Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    -Blizzard gives free lvl 90 characters
    -Blizzard wonders why 1-90 lvl zones are empty

10+ Year Old Account
    Just to complain, I'm looking forward to my free 90 as I am done with levelling in this game, I can't stand it.

15+ Year Old Account
    People think it's a bad thing, because they cannot see past their own nose.

People play this game differently, and as already stated in your OP, the game is getting 100 levels now. It's starting to get a bit overwhelming.

Being able to buy level 90's isn't a bad thing. Anyone thinking it is, need to open their eyes and realize the rest of the playerbase don't play exactly like them, or share the exact same views. Your views on what makes a game, isn't a fact. You don't even get blocked from creating other characters before and after, which you can level from scratch if you like. In fact, I think any new player starting off with a level 90 and staying in the game for a while, will at some point try the journey from scratch aswell. I just can't see why this level 90 boost is a problem. Not the free version that everyone gets, nor the option to buy one or more later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    I still think the Monk leveling quests should be given to all classes. Learning your CC, timing bursts and dealing with adds before the boss was a pretty great idea and it's a shame only Monks are taught that as part of the leveling process.
    They teach you that? Damn, I skipped those exp-boosting quests because I was levelling together with a friend, and my levelling would have gone too fast for him to keep up with me if I had taken that route.

Deleted
    I think what people mostly fear is the players that they will be with,

being in a WoD dungeon with some one who has no experience at all,

but that's where the '' grown ups '' we that have leveled and experienced

for so long should step in and explain what what is.

It's also the fact that people don't -Have- to buy a level 90. The option to level a character and experience all the quests and stories are still available.

Deleted
    Tbh normally I am against this stuff. But my first thought about a free 90 was "cool" so I guess it's alright, I am definitely using the free one. Won't be buying more as I still enjoy leveling characters sometimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Because the game is multi-player. Meaning other's skills in their class affect you.

No - I'm not an elitist, but I'd like people to at least have to TRY their best in their class, not PAY their best.
    *looks at LFR*

*looks at the low level experience*

Yeah.. I think the "learn while leveling-train" left the station a looong time ago.

Correct - it requires SOME knowledge of the class.
    No it doesn't.
    Queue for dungeons and mash the [any key]. DPS from other players is so vastly overtuned that no one will notice you not performing anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastyfish View Post
    Somehow it's cheating people who have given their lives to mastering the game.
    which is funny for one major reason.
    The constant QQ about dead realms, and declining base.
    The obvious and simple marketing gimmick would be to not bore the fuck out of people by making them lvl up to current content and just give them access, equal footing with everyone who is going to buy the Xpac.

Lets be real here. It's not about flooding the game with noobs.
    It's about cheating these people out of something they think everyone else should earn because it makes sure every new person cannot be on equal footing with the 24/7 casual elite, or a threat to surpass them. It's just one big drama bullshit so that middle-crappy tier of players can maintain what they think of as being good.

Thing is, a to 90 boost won't affect ANYONE except the people who are afraid of the competing aspect it can bring..
    I somehow feel sorry, i guess, for all those who felt the need to prove something to themselves and in addition to others by playing a game.

I just play for fun, im not interested in proving anything to anybody.But its true that what some consider fun is making others stand in awe before them, even in a virtual world.

Free 90s and even buying 90s doesn't matter. People just like to blow shit wayyyyyy out of proportion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Correct - it requires SOME knowledge of the class. It requires the person play it for a few days (or weeks or what ever).
    Might have been pointed out already, but they aren't unlocking all spells in one go when you get the instant level 90. That's what I read anyways. They haven't given out details how it will work yet.

Also. The part where you learn about your class while leveling, is long gone. You just learn that you get a lot of spells which you never need during the leveling process, then forget about by the time you reach max level. If you lack the dedication, you won't know they are there before someone tells you to use it in a group/raid at max level.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiandra View Post
    I think what people mostly fear is the players that they will be with,

being in a WoD dungeon with some one who has no experience at all,
    I think it's a bit deeper then that.

I think the fear is that some New insta 90 could do better then the guy who has been in the game for half a decade at the same class and build.
    I think that is an underlying terror for a lot of people and the root of the fear.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

I guess it might be considered "pay to win" (with "win" defined as something also obtainable in game by normal, gameplay-related means, like level 90 character in this case), because people can buy something instead of obtaining it normally.

I'm not too fussed about people with instant 90s being presumably unable to play their class (since there will be that DK-like starting experience), but an issue might be different I guess - that in subscription based game, there should be no addtional payment for in game things (like pets, mounts, race/faction changes, etc.) - I know a player who because of that, refuses to buy any of those on principle, for example.
    (I kind of agree with him... but I'm not fussed enough about it to not buy those things if I want them)

While I'm unlikely to buy that myself (I can level my alts just fine), I guess I'll use WoD's instant 90, because it will be there anyway.
    Last edited by Demoneq; 2014-01-17 at 08:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duridi View Post
    Also. The part where you learn about your class while leveling, is long gone. You just learn that you get a lot of spells which you never need during the leveling process, then forget about by the time you reach max level. If you lack the dedication, you won't know they are there before someone tells you to use it in a group/raid at max level.
    Also: It's instant 90. Not instant max level.
    Judging by the Pandaria leveling model the current content will be the only one that is even remotely teaching.
    On top of that you have the Trial thingy, which they want to expand.

