one time say addon

hello i am a retribution paladin and as you might know i have an ability called avenging wrath that gives me wings i want to make a addon that says "Redbull gives you wings!!" only when i successfully cast avenging wrath can you please give me a lua code for this thanks in advance

tried
    local start, duration, enabled = GetSpellCooldown("Avenging Wrath");
    if enabled == 0 then
    SendChatMessage("Redbull gives you wings!","SAY")
    end

not working for some reason
    Last edited by Metealp1; 2014-01-17 at 02:18 PM.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Uhm can't you just macro that? /cast Avenging Wrath /say Your text here
    Retired in WoD

Quote Originally Posted by suprep View Post
    Uhm can't you just macro that? /cast Avenging Wrath /say Your text here
    Code:
    #showtooltip Avenging Wrath
    /use Avenging Wrath
    /say Redbull gives you wings!
    You could also use the following to give it more emphasis.
    /yell Redbull gives you wings!
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's like swatting flies with a shotgun.

The thing is i dont want to spam it, i want something that will say only once regardless of how many times i press

Quote Originally Posted by Metealp1 View Post
    The thing is i dont want to spam it, i want something that will say only once regardless of how many times i press
    Have you looked into http://www.wowace.com/addons/speakinspell/ ? Granted it's an additional addon, but it appears to be configurable enough to do exactly as you want.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's like swatting flies with a shotgun.

yes i did but it does a lot of things that i dont like for example: it says stupid things when i mount vs. couldn't found anyway to disable it besides a lua code should be simple enough i made lua codes before but not sure how to it on a spell

In order to account for all possibilities you'd have to use Lua, and it might not even fit in a macro

I use Raeli's Spell Announcer for this, it's pretty good. You can customize which abilities to enable it on as well.

yes i did but it does a lot of things that i dont like for example: it says stupid things when i mount vs. couldn't found anyway to disable it besides a lua code should be simple enough i made lua codes before but not sure how to it on a spell
    besides there is add-ons to extend macros to 1025 i think or something like that

Not for nothing, these types of macros are one of the quickest ways to get added to ignore lists.

Regarding SpeakinSpell, you can easily delete all the pre-recorded events/speeches when you first install it, then add your own. It is character specific, so either just enable the addon for just your pally, or else run the following command on each toon:
    /speakinspell eraseall

This will delete every event that exists already, and you have a clean slate to start with.

The nice thing is that you can set all the different rules and timers, so it only does it on a successful cast, or you could set a timer, so something won't be able to go off more often than whatever your cooldown is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, I laughed at noobs who did this... they thought it was clever to make a certain ability do something. This tauren warrior who I shit on in a duel made his racial say "hulk smash" when he used it, but all that happened was that he was spamming "hulk smash" while I killed him in a stun.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

okay, if you want
    Code:
    /run local f=AWWatch;if not f then f=CreateFrame("Frame","AWWatch")f:RegisterEvent("UNIT_SPELLCAST_SUCCEEDED")f:SetScript("OnEvent",function(self,unit,spell)if unit=="player" and spell="Avenging Wrath" then SendChatMessage("Redbull gives you wings!")end;end)end
    /cast Avenging Wrath
    Last edited by pnutbutter; 2014-01-18 at 12:18 AM.

thank you pnutbutter is there anyway to make that an add-on?

wait, do you want an addon or not?

I want a lua add-on isn't what you wrote a macro?

10+ Year Old Account
    I want a lua add-on isn't what you wrote a macro?
    If you want an addon, use SpeakInSpell -_-
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    He just gave you a macro that does exactly what you want. Why the hell do you feel the need to have it in add-on form? Rofl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

would

f=AWWatch;if not f then
    f=CreateFrame("Frame","AWWatch")
    f:RegisterEvent("UNIT_SPELLCAST_SUCCEEDED")
    f:SetScript("OnEvent",function(unit,spell)if unit=="player" and spell="Avenging Wrath" then SendChatMessage("Redbull gives you wings!")end;end)
    end
    Work?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    He just gave you a macro that does exactly what you want. Why the hell do you feel the need to have it in add-on form? Rofl.
    why not? I don't use a macro extender atm I don't want to get it for just this just wondering if it is possible

Deleted
    Code:
    local f=CreateFrame("Frame")
    f:RegisterEvent("UNIT_SPELLCAST_SUCCEEDED")
    f:SetScript("OnEvent",function(self,unit,spell)if unit=="player" and spell="Avenging Wrath" then SendChatMessage("Redbull gives you wings!")end end)