Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    First of all they aren't selling max levels. If they decide to let people buy 90s it will be after the expansion is out and the cap will be 100. You still have to level through the new content.

Second, I really wish people would shut the hell up unless they can atleast give a reason why something is bad. 99% of these stupid post about any "slippery slope", people never say what is wrong with it or what damage it can cause. They always just claim its bad because it just is. Either provide a true reason why this is bad and what problems will it cause or shut up, that simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BassZ1890 View Post
    Maybe not, but what about the new front page post? Yeah, its still being "tested" but it kinda blatantly states...

It may not be happening yet and it may never happen, but we can at lest state that Blizzard is experimenting with the idea of selling character upgrades.
    Absolutely. But saying they are, for sure, officially, right now, is untrue.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    I'm sorry but.. the over-reacting never ends, does it?
    Never ever. Long live forums! :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    And this is the naive attitude that has ruined most things in this game.
    The naive attitude about how when things don't impact you in *any* way shape or form you shouldn't care about them? Yeah, care to elaborate?

Of course, your attitude is "The game should be a massive grind for no reason even if it isn't fun because WoW is my life and not a game" right? Shocking.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    No they're not. Don't make things up.
    They pretty much confirmed they'd be selling them in the lastest update. Wanting to remove the need to buy a second copy of the game to get more free 90s.

As for selling it during MoP, that isn't so clear.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post
    Oh, here's the "Super Moderator" to defend everything Blizzard does.

Check this out. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/124...port-1-16-2014

Bolster the Ranks.

"We’ve also heard feedback from players that they’d be interested in boosting multiple characters to 90, including alts they play with friends on other factions and realms. We’ve been evaluating ways to make that possible without having players go through roundabout methods (such as purchasing multiple boxes and performing multiple character transfers), and in the near future we’ll be testing out a feature that gives you the option to purchase a character upgrade directly."
    Yes. Testing it out. That's not official, it's not happening right now, and it could possibly never happen. I'm only objecting to someone stating unequivocally that they are selling level 90 boosts, right now in game.

that's not his role, and even if it was someone has to control and balance out all these retarded QQ blizzard sucks, i love TBC BEST EVA, LFR killed WoW, whats the wow Subs loss, omg buy 2 win threads. frankly it's fucking sickening and pretty obvious why the community doesn't exist anymore for mmo's because it's cool to hate everything and cry about it.

Check this out. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/124...port-1-16-2014

Bolster the Ranks.

"We’ve also heard feedback from players that they’d be interested in boosting multiple characters to 90, including alts they play with friends on other factions and realms. We’ve been evaluating ways to make that possible without having players go through roundabout methods (such as purchasing multiple boxes and performing multiple character transfers), and in the near future we’ll be testing out a feature that gives you the option to purchase a character upgrade directly."
    Oh, and here's Destil, defending Blizzard's choice because it doesn't impact you AT ALL.

You don't have to partake in it.

Does it simply bother you that others aren't going down the route you're not?

That seems to be the reason everyone also hates LFR.

Please use logic. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    As for your D3 argument, people bought weapons and armor in D2. All Blizzard was trying to do was try and get their cut.
    And cut the scammers out of the equation.

Plenty of gear got bought and sold for real $ back in D2 as well.

P.S. Blizzard's cut was reasonable, if anyone gouged on the RMAH it was fucking Paypal. Those crooks.

That's not the same thing and the OP pointed out the difference. He said that they're officially selling them AND giving you one in the expansion. They have not said they are; they've only done a little bit of research into the possibility which doesn't mean it'll happen.
    Interesting interpretation...

"We’ve been evaluating ways to make that possible without having players go through roundabout methods (such as purchasing multiple boxes and performing multiple character transfers), and in the near future we’ll be testing out a feature that gives you the option to purchase a character upgrade directly. We’ll have more information to share later—including details on our character-upgrade plans for Asian regions where players don’t buy expansion boxes—but you’ll start seeing pieces of the process soon on the PTR, so keep an eye out."

They're going beyond doing a bit of research into the possibility, they are announcing that they will be testing it and that pieces of that process will be on the PTR soon. There's a half dozen things that could either kill the idea or promote it still, but I'd say it's clear they are moving forward with that plan. Sugar coating it as a vague possibility (which is exactly what you did as part of accurately refuting that they aren't officially selling it yet) does no one any favors.

Quote Originally Posted by Berethos08 View Post

"We’ve been evaluating ways to make that possible without having players go through roundabout methods (such as purchasing multiple boxes and performing multiple character transfers), and in the near future we’ll be testing out a feature that gives you the option to purchase a character upgrade directly. We’ll have more information to share later—including details on our character-upgrade plans for Asian regions where players don’t buy expansion boxes—but you’ll start seeing pieces of the process soon on the PTR, so keep an eye out."

They're going beyond doing a bit of research into the possibility, they are announcing that they will be testing it and that pieces of that process will be on the PTR soon. There's a half dozen things that could either kill the idea or promote it still, but I'd say it's clear they are moving forward with that plan. Sugar coating it as a vague possibility does no one any favors.
    Tbh all I can think of when I think of this situation with the instant 90 is this:

Blizzard says they may release an item that allows you to level faster.