99% of the players interested in their class read a guide anyway and the ones that aren't interested... well nothing at all will change for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Erathus View Post
    I somehow feel sorry, i guess, for all those who felt the need to prove something to themselves and in addition to others by playing a game.

I just play for fun, im not interested in proving anything to anybody.But its true that what some consider fun is making others stand in awe before them, even in a virtual world.
    Yea, totally.
    I just don't get it. It makes sense to me.. Hell they should go further and allow character cloning.
    Pay 30 bucks and dupe your toon to another server over having to regear your 10th disc priest. LOL ^_-
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

I like the concept of having one free level 90 on the expansion's arrival, the option to buy them later on down the track would completely ruin the leveling experience because of less and less players participating in it between 1 and 90. I'd propose an Ancient Elixir of Knowledge-solution instead, even if it is micro-transaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullhurley View Post
    I actually don't agree with the free 90 you get with the xpac, tells me Blizz does not care about anything below lvl 90 content enough to want folks to play it. To me that also means it will never get updated or made better and will just be faded out further and further and it is what made this game and the players who play it what they are today good, bad or indifferent.

All the folks that leveled over the years when it was hard and became increasingly easier and easier get shit on by this in my opinion. Remember warlock and shaman quests FFS? Oh well, guess we will see what happens.

Interesting point.

For Mop I friends and Family chain leveled toons to save up to grant a Monk a free ride to cata. ( that is like a few 70s and lower lvl toons, done in a short time period)
    Made a second monk, and leveled from one to max In TOF down time.
    All that work to bypass the process of leveling was to support the need for a MW in my 25 man asap.

Why should it be THAT complex and stupid to just get something done?
    Why would curiosity about the game and other classes suddenly not be there because you have a max lvl toon?
    I see why it would be shitty if the game was SOLO, but due to the fact you interact with different people playing different builds of different classes, you will eventually want to try it out. Rite?
    Maybe the critical failure over this is the fact people forget the MM in the MMORPG is a huge factor in provoking people to want to try other classes, and thus the old content.
    The rare birds in WOW are the ones with only ONE toon total... come on now.

I'm against it mainly for the reason that I'm gonna have to be 10x more careful while recruiting because someone might not know how to play their class at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ElChig View Post
    A free 90 would be great but PAYING for a 90 is NOT FREE. People say this is pay to win because it gives people who spend more money an unfair advantage. Hence instead of playing to win they are paying to win.

I'm all for easy lvl 90 alts IF it is a reward for gameplay (in game achievements or currency)
    How does anyone win by having a 90 toon given to them?! Not sure how you win a game like this at all.

I really don't care i enjoyed leveling the toons i have and if people buy theirs from now on they are missing out on some fun content. If people have done it so many times its just a grind then let them buy a 90.

Deleted
    If it's in it's ok. If not then it's ok as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lokoz View Post
    I'm against it mainly for the reason that I'm gonna have to be 10x more careful while recruiting because someone might not know how to play their class at all.
    Yes but then again changing servers is far easier if i can just get 90 on X server instead of leveling from lvl 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Duridi View Post
    People think it's a bad thing, because they cannot see past their own nose.

People play this game differently, and as already stated in your OP, the game is getting 100 levels now. It's starting to get a bit overwhelming.

Being able to buy level 90's isn't a bad thing. Anyone thinking it is, need to open their eyes and realize the rest of the playerbase don't play exactly like them, or share the exact same views. Your views on what makes a game, isn't a fact. You don't even get blocked from creating other characters before and after, which you can level from scratch if you like. In fact, I think any new player starting off with a level 90 and staying in the game for a while, will at some point try the journey from scratch aswell. I just can't see why this level 90 boost is a problem. Not the free version that everyone gets, nor the option to buy one or more later.
    I'm sure Blizzard is aiming this free 90 at new, potential customers. It's an obvious cash grab when aimed at their loyal long-term customers. Anyways, I can't see them reeling a whole lot of new customer's with game cost, sub cost, and additional level 90 character costs. IMO the game is getting far to costly for those who haven't invested already and those who have invested heavily have no use for the service other than to just play.

My guess is that an insta-90 would run 35 to 40 USD, this way they wont be undermining server transfers and faction changes.

Anyways conditioning at its best, 100 levels is far to much, you should buy 90 of them, if we nerf your class... You can buy 90 more FotM pewpew! Good on you Blizzard looking out for your customers!