10+ Year Old Account

How to solo Ultraxion as a hunter?

Hi everyone.

I'm trying to farm some old raid mounts. I tried soloing Ultraxion just 5 minutes ago, but in my attempts I couldn't get past 70%. There's a video on Youtube of a hunter soloing it, but I have no idea what's going on in that video, all I see is that the boss dies at the end, and that he was specced BM.

Has anyone attempted this?

Can you link to the video?

I tried solo'ing Ultraxion once aswell, but kept dying at 60% or so. The amount of dmg on both pet and myself were just way too much to be outhealed by Spirit Bond...

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hs2h3789yZ0

I can't see how he can manage it in BM. I tried it in MM too with a turtle, and even with Shell Shield, I couldn't cover the damage with my healing.

It seems as if he's rotating his Spirit Beasts to heal himself with Spirit Mend. http://www.wow-petopia.com/talents/s...tml#spiritmend

Mystery solved?

10+ Year Old Account
    How much of normal DS 10 is soloable right now? I want to start farming Madness 10N for the mount (only one im missing from there).

EDIT -- Just tried soloing Morchok. I'm blowing him up but he keeps casting Stomp fairly frequently and never phases (maybe my DPS is too high?). Stomps are nearly 1 shotting me, I cant deterrence them all. I am on 10 Normal btw.

Every video I see of hunter soloing this (with half my DPS I might add) they take 0 damage from stomp. What am I not understanding here?

EDIT #2 -- I am dumb. I stood at max range and never took any damage. It's always the simplest thing.

EDIT #3 -- Zon'ozz and Yor'sahj down quite easily (Though Yor hit my pet like a truck).

EDIT #4 -- Not pet swapping, after some trial and error feeling things out I got Ultrax to 6%. Should have a kill soon.
    Last edited by Supakaiser; 2014-01-18 at 05:03 AM.
    Tired of ElvUI and its various clones?

Try one of these:

Altz UI
    // RealUI // KaitUI // ls: UI

Deleted
    As far as I understood the post on elitistjerks, you need to use the tanking trinket from Iron Juggernaut. I tried it myself with the trinket as Marksmanship (simply because I didn't feel like getting a BM spec) and couldn't quite make it. My pet was just taking a little bit too much damage. I'm sure I was just messing up because it was way past midnight and I've only tried 3 times before getting bored, but there.

Was planning to try properly this weekend.

Keeping spirit beasts rotating is definitely the easiest way to do it assuming you have five of them. Took me 4 attempts at 578 ilvl this way (though I think 570ish is fine).

The IJ tank trinket method sounds pretty cool though. I'd like to try that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Supakaiser View Post
    How much of normal DS 10 is soloable right now?
    All of it is possible, however it's pretty tricky in later fights. Spine and Madness 25N have also been solo'd.

10+ Year Old Account
    So it all comes down to rotating Spirit Beasts and having Ilvl570+? I have 560 currently, guess I'll have to wait.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=102297 looks really good for such a fight. Has anyone killed Ultraxion without this trinket?

10+ Year Old Account
    Is Hagara solo possible? How do you connect the lightning pillars( or whatever they are called)?
    Would love to try solo some of this bosses, although I just might suck too much to do it. =P

The pillars don't need to be connected all at once, that was just a thing H25 did because the pulses hit so hard. You should be able to chain from one to the next with you and your pet with MoveTo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoKs View Post
    Is Hagara solo possible? How do you connect the lightning pillars( or whatever they are called)?
    Would love to try solo some of this bosses, although I just might suck too much to do it. =P
    You can use your pet to form the chain, through the Move To command. It takes some lucky positioning, and it might be tricky to stay alive with the stacking debuff.

However, with 560Ilvl, I could do it the easier way:
    I made sure the first phase would be ice (look at her weapons). I kept the cooldowns, and used all of them on her just after the ice phase. I didn't need to face a lightning phase and the fight ended in 2 minutes or so, with me at 0.5%. This is because i totally forgot about Ice Tombs, and i got hit by one of those just as my pet lost aggro and i was getting crushed by her.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have 574 ilevel (non heroic trinks is rough) and I did it with only one spirit beast, but the pet damage gets a bit...RNG I feel. Some attempts he would one shot my pet near the end, other times (like my kill) he didnt.
    Tired of ElvUI and its various clones?

Try one of these:

Altz UI
    // RealUI // KaitUI // ls: UI

Hello fellow hunters; glad some people found my video to be of use.

Bovan you are correct I used the H WF Lifesteal trinket on my first kill; although with the buffs we recently got I feel this trinket may not be necessary. Spirit heals scale with trinket procs; so you if you have good procs it tends to help; in my video at one point I was able to get off 2 spirit heals within the 20s of AoC proc; so this helped significantly; also I used a bandage as well while phasing into the other realm to recover some and a health potion if I remember correctly. I basically had 4 or 5 spirit pets in the first kill though; you can dismiss pet during his cast of hour of twilight because he cannot swing at this time; then heal yourself; feign, MD, etc. The beginning part of the fight in regards to the pet surviving is key; I would highly recommend macro'ing your pet's Last Stand ability; timing each last stand so your pet lives long enough to make it to the hour of twilight can be tricky. I pop my first last stand midway into stampede so my pet has 1.5 mil for a bit and lives long enough into the first hour of twilight.

Deleted
    i was curious and tried him, it was a rough fight and didn't even come close.

Hope this helps; made a video guide with explanation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSiSd...re=c4-overview
    Last edited by Shoot-; 2014-02-22 at 11:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoot- View Post
    Hope this helps; made a video guide with explanation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSiSd...re=c4-overview
    Thanks a lot!