Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    You're shocked Blizzard did this? I'm not. It's exactly what I've come to expect from them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    People like you always seem to forget that people other than you play this game.

Also, drop the knee-jerk 'slap in the face' whining. Its a video game. Nothing about it is a slap in the face. They're smoothing out the difficulty of a few uneven fights, they aren't pulling an ICC "30% BUFF TO EVERYTHING!".

In case you missed it while you were getting all angry, Garrosh isn't being touched. So you will get your wish of killing him un-nerfed.

Ugh. Some people take this game wayyyy too seriously.
    Yes it is a game, a game that I still put a decent amount of time and effort into, like any hobby. Yes other people play the game, and we're being punished with nerfs because of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post
    You're shocked Blizzard did this? I'm not. It's exactly what I've come to expect from them.
    I knew it was coming sooner or later, it just hurts more now as it actually affects me.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    What ? Overload is the issue ? Get better tanks / tactic
    Done it with paladin, brm and guardian, im prot warr myself.
    Like I said, if you got either a paladin or a warrior theres no problem.
    without them, and without overgearing the boss, the shredders are a pain.
    At lest on 10 man.

Targetted nerfs are far superior to the blanket nerfs of past raids. End tiers always gets nerfed and this is by far the best way they could have gone about it.

Tier's been out for 4 months, usually the lifeline of a first or mid expansion tier. This is probably the longest Blizzard has waited to nerf the final raid of an expansion since TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    Could we have done it without the nerfs? Yes.
    If you were good enough you would have had it done already, the answer to this is no. The nerfs are to help guilds like yourself progress.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Targetted nerfs are far superior to the blanket nerfs of past raids. End tiers always gets nerfed and this is by far the best way they could have gone about it.
    Still not convinced that nerfs are in any way needed, when everyone can see content now. Why is Blizzard obsessed with everyone being able to clear HC?

Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post
    Yes, how dare they do what they've been doing for 9 years.

Deleted
    Yes, how dare they do what they've been doing for 9 years.
    You know accepting something bad because it's a tradition is seriously wrong, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Drodoo View Post
    honestly, the nerf for siege is kinda the right thing to do.
    unless you had a warrior/paladin, the OC from the shredder is painfull.
    This coming form a 14/14 HC.
    Yeah. I don't really have any issues with the seige nerfs (we run a warrior so I just let him kill all the shredders by himself while I kill mines). all the nerfs listed look really minor compared to say, the Dragon Soul % nerfs, so I'm fine with them currently.

Still not convinced that nerfs are in any way needed, when everyone can see content now. Why is Blizzard obsessed with everyone being able to clear HC?
    "Everyone" is the wrong word. Very slightly more than a couple percent is accurate. They want to see a completion curve and right now it's a steady slope with a spike at the end. Spikes need to be smoothed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Don't worry. If you've yet to kill thok, you will still be finding an extreme challenge in Siege, Klaxxi, and Garrosh, nerfs or no nerfs. Sorry to say, but you do have the option to go in and kill them now, pre nerf, if you really want to. If you don't, well, that just means you either weren't serious enough about it, or aren't as good as you think.
    I'm sorry but this is really true, OP. As a new guild we became world top 150 on the first go, and we only had a couple of months to prepare. Serious also means serious about running your guild, recruiting, finding and keeping players, finding and improving problems, and so on. Running a guild is more than just talking on vent. Running a guild properly takes more time than actually raiding.

So yes. Don't be outraged. I understand the frustration, I've been there myself (we got Cata Ragnaros to 1%, next day he was nerfed), but if we had been any bit better or had committed one more hour to it we'd have killed him pre-nerf.
    Last edited by Cirque; 2014-01-17 at 10:47 PM.

You know accepting something bad because it's a tradition is seriously wrong, right?
    It's not bad. Tiers absolutely should be nerfed when progression of the entire playerbase comes to a noticeable halt relative to its average pace. Your guild isn't the only one in the game.

Blanket nerfs like ICC and DS are bad. Nerfs like this are appropriate and are a perfect example of how to properly moderate content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by britishbubba View Post
    As someone that is currently working on siege 10 heroic. The nerfs that they have listed aren't really that important. None of them are things that wipe you on the fight after like 20 pulls anyway (except super heated damage I guess).

The fights will still be hard. Just a little less punishing healing wise from the look of it.
    I obviously don't have numbers on exactly how much they are planning to nerf him, but I would guess it is a fair bit, considering how they are even bothering to make a statement about it. However shredder overload and magnetic damage is everything on Siegecrafter (main platform). If this damage won't be as severe as it is atm, then you'll begin surviving fuckups with flames (also being nerfed) and sawblades. And this is really the main reason for wipes.
    I just don't understand why they have to always overdo it with these nerfs. Just nerf the mines and you're golden. Not all of this at once. I foresee that strats with one healer, while still doing the sixth belt will become very popular.

EDIT:
    We have more than 5 months until next X-pac. There is enough time for progression, no one desperately needed a nerf yet.

These nerfs don't affect me or my guild in any way as we're 25 man. BUT

If people hit a wall in their raiding they will spend time trying to overcome it. Often that makes the kill several times more exciting than if the boss died after a few pulls. However in the last tier of an expansion; especially if they have already killed the normal mode; a lot of people will just sub off until the next expansion. Blizzard puts these nerfs in to encourage people to continue playing and trying to clear.

As has been pointed out several times; this is not a new practice. At least you could admit that you made this whine thread simply because this time around they are affecting you personally. Forgive us all for not caring
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

These nerfs weren't about difficulty, but about smoothing the difficulty spike, which I've come to understand was disproportionally big. It's kinda weird to progress really hard on four bosses but a kill is always in sight, and then the next boss seems absolutely impossible to you.

I can understand (doesn't mean I agree).

Deleted
    Like it's been said before, this has been happening for a very long time and like it or not it's targeted at you.
    Should blizzard also delay patches and expansions till you clear the content now that you've started raiding?
    Want to clear content before nerfs? Get better. (I mean this as a guild)

Deleted
    It's not bad. Tiers absolutely should be nerfed when progression of the entire playerbase comes to a noticeable halt relative to its average pace. Your guild isn't the only one in the game.
    Would be great if Blizzard would let other guilds try and beat content how it was originally designed, after all, it IS possible.

Looks like the Op raid nerf virginity just got popped. You guys should be proud of how far you got in 2 and 1/2 months raiding. Just finish the tier out now and recruit 10 more people to jump into WoD heroic raiding?

It's more about letting everyone be able to move past a boss they may have been brick walled at. The time for cutting edge progression is came and gone. I don't see anything wrong with thier choice to nerf some of these mechanics. Your'e looking at your own guilds private progression, which isn't everyone, some people actually may welcome these changes as it may give them a different boss to push on for the next few weeks.