Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Upcoming Siege of Orgrimmar Changes

Warlords of Draenor- Scouting Report

Upcoming Siege of Orgrimmar Changes
    You can see Heroic progression in our recent news post.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Effective with next week’s raid resets, we will be making some targeted difficulty adjustments to a few encounters in Siege of Orgrimmar. Overall, the difficulty curve in Siege has met our expectations, and while there are some major challenges deep in Garrosh’s sanctum, we see raid groups continuing to make steady progress at all levels. However, there are a handful of encounters at specific sizes/difficulties that present a disproportionate jump in challenge, and so we’re making some adjustments to smooth out the difficulty curve overall. We wanted to provide a bit of advance notice, both for guilds that are extremely close to kills and want to get in under the wire with the coveted “pre-nerf” kill, and to provide some hope to those who are looking at the wall ahead of them and despairing.

Galakras
    We will be reducing the health of the Kor’kron troops in 10-player Normal and Flexible difficulty, because smaller raid groups have fewer tools to deal with the various enemies, and are further impacted when a portion of the raid must break off to deal with towers. No changes to Heroic difficulty at this time.

Thok the Bloodthirsty
    We will reduce Thok’s unavoidable Fearsome Roar and Shock Blast damage in 10-player Normal, Heroic, and Flexible mode – again, smaller raid groups have fewer raid cooldowns to handle the increasing damage as Acceleration ramps, and we’re seeing 10-player and smaller Flex groups having much more difficulty with this encounter than their 25-player counterparts.

Siegecrafter Blackfuse
    This encounter’s Heroic mode is a huge step up in difficulty from the preceding 11 bosses. We’re looking to smooth out that spike somewhat, while still keeping the fight quite challenging. The following changes apply only to Heroic difficulty: We are reducing the unavoidable raidwide damage inflicted by Magnetic Crush and Shredders’ Overload, as well as the damage from Superheated (to make belt groups’ lives a bit less painful when an Overcharged Laser is active). We’re also reducing Disassembled Turret health. Finally, on 10-player Heroic only, we’re reducing the health of Crawler Mines, since 10-player raids have fewer available tools to keep them controlled.

Paragons of the Klaxxi
    Moving on to Heroic Paragons, we’d like them to continue a steady increase in difficulty that culminates with Garrosh. They’re already pretty close to that, so we’re just making a couple of tweaks here, reducing the damage of Multi-Shot and Fiery Edge on Heroic difficulty. This should keep most of the coordination difficulty of the fight, but reduce some frustrating deaths due to burst damage interactions between different abilities.

We have no further changes planned at this time, but we’ll continue to monitor players’ ongoing progress through Siege of Orgrimmar, and may make further adjustments if needed.

Nice. Glad to hear about these To further comment, I think that all these changes are warranted for the groups they were targeted at. There was certainly a few spots (blackfuse in particular) that felt just unfair on some difficulties and made it feel as though you /had/ to have a specific comp to accomplish them.
    Last edited by moveth; 2014-01-17 at 09:51 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Seems like sensible changes

Deleted
    Well defined and reasoned nerfs. Not like previous tier where its just % nerfs here and there. Gj blizz

Good to see sensible nerfs rather than huge % changes on everything

Deleted
    Why only pve changes, u dont give a crap about PvP at all ?! No blue answer our stuff in the forums, 1 hotfix per 3 months NICE COMPANY

10+ Year Old Account
    Watcher explained the changes very well, They have learned well from the past.

Deleted
    I know where this is heading. lol AD

- - - Updated - - -

I know where this is heading , LOL Argent Dawn <3

Deleted
    Fuck sake Blizzard.

nice changes to galakras just gotten him on farm in my raid group prenerf :P

Some reasonable nerfs, some not needed. The adjustments to 10m Thok make sense, but the blanket nerfs on Siegecrafter are odd. The only real damage present on that fight is the magnetic crush and overload. Reducing the damage from the only unavoidable damage sources just makes the fight a whole lot easier. Additionally, the superheated nerf doesn't make much sense. If your belt team is intelligent then you just need some hots thrown on them before they get 1-2 stacks of superheated during overloaded lasers. It was only deadly >2 stacks, which is completely avoidable.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    Fuck sake Blizzard.
    Very constructive. Complaining for the sake of complaining.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Grossman View Post
    Very constructive. Complaining for the sake of complaining.
    None of these bosses are impossible. I play this game for challenge. Again, fuck you Blizzard.

Thank god. We just killed Klaxxi 25 Heroic without these nerfs, feels good. Good for farm raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Faster clear \o/

Looove it!

Hunter - Monk - Warlock - Shaman - Paladin
    <Immersion> - Alliance 25 man guild @ Frostmane Stream

Would've loved to see LFR Nazgrim nerfed, he's easily the hardest LFR boss yet. And its very rare that LFR raids one shot him in my runs

and the elitists get to cry themselves to sleep tonight

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why some of you are crying if you farm this it just makes it easier and faster!

WIN WIN SITUATIONZ

10+ Year Old Account
    My group just got to heroic Thok. If we don't get a kill this week, this should help.

Been 4 months since release so not really surprised.