Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Played since vanilla. Can emphatically say good players with motivation will get things done, scrubs who buy ebay accounts or yes, take advantage of an official "90 boost" preorder promotion will still not keep good, motivated players from getting it done.

Scrubs abound. Scrubs will always abound, because you're born knowing nothing, not everything, and it's easier to not learn than to learn. Some people get a free 90. Ahhh oh my god XK end of the world scenario.

Except not. If it really really rubs you the wrong way so badly that you don't want to play anymore, you probably are at a point where you should stick to single player only games.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffler View Post
    "Oh not they are selling something to someone that affects me in no way shape or form"

"Ahhhhhhh"

-MMO Chmapion users
    OMG A PRICE-TAG WITHIN A PRICE-TAG WITHIN A PRICE-TAG!!

No need for fine print, these people are ignorant enough to sign the dotted line before reading the terms.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Babzu View Post
    All those years we made fun of the people saying. "If they sell server transfers whats stoping them from selling gear or max lvl characters? We thought such connection would never happen, since blizzard knows better.

Then they removed the faction limit and sold faction changes.....ok not that big of a deal, a little bit of worry spread the forums, but most people learned to accept it.

Now they are officially selling lvl 90 characters, even offering you a lvl 90 while the lvl 90 expansion is still out. This is officially, for me and my personal comfort level, too far. Wow has changes and so design physiology changes with it. It will continent you do so, iv spent much time in wow thinking that they made some mistakes and they will simply get back on track with the epic gameplay choices they made in the past.

But I realize now, that im simply an outdated customer, and that few of these things are mistakes. They are simply shifts to a new style of game, one that does not catch my fancy. Im more of an oldschool RPG fan, wow back in TBC hit my personal favorite balance on the genre. Wow is still a good game to some, but its not the same game. Do I feel its fair? Not really. I wish they would open up oldschool servers to support the fans of wow past. But there are always other ways to do that.

Blizzard seems under the impression that "less people are playing mmos in general" but I dont think that is a result of the consumer, as much as it is a result of the lack of a true mmo products. (This one could be opinion, but for me this is true, I still love mmos, I just dont know of any REAL mmos these days)
    All I see here is another person who can't handle change and who thinks a game will stay the same for 10 years.
    "This 10 year old game doesn't cater to me and me alone! I'm such a victim! Blizzard hates me!"

Well, you seem to have grown out of the game. To be expected, we all will in the end.

I wish you could get with the times, or perhaps just get over a game that you quite obviously are still obsessed with but in denial about it.
    There's plenty of other MMO's out there, you can have a go at them and then you can come back to WoW when you've realized the grass isn't greener.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    OMG A PRICE-TAG WITHIN A PRICE-TAG WITHIN A PRICE-TAG!!

No need for fine print, these people are ignorant enough to sign the dotted line before reading the terms.
    I'm sure you've got it all figured out and you've got all the solutions for everything. Infact, it's amazing how you haven't made billions on your obvious expertise and insight.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    The slippery slope has only started, to be honest, OP. From here on, and the increased frequency of shop mounts and decreased frequency of new ingame mounts (not talking about wolf reskins) and actual fun ingame content (for example, awesome quest to get mount, or achievement, or whatever) has just made the slippery slope ride a lot faster.
    And yet I don't see a mecha scorpion on the shop. You have no idea how bad I want that.

Deleted
    People's jimmies getting overrustled over nothing. Unless they come with 522+ gear, maxed out proffs, a ton of achievements and mounts, THEN and ONLY THEN can you complain. As of now most of your lot are nothing different then any random village idiot shouting at the marketcenter that he's the son of God.

Go ahead and pretend the sky is falling on your skulls and announce that Blizzard sucks and that you're unsubbing whiel chestthumping yourself like a silverback gorilla, you dense idiots.

You are buying the expansion, and getting a levelling perk.
    You are NOT buying a max level character.
    You are not paying more for the expansion to get that, but the same price as before.

An extra included at no extra cost is not the same as buying something.

Experienced players are often whining on here about how boring the levelling process is, and yet when they get a chance to reduce that hugely they whine about that instead.
    Hypocrites.

