of 50.

    But more importantly, I didn't mean that it is literally you who will grow bored of gearing and ask Blizzard. I meant a proportion of people who'd buy character boosts in general. They *will* say they don't have time to gear newly bought alts, and ask for gear for these alts, guaranteed. Using the same "it takes no skill anyway, it's just tedious" rhetoric. Just wait.

  18. #718
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    So what? I have more kills than you even though I am not much into raiding. The number of kills that you have is nothing spectacular, tell me you aren't bored when you get a total of 50.
    I'm pretty sure the expansion will be out by then :P

    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Using the same "it takes no skill anyway, it's just tedious" rhetoric. Just wait.
    But it does take skill. In most LFR's I've been in if you're doing low dps or dying all the time you get kicked, it's going to be even more interesting when tourist mode kicks in and flex becomes the norm.

    And if that was the case and people start asking for paid gear then I will be on your side, but I can't be on your side in favour of a stupid boring unskilled unnecessary gating mechanic because of a possible slippery slope.
    Quote Originally Posted by cptaylor38 View Post
    Hope everyone is prepared for the 16 month wait for the expansion after this one.
    Date Posted: 20/8/14
    Review: 20/8/16

    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Hi Turtle. According to your account records an authenticator was not attached to the account until after the compromise.

  19. #719
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,969
    Quote Originally Posted by IKT View Post
    But it does take skill. In most LFR's I've been in if you're doing low dps or dying all the time you get kicked, it's going to be even more interesting when tourist mode kicks in and flex becomes the norm.
    Did you miss that video of a guy who was INTENTIONALLY doing nothing or almost nothing in instances and LFR just to see how far he will get. It was back when ToT was current content, he got all 502s and he ended up being kicked *ONCE*. And, again, he was intentionally doing nothing or almost nothing (no DPS to speak of, just something to make the character appear attacking and moving - and something different from zero to appear in the meters - and lots and lots of damage taken, of course).

    As to gating mechanic and boring leveling - I'd have an easier time with them just making character boosts free, if you have a level 90. Maybe there should be a cooldown on that - eg, one level 90 a month or one level 90 a raid tier / arena season. That's bad for FotMs, but it's miles better than the same but paid-for. The main problem I have with the paid boost is that this is one more extra payment in a sub-based game and one more step down the road to p2w.
    Last edited by rda; 2014-01-20 at 12:58 PM.

  20. #720
    Quote Originally Posted by Babzu View Post
    All those years we made fun of the people saying. "If they sell server transfers whats stoping them from selling gear or max lvl characters? We thought such connection would never happen, since blizzard knows better.
    peopel always knew they eventually will happen when wow will loose enough playerbase that blizzard will need to look for $$$$ in microtransactions like other games -_-

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •