Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Does Blizz realize there is an easy way to get mass gold cross faction?

The Pet Trade.

I got an Ethereal Soul Trader on Alliance, made a level 1 toon, bam, 65k gold on horde via AH on a level 1.

Is this supposed to be happening, and if so, why can't we send gold cross faction if this is so blatantly obvious/abused/easy?

*note, EST is a TGC Pet but still, this trick can be done with ANY pet that isn't character specific or account bound..I've transferred over 100k to Horde from Alliance via the pet trade..

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

How is this so blatantly obvious? I didn't even know if it
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    The Pet Trade.

I got an Ethereal Soul Trader on Alliance, made a level 1 toon, bam, 65k gold on horde via AH on a level 1.

Is this supposed to be happening, and if so, why can't we send gold cross faction if this is so blatantly obvious/abused/easy?

*note, EST is a TGC Pet but still, this trick can be done with ANY pet that isn't character specific or account bound..I've transferred over 100k to Horde from Alliance via the pet trade..
    The gold is still staying within the server so what's the problem?

They probably do but don't care. Why would they? Actually making a change takes effort.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

AH fees.
    Obtaining a pet worth lots of gold(not easy on low-med pop servers).
    Selling a pet for a lot of gold(not easy on low-med pop servers).
    It is not a direct transfer of gold and they are more than aware of people doing this as every pet forum, including the official blizzard one has posts suggesting people do this.

The Pet Trade.

1) It's not obvious. Not everyone thinks about caging on one side and reselling on another. Most of the people who do this already know how to work the AH

2) It's not easy. You have to a pet that will sell for a lot on the other side. This means you either spend a lot of gold on that toon and just essentially transfer it.

3) I'd say it's not that abused as there is only so much product to do it with.

4) It's not game breaking or anything like that. It's still selling an item and swapping it over but you lose gold in the process via fees. So in a way they essentially filter out some gold (a little amount, but some) from the economy.

-Yes you can do this via TCG pets.
    -Also mounts, or really any valuable commodity.
    -Why can't we mail gold cross faction? Mostly technical issues.
    -I think they're "looking into it".
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    The gold is still staying within the server so what's the problem?
    I don't think you understand. Pets are account bound. I trade gold from Lightbringer alliance to Area 52 horde. Because it's ALL account bound.

Say your alliance pet gets a rare drop pet from a raid or whatever. Learn the pet so that it's in your account, go to another server, another faction, voila, pet is there. Cage it. AH it. Profit.
    Last edited by Master Guns; 2014-01-17 at 06:41 AM.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

10+ Year Old Account
    ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̡͌l
    The amount you can transfer is still pretty limited. 65k really isn't very much nowadays. Also, despite you possessing gold on different servers, the amount of gold on said servers doesn't change. You're actually moving goods that have no base value cross server.

Well, the problem I see isn't cross-faction, it's cross-realm. Cross-faction trading is already possible with the NAH. Cross-realm, on the other hand, messes with those server's economies.

Frankly, though, I still don't really care.

Deleted
    The Pet Trade.

It realy took you 1.5 years to figure that out huh? :P

I use this method to pay for a pet on other servers that I want that aren't on my main server. I think alot of pet collectors use this to fill the barn ^^

I don't think you understand. Pets are account bound. I trade gold from Lightbringer alliance to Area 52 horde. Because it's ALL account bound.

Say your alliance pet gets a rare drop pet from a raid or whatever. Learn the pet so that it's in your account, go to another server, another faction, voila, pet is there. Cage it. AH it. Profit.
    I understand perfectly well; the gold is still staying on the same server that the transaction occurred on so again, what's the problem?

yeah, i'm pretty sure anybody who is both mildly familiar with pet battling and has toons in more than one server or faction has already been doing this for a while.
    "Just because you read it on the internet, doesn't mean the person actually said it." - Thomas Jefferson

Deleted
    Been doing this for months
    Sell a pet worth 100K on a decently populated realm, buy back 160K worth of pets, sell on home server = win!

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    I understand perfectly well; the gold is still staying on the same server that the transaction occurred on so again, what's the problem?
    People removing objects of value from one server and moving them to another, I'm guessing. I don't particularly care one way or the other and honestly I think they may as well just make the AH work cross-server but it is still an inconsistency with the rest of the economy.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

I don't see the problem, and I don't see how it's so blatantly abused. How often does someone get a 65k pet and how often would someone want to sell that on the other faction?

This is how I got money when I started a different faction toon on another server. I just took the pets that drop out of old raids that I had 3 of and sold 1 of each, made a few thousand gold & had a nice savings for myself. I'm sure they are aware of it; they are the ones who made pets account-bound.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    People removing objects of value from one server and moving them to another, I'm guessing. I don't particularly care one way or the other and honestly I think they may as well just make the AH work cross-server but it is still an inconsistency with the rest of the economy.
    Since battle pets are account wide I think it's a bit strange to consider them server specific goods. I still prefer this method to the old one of server transferring a character from one server to another to pick up something rare as that caused a real change in the gold supply on each server.

Yeah been doing it for a while. Mainly when I wanted to PvP on my Priest a few months back and had no gold for gems/enchants, just ran TK/SSC/Karazhan a couple times on my Alliance characters on a different realm, got like 5 pets, sold them all on my Horde Priest for plenty of gold for all my PvP needs.

It is pretty obvious, but it's also incredibly useful. Hope they never change it, great way to get gold on another realm or faction, or even make gold really. Buy cheap pets on high pop realms, sell them on low pop realms for more gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just used this method to move about 75k gold from Bleeding Hollow Horde to Kel'thuzad Alliance a couple days ago. Wanted to play Alliance on a new server without being broke and not pay to transfer my characters. Just RaFing myself with a second account and an IRL friend made a new one just to do this. We use this method a lot to move gold between servers and factions.