Even seen threads suggesting removal of the levelling process entirely.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Dex View Post
    I remember a time when the community would be outraged at even the mention of leveling boosters, or anything in the in-game shop except mount or pets.
    Leveling used to be a journey. You found interesting and new things each time, you met new people and formed new friendships and connections with people.
    Leveling used to mean something.

fast forward to the present, to a thread on mmo-champion, in a thread called "the slippery slope has finally ended", and you'll mostly find people defending blizzard instead of giving constructive critisism on something that used to be taboo. If you had critisism about their decision, you apparently had to be terrible at the game. You're told that it doesn't affect you since you already have a max leveled character.

The thing is, it does affect us. this game used to be about community, a thing that have slowly deteriorated over the years, as they put in LFR, cross realm play, and many other things. Am i saying all changes to the game was bad? Absolutely not. I'm just saying that people's priorities have changed, but to me, and other people, it hasn't changed for the better.

Players change, it doesn't mean some of us have to like it.
    You have things backwards. The community didn't get worse because of LFR, cross realm, easy leveling, etc. Things like that changed because the community changed. Without LFR, cross realm, easy leveling, etc. you'd still have the same community, only with 90% less people... You can try to force people to level from 1-100, find their own groups, be social, but all you will do is make people quit. If people want to be social, they will be, no matter what and the ones that don't want to be social, never will, especially not when you force them. Leveling slowly to catch up to friends will not make the social, or stay at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally don't agree with the idea of Blizz selling additional 90s, but I'm not hyperbolic enough to call that 'pay to win'.

Getting an instant level 90 with crap green gear, on the verge of a new level 100 expansion no less, is about as far removed from 'winning' WoW as it gets. If it was a level 90 with a full set of Siege gear or something, I would totally be like OKAY WTF BLIZZARD.

But a 90 in greens with 0 achievements, 0 progress toward the legendary, 0 pieces of 'real' gear? No. Not winning.

I'm at 7 level 90s and 10+ alts between level 8 and level 78. So I'm more than happy to get a free boost for one of them. No interest at all in buying extra 90s though.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as the micro-transactions does not break the game people shouldn't care at all.
    Valid concerns will be lifted if gear with stats can be bought in shop, that will affect every single aspect of the end-game thus everyone.

The rest are whining mostly from people who don't have money on their own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    You are not paying more for the expansion to get that, but the same price as before.

An extra included at no extra cost is not the same as buying something.

Experienced players are often whining on here about how boring the levelling process is, and yet when they get a chance to reduce that hugely they whine about that instead.
    Hypocrites.

Even seen threads suggesting removal of the levelling process entirely.
    Yep I agree with all of these points myself.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think the biggest thing that isn't mentioned is the fact that Blizzard is making it too easy to quit WoW.

If you dont have to invest time into something and not work hard at it, its easy to leave behind. "Oh don't worry, we'll boost you again when you decide to come back" is the way it looks like we are heading.

If you look back at all the changes that have been made over the last 4-5 years, we should have seen this coming a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by geewhiz80 View Post
    Well technically in a round-a-bout kinda way they are officially selling them, it just requires you to purchase a copy of the expansion first.
    So they aren't really selling a max level character of the current expansion, it will be from the LAST expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    All I see here is another person who can't handle change and who thinks a game will stay the same for 10 years.
    "This 10 year old game doesn't cater to me and me alone! I'm such a victim! Blizzard hates me!"

Well, you seem to have grown out of the game. To be expected, we all will in the end.

I wish you could get with the times, or perhaps just get over a game that you quite obviously are still obsessed with but in denial about it.
    There's plenty of other MMO's out there, you can have a go at them and then you can come back to WoW when you've realized the grass isn't greener.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sure you've got it all figured out and you've got all the solutions for everything. Infact, it's amazing how you haven't made billions on your obvious expertise and insight.
    Well I know I do, but it's these fools who keep blindly spend mommies money on shit that should be part of the fucking service we already pay for.

It's not the money, but the principle.

