Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Can't handle it!!

So, story short, I don't really dislike Rift, in fact I think it's the only game which has good high-end pve content except wow. Now, I tried playing Rift many many times... And I ended up on like level 30. My problem is, is that when I turn around, mouse lags and camera turns by itself, and it's very annoying. I searched hours and hours for fix, but I didn't find anything. I just tried game again and it has absolutely same problem. Some people claim that they fixed it by changing mouse, but I don't wanna do it. Something like that never happened in any other mmo I played: wow, la2, swtor, tsw, gw2 etc. . I also contacted support, needless to say they said that issue was fixed... Please if you fixed it somehow let me know, I really wanna play and enjoy it! I just can't see myself perform well in dungeons with this lame turning bug.

15+ Year Old Account
    hey, can you possibly maybe record ur in game using the available options in Rift to record gameplay footage and upload it to youtube so we can see what you are talking about? I dont know if this would show us what you're trying to describe but it might give us a idea as to what is really happening.

Not my video, but it's the same as mine. When I turn with right mouse button it bugs a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is mine.

What mouse are you using? That's the first I've seen of that bug so I feel it may have to do with your mouse/mouse software.

Razor naga. Again it's only Rift, and I just tried it again, it happens almost every minute, and very hard not to notice !

10+ Year Old Account
    Turn down your mouse DPI - it's too high. That's what is causing that - common bug with high DPI mice from what I've read on Rift forums.

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    Turn down your mouse DPI - it's too high. That's what is causing that - common bug with high DPI mice from what I've read on Rift forums.
    It didn't help at all sadly( I put it on around 1000) . I tried my old razor mouse and it doesn't lag. Why do I have to use another mouse just to play Rift.

Playing with an old but still awesome logitech mx518. Never saw that hapenning.

Quote Originally Posted by Malderon View Post
    It didn't help at all sadly( I put it on around 1000) . I tried my old razor mouse and it doesn't lag. Why do I have to use another mouse just to play Rift.
    No clue. I'd imagine the software for that specific mouse is causing some kind of issue with the client. It's one of those things where it's not a big enough priority for Trion to figure out what the problem is since it likely affects very few people, and Razer can always blame Trion. So it's likely it will remain in the game for quite some time : /

10+ Year Old Account
    Ironically I broke my naga's middle mouse button/scrollwheel while playing Rift and never got to see this bug. Razer mice are terrible, if it can't handle a few middleclicks I wonder how many of them pro gamers go through

Quote Originally Posted by WarpKnight View Post
    Ironically I broke my naga's middle mouse button/scrollwheel while playing Rift and never got to see this bug. Razer mice are terrible, if it can't handle a few middleclicks I wonder how many of them pro gamers go through
    That's purely anecdotal. I've had a Razer Naga for about 4 years now and the left mouse button has just now started to give out. I'd say I got my $65 out of it.

As far as the issue in Rift, no ideas on how to fix other than the DPI suggestion earlier in the thread.

I used a Razer Naga up till about a year ago with Rift. It gave me no such issues as the OP.

However, my new mouse is a g700 from time to time and only with certain games the mouse pointer randomly clicks off screen. Or I go into a dizzying spin. This happens somewhat regularly in Diablo 3 with the new mouse. Occasionally in Rift, Tera and Raiderz.

I suspect it is the mouse software because plugging in any other mouse gives no problems.

Perhaps taking a look at the Razer software is worthwhile.

I did not know anyone even still played RaiderZ : P

RaiderZ was just released on Steam so the population has taken a pretty decent jump.

Quote Originally Posted by Underscore View Post
    MX518 best mouse ever made.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Underscore View Post
    I don't play rift but I have the same mouse for like EVER and it is not only indestructible it is pure awesomeness.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    I don't play rift but I have the same mouse for like EVER and it is not only indestructible it is pure awesomeness.
    Next logical upgrade would be an G500s then. But I agree, MX518 is good design - I Myself used the originale G5 for long, witch is great aswell, kinda same design as MX518.

Anywho seems like an odd issue. Never had it myself.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Next logical upgrade would be an G500s then. But I agree, MX518 is good design - I Myself used the originale G5 for long, witch is great aswell, kinda same design as MX518.

Anywho seems like an odd issue. Never had it myself.

ya i use the g500 logitech my self and never have a problem with it. I had a older logitech that had a similar design before it still works after like 10 years. though i just changed it because it was just so worn out.

Heh, I had a Logitech G5 for myself and my girlfriend forever. My g/fs broke a while back and of course they no longer made it so she got an MX518 as a replacement from Logitech on warranty. She loves it. My daughter spilled some apple juice on my G5 a few months back and killed it too, now using the G500. All awesome mice. Also never had any issues like the ones described with any of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I did not know anyone even still played RaiderZ : P
    id love to try it again since beta but gameguard is such a bitch to use

i actually had to disable my antivirus to play it..