Deleted

Question Conquest Catch Up

Myself and a friend are returning to PVP after a season and a half break and i was wondering did this mechanic make it to live and how does it work? We have done no rated PvP at all since we stopped playing during summer and would like to know how long it will take us to get the current conquest gear.

Login and press the pvp tab. You have a very high conquest cap. there you go

You probably have ~18000 conquest points til you cap. Hopefully you've got a good friend to help you win all those.

you get 1000 cp points per week on your cp cap. if for exemple the first week got 500 cp points and the 2nth week only 300 points. your cap wil be your normal cap + the 500 remaining from week 1 and 700 from week2. but for now it wil be indeed around 18k.

Deleted
    Thank you for your replies. I was a bit out of touch with the new UI but i can see now i can cap at 18500 points. This is going to take a few days i suspect as i am gearing two toons for the new season :P It is a great new feature as i remember you could only wait for the new season to get on an even footing in PvP not so long ago. I am playing a rogue and a hunter and was wondering is it still as easy running double dps in 2s?

Rogue/hunter will result in fast matches, one way or the other :P If you are behind the curve gear wise, I recommend tanking rating at first (leave que before entering for about 25 games, takes 5-10 minutes). It will bring your mmr down to the point where you can win 20-30 games in a row and see some pretty hilarious stuff

My bf and I have done this to gear up our last few alts and it makes the process so much smoother.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romandix View Post
    This is going to take a few days
    You will need to cap before the weekly reset, the extra cap does not carry over for the new week. Beware.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

I caught up pretty quickly having ~18000 conquest point cap. Got geared with almost full gear + weapon, and the rest I filled in with Tyrannical honor gear.

Takes quite a lot of wins, but it can be done in 1 day if you keep playing arena/rbg.

Quote Originally Posted by Joycemiester View Post
    You will need to cap before the weekly reset, the extra cap does not carry over for the new week. Beware.
    well unless they recently changed it does carry over...
    would be kinda bad to win a random bg earn a few cp and then lose the whole catch-up because you where not geared and wanted full honor gear first..

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    well unless they recently changed it does carry over...
    would be kinda bad to win a random bg earn a few cp and then lose the whole catch-up because you where not geared and wanted full honor gear first..
    Not worth risking and how recent are you talking about?
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Deleted
    They should add a valor buff thing to the big catch up caps (after you capped your main and only for the like 10k+ caps), takes way too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Joycemiester View Post
    Not worth risking and how recent are you talking about?
    about 6 month ago the cath up cap was just carrying over to my rogue with out a problem.

Deleted
    Catch up cap does carry over from week to week, otherwise 1 bg win would screw you over.

(Current week of the season) * 1000 – (Conquest earned thus far this season)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/839...yond-1_17_2013