Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Well you can try playing Tibia.

I know that Global Agenda 2 is suppose to be 100% PvP or something.

However, anyone who is willing to fund another Highrez project after GA1 and TA would be insane.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    To some degree, Archeage. Neither is available yet for play in the West.

Age of Wushu is a fairly new sandbox MMO with a large emphasis on PVP. It's a good game but some what obtuse and difficult to learn at first.

There is EvE Online as well. Though that is very different from DAOC. And it seems you want DAOC 2.0.

Nothing else I can think fits what you are looking for, OP. Your options will always be slim in the MMO genre.
    yea Im signed up for NA beta for Archeage it looks fun having watched some of the russian streams. EvE just didnt do it for me. The play felt really weird. Tried it a few times since it first came out back in 2003. I just miss the old days in UO where I would PK helpless miners and take their ore. Or kill some guy carrying his house key with recall rune. I remember PKing so many people on Christmas Day back in 1998 when I was home from college and just having tons of ore from all of them mining after starting out.. I wonder how many people I made quit that game lol.
    Last edited by Dabrix32; 2014-01-18 at 12:53 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterik View Post
    Well you can try playing Tibia.
    that one got too easy ...
    i remember a time where i would die tragically around lvl 30-40 ...

last time i played i raised a paladin from level 8 to 116 within a month. luckily when i started actively playing him he already had 80/ 80 skills thanks to offline training.
    as i said: toooo easy ... ^^

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrusader View Post
    that one got too easy ...
    i remember a time where i would die tragically around lvl 30-40 ...

last time i played i raised a paladin from level 8 to 116 within a month. luckily when i started actively playing him he already had 80/ 80 skills thanks to offline training.
    as i said: toooo easy ... ^^
    There is always the option to play in Ots, and its seem like the ots have more population than the retail server, mostly because people didnt like the changes of the pvp, a friend told me that the pvp is what they call the discoball, because wars are just aoe rune fest, now you get skull for using mws or people can walk over them and you can turn off the Friendly fire in party.

Deleted
    I wouldn't hold my breath on anything "soon".
    The closest ones are Camelot Unchained and Eve online devs vampire game... will they be out this year? No. Will they be out next year? No. Year after that? Well, who knows.
    Mmo-market overall is pretty stale atm, not much new around the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    I wouldn't hold my breath on anything "soon".
    The closest ones are Camelot Unchained and Eve online devs vampire game... will they be out this year? No. Will they be out next year? No. Year after that? Well, who knows.
    Mmo-market overall is pretty stale atm, not much new around the corner.
    On top of the two you just named there's: Starcitizen, Elite, EQN, EQL, TESO, WS, and a few I am probably not even aware of on the horizon.

How can you say it's stale when we have more MMOs coming out than ever of greater diversity than ever?

How can you say it's stale when we have more MMOs coming out than ever of greater diversity than ever?
    A lot of players view genres through their own narrow vision of likes/desires.

The audience and culture of video games is not particularly... awesome.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2014-01-19 at 05:41 AM.

I'm looking forward to Camelot Unchained. It won't be out for quite awhile though.

the closest thing you'll find what you want is Darkfall

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Firefall just announced they will have a massive no mans land zone where high quality resources and loot spawn.

Armies (guilds) can make treaties, back stab one another, ect. Some players may go out there just to hunt other players or to try and solo for loot.

When army specialization comes into play, you will probably see more industrial/crafting guilds hiring PMCs to protect them while they work.

It should be done within the year.
    Lots of stuff they have announced, but until they actually stick to a plan rather than make new ones every few months, then I have little faith.
    One of the biggest and best features the game could have had was scrapped before it even appeared, Horizontal Progression.
    I even put together a post on the forum stating how it could work in PvE offering progression and in PvP without breaking it.
    But most people criticising it replied with little more than "it won't work", with no reasons whatsoever.

They are now moving even further away from that with the "perks" system recently announced.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Lots of stuff they have announced, but until they actually stick to a plan rather than make new ones every few months, then I have little faith.
    One of the biggest and best features the game could have had was scrapped before it even appeared, Horizontal Progression.
    I even put together a post on the forum stating how it could work in PvE offering progression and in PvP without breaking it.
    But most people criticising it replied with little more than "it won't work", with no reasons whatsoever.

They are now moving even further away from that with the "perks" system recently announced.
    Yeah.

Mark is gone.

James is in control now.

Unlike Mark, James has had a much more clear direction, one which he eluded to even before Mark embezzled. Furthermore, as phobos has stated since .7, "We have neither the time nor money to go back and redo the base systems. We finish what we are working on and start on content".
    *which is why on the dev round table, the conversation about 2014 was all about content.
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2014-01-19 at 04:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac2 View Post
    MMOs are mostly pve centric games with added pvp aspect, a mini game in fact. Pvpers are minority in gamers world and are treated
    as such.
    How do you get wi-fi on that rock you live on?

If you want Real PVP and havnt looked into eve online yet i dunno why your posting here OP.

Define 'real PvP' before making such posts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yogzula View Post
    The problem with a lot of these free to play or "indie" mmos is that they are usually full of bugs, shitty mechanics, balance issues, etc.
    Sounds like most "AAA" MMOs.

Quote Originally Posted by alkyd View Post
    Define 'real PvP' before making such posts.
    *receives a vision of gaming 10 years from now*

Real PvP is where subscribers show up in a parking lot with swords and hack each other up until there is only 1 left standing.

The rest of you are just carebears??

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    A lot of players view genres through their own narrow vision of likes/desires.

The audience and culture of video games is not particularly... awesome.
    Well, tbh.. EQN is in what, alpha? People see it as next big launch and it's quite a bit away... will we even see it this year? ESO and WS are close ones, and that's that. Starcitizen is a bit of a niche game, not really an appeal to all big launch. Elite and EQL I can't even find on youtube, and I bet there are several mmos that aren't spoken about, I can see several on steam f2p for example, and if noone talks about them it's usually for a reason.
    So I still believe market is pretty stale, it's ESO and WS that are big and somewhat close to a launch in a somewhat near future. You also notice this when people are discussing games extremely far away to be close ones, like ArcheAge, Camelot unchained and so on. Last year we had like neverwinter and final fantasy to be the only new ones that a larger amount of people tried out, and firefall but firefall came, saw and took a break, and people left neverwinter... perhaps Final Fantasy the only somewhat decent according to people's overall opinions.
    So it's stale, perhaps if you are looking for quality, like I said there are probably a bunch of steam mmos that will launch every now and then, but they might be there more to show... not really anything any larger amount of people play. Sure you could count them as new games, but I just assume that people are more picky than that =)

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    and firefall but firefall came, saw and took a break
    Firefall only has it's starting zone.

It's at the same point where vindictus started it's closed beta.

It's going to be about 2 years before firefall is ready for "launch".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCrusader View Post
    show me a single game that achieved this
    WWIIOnline