They put an experience booster potion on the Chinese Market.

Everyone assumes it's coming to US and EU markets and will "ruin the game".

Never came.

Derp.

No they're not. Don't make things up.
    In addition, when you pre-purchase either digital version, we’re going to grant you your level-90 boost at the time of pre-purchase. That’s a little different from the plan we laid out at BlizzCon, but based on the feedback, it’s obvious that many of you would like the chance to get acquainted with a new class before heading into the expansion. This will also give more players the opportunity to experience the current end-game content and the events leading up to Garrosh’s exodus to Draenor. Maybe you’ll get your Legendary cloak from Wrathion and level 90–100 Heirloom weapon in the process.
    It says that on the front page friend. So when you make your purchase you will be able to use it immediately before the expansion.

Yes. Testing it out. That's not official, it's not happening right now, and it could possibly never happen. I'm only objecting to someone stating unequivocally that they are selling level 90 boosts, right now in game.
    I would read what Bash posted, how because people would exploit it anyway buying multiple accounts they have decided to not give a damn rather than stop the movement of instant 90s between accounts.

What they would be testing is how to limit each account to 1 90 and not let somebody move a ton of 90s around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berethos08 View Post

They're going beyond doing a bit of research into the possibility, they are announcing that they will be testing it and that pieces of that process will be on the PTR soon. There's a half dozen things that could either kill the idea or promote it still, but I'd say it's clear they are moving forward with that plan. Sugar coating it as a vague possibility (which is exactly what you did as part of accurately refuting that they aren't officially selling it yet) does no one any favors.
    Absolutely true - I'm not saying they're not exploring it or even intending it. I'm saying that to say they already are doing it, officially, in game now, is wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    It says that on the front page friend. So when you make your purchase you will be able to use it immediately before the expansion.
    Again, that's not the same thing!

Put simply:

-It's highly likely.

-It's not yet officially confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    I would read what Bash posted, how because people would exploit it anyway buying multiple accounts they have decided to not give a damn rather than stop the movement of instant 90s between accounts.

What they would be testing is how to limit each account to 1 90 and not let somebody move a ton of 90s around.
    Someone choosing to buy more than one expansion to get more than one 90 is exploiting the system. That's not Blizzard selling multiple level 90 boosts.

Absolutely. But saying they are, for sure, officially, right now, is untrue.
    True, very true. Its still a, frightening for many, thought that its being considered. Personally, I don't really care either way but I find it rather interesting to see Blizzard considering this move. After all they were the ones who said they wanted people to level and see the older content and such. Now seeing that this "could" become a possibility it makes me wonder what exactly made them change their minds on the matter.

I guess they can use the Blizzcon excuse "WoW is more fun with friends" which is totally true but that seems like something that should have been obvious a long time ago. Honestly, it would be interesting to see what happens in the future and just how far stuff like this will go and how this will affect things like low level BG's and LFD for those who actually want to level.

I digress though and am drifting off topic. There may be a lot of exaggeration in this topic but with the one fact we have, IE they are considering it as an option, I can see why many are jumping the gun and overreacting to this. Who knows, buying 90's may be limited to the same areas that have the XP boost store items or it may never see the light of day. *shrug*
    #GarroshDidNothingWrong #TeamLightboundGarrosh
    #EXMVP

Then all of you who just can't cope with this should just stop playing the game and move on with your lives, and stop involving the rest of us in your neuroses.
    Feel like you have a target on your back around here?

Knowing this place, you probably do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BassZ1890 View Post
    True, very true. Its still a, frightening for many, thought that its being considered. Personally, I don't really care either way but I find it rather interesting to see Blizzard considering this move. After all they were the ones who said they wanted people to level and see the older content and such. Now seeing that this "could" become a possibility it makes me wonder what exactly made them change their minds on the matter.

I guess they can use the Blizzcon excuse "WoW is more fun with friends" which is totally true but that seems like something that should have been obvious a long time ago. Honestly, it would be interesting to see what happens in the future and just how far stuff like this will go and how this will affect things like low level BG's and LFD for those who actually want to level.

I digress though and am drifting off topic. There may be a lot of exaggeration in this topic but with the one fact we have, IE they are considering it as an option, I can see why many are jumping the gun and overreacting to this. Who knows, buying 90's may be limited to the same areas that have the XP boost store items or it may never see the light of day. *shrug*
    Honestly I don't want to see level 90 boosts for money. I really don't. One, it makes me feel like my work to get my 9 90's is invalidated. Two, it just opens up the door to other boosts I don't even want to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Tbh all I can think of when I think of this situation with the instant 90 is this:

Blizzard says they may release an item that allows you to level faster.

They put an experience booster potion on the Chinese Market.

Everyone assumes it's coming to US and EU markets and will "ruin the game".

Never came.

Derp.
    At BlizzCon a lot of people brought up their intent to just buy multiple copies of the expansion to get multiple boosts. It was always going to be possible, and if that's something people would like to do we'd rather their experience not be opening new accounts and paying for character transfers just to get additional boosts. -Bash

Sounds pretty clear they plan on supporting the western market with this