FPS difference between LFR and normals

I get 30+ FPS in LFR on with all graphics settings on High. But when I do my 25 man guild raids I have to turn change all of my settings to low, with only Projected Textures enabled and Particle Density on Good, and I get 10 FPS on most fights if I'm lucky.
    Any ideas of what it could be?

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti
    Intel Core i5-3330 3GHz
    8GB of RAM

Maybe half the raid is semi-afk in LFR?
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    Maybe half the raid is semi-afk in LFR?
    Yep, also the spell per minute is much lower in LFR compared to a place where it actually matters.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

It can't be that much of a difference can it?
    I got the same kind of performance out of an old laptop with a 555M.
    And I haven't always had this problem with my new computer.

Try getting the latest video drivers, try tweaking your video settings lowering them will give you more fps, run your laptop on wall power
    when playing wow so you laptop runs at full speed, Close any un needed apps etc. to free up resources about all you can do. Other then
    spending $$$

Quote Originally Posted by Erinis View Post
    It can't be that much of a difference can it?
    I got the same kind of performance out of an old laptop with a 555M.
    And I haven't always had this problem with my new computer.
    yes, players mashing spells/attacks on cool down tightly = a ton is visual effects at once.
    in LFR people auto attack/have very loose rotations, generally don't care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also consider a comparison between what AddOns are active both on you and shared between your entire raid and see if there's any contrast from LFR to Normal.

AddOns can add a lot of overhead if they're processing tons and tons of events.