Nobody cares about leveling content, and complaining about letting you skip it is just being dramatic.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    If they go through with the paid character boost - and it seems like they will go through with it - then yes, they will absolutely use the "look, the expansion includes a character boost, that's $X value which you are getting for free" line, so...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    Nobody cares about leveling content, and complaining about letting you skip it is just being dramatic.
    Generalizations like this are a waste of space.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by susaku View Post
    Back then, leveling met a journey, yes, that much is true, but even back then, a lot of people had fun wth the journey...what, once or twice? Maybe? When leveling alts that content quickly became a bore and quite frankly, a huge chore. And while yes, the community may have changed, that very thing hasn't. This was even apparant at BC and Wrath, and has been growing increasingly problematic with every expansion. I was all for leveling a new warlock, but by the time I hit the Burning Crusade block for the third time, the wind was knocked out of me.

Boosting to level 90 atleast somewhat helps against this issue, and will continue to in for many of my future characters.

And I despise the fact that apparantly, according to some others in this thread, this means that I am part of this new community that people are so toxic about(with reason, don't get me wrong.)
    Oh don't worry, the rational people won't view you as toxic. The toxic players are the ones who states that all who can see the downsides with the new changes must be terible at the game etc. All players are different and like different things. There's no way to please everyone in a community this big.
    If some people find the new changes good, that's great, but some of us will still not like it. That doesn't make us people who looks through rose tinted goggles, or bad players. Just different players.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    You have things backwards. The community didn't get worse because of LFR, cross realm, easy leveling, etc. Things like that changed because the community changed. Without LFR, cross realm, easy leveling, etc. you'd still have the same community, only with 90% less people... You can try to force people to level from 1-100, find their own groups, be social, but all you will do is make people quit. If people want to be social, they will be, no matter what and the ones that don't want to be social, never will, especially not when you force them. Leveling slowly to catch up to friends will not make the social, or stay at all.
    I actually believe the community changed because they implented those functions, not the other way around.
    Sure, people had to level up if they wanted to catch up to their friends, the downside with implementing things as the LFG system meant severly reducing the chance of meeting new, in-game friends, with all need of communication removed.

As i said before, implementing these things doesn't make it a worse game. Different players, different tastes. I just despise some of the earlier comments, such as the one saying that i must be bad at the game for criticising Blizzards new implementations.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Babzu View Post
    snip
    lvl 90 boost is not max lvl char for WOD which has a cap of 100. I have already couple of 90s. I would not be too happy about levelling another and doing the same stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    And this is the naive attitude that has ruined most things in this game.
    While I agree that buying into a lv 90 char is silly, I think you and the others are being overly dramatic about it all. 99% of the game happens at 90, not before. Levelling up hardly qualifies for anything, it's not even a challenge. It's honestly nothing but their loss, as they won't see the lore and history discovered during the level phase. So the worst that happens to everyone else is that you get another 90 ignorant fool who can't play. Guess what, 90% of the player base is that already and they don't care. Get over it. Even if they sold lv 100 chars in WoD, that would still not hurt your game. And they'd still have to actually play the content to see it. I'm all for Blizzard bashing, since they are a bunch of monkeys when it comes to design decisions, but this is one of their better ideas, because it may actually bring new blood into the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    Well I know I do, but it's these fools who keep blindly spend mommies money on shit that should be part of the fucking service we already pay for.

It's not the money, but the principle.
    Assuming that people who want it spend their mommy's money instead of their own and that principles are same for everyone is ridiculous.

If it were 10€ for new 90 and I would be changing server/faction I would most likely pay it and do what I want to do. I earn money and I would rather pay up for this catch up mechanic then do for the Nth time all 1-90 content that I did lots of times already and am bored with. That + waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    lvl 90 boost is not max lvl char for WOD which has a cap of 100. I have already couple of 90s. I would not be too happy about levelling another and doing the same stuff.
    If you aren't too happy about leveling another char, that's a gameplay problem. It can and should be solved via in-game means, like 3x or 10x heirlooms, or even a free boost to 90 with a CD of one month for every char of 100 that you have. Plenty of options.

The issue with what Blizzard are doing is that they are taking money to skip parts of the game, and that's extra money in a sub-based game.