Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    1. While dealing with a third set of waves is possible, if your dps was that bad the fight itself was probably impossible. It was more a benchmark. It could cause you to waste valuable cds though.
    Not true in the slightest, I've been seeing a third wave almost every week due to buyers and it's still perfectly killable.

@garrosh shit
    1) our kill had 4 iron stars in p1. sup?
    2) yes
    3) having only one empowered whirl before p3 was not possible back then, getting only one makes the fight easier, but getting two is the standard.
    4) will have to disagree with most posters here though in the sense that skipping that second whirl wasn't too unreasonable, we did manage to get only one p3 whirl even before our fk, and on our fk it started casting the second whirl at 3.5% or something ridiculously low like that. However, handling that 2nd whirl is perfectly normal, the mcs afterwards as well. Bypassing them just makes p3 trivial and is not a standard you should expect.
    Generally speaking, over entire progress, we skipped the 2nd whirl maybe 2 or 3 times, got the 2nd whirl but no mcs most of the time (our kill happened that way), and had to deal with the 2nd mc maybe like 10% of the time.

on a note related to the original topic, I did siegecrafter and paragons in first person view this week. nothing to see here, move along
    Last edited by Mionelol; 2014-01-27 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by apollo2kappa View Post
    Blizz said the encounters are more difficult that intended, and for every group like yours close to a kill there are others on the same boss but NOT close to a kill, and these adjustments bring the difficulty closer to what was intended. I completely understand wanting a kill before the nerfs, but you shouldn't be upset over not getting a killing on an over-tuned boss before it was properly tuned.

The actual nerfs will likely begin in a few weeks or months, when Blizz starts the incremental flat 5% nerfs (up to 30%, typically) to the raid as a whole.
    Typically?
    Wasn't dragon soul 35% reduction to damage and health? Effectively that is 50% increase to player damage, healing and health?
    You cannot trust, nor take seriously, an adult male without facial hair.Boys have no facial hair and boys are not men.
    ╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Typically?
    Wasn't dragon soul 35% reduction to damage and health? Effectively that is 50% increase to player damage, healing and health?
    I doubt that's too far off. Yeah the fights were probably about 40-50% easier in the last weeks, and that's without counting gear advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    Not true in the slightest, I've been seeing a third wave almost every week due to buyers and it's still perfectly killable.
    You are talking about farm kills, not progress kills. Significant difference.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

I doubt theyll do the incremental nerfs this time around, most likely they nerf H Garry a bit at some point in the future and thats it. And the nerfs to Blackfuse and Thok made perfect sense, Thok was way harder than anything before him the jump in dificulty was too big for the average raiding guild and Blackfuse was way harder than any other non Garrosh boss and he shouldnt be, Klaxxi was suposed to be the hardest one before Garrosh.

blackfuse is "easy" now

Also about H Garrosh, the fight is incredibly boring, one of the worst fights ever designed in this game. He doesnt hold a candle to H Lei Shen, a much better fight for sure. I dont like the hey lets repeat the entire normal mode fight with insanely high damage output from the boss and buf his HP 40% and then lets slap a new phase after that so the figth lasts for half a decade design filosophy, sadly Blizz does this way too often on last tier bosses (Sha of infinite boredon Im looking at you).

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    Yes it is a game, a game that I still put a decent amount of time and effort into, like any hobby. Yes other people play the game, and we're being punished with nerfs because of it.

- - - Updated - - -

I knew it was coming sooner or later, it just hurts more now as it actually affects me.
    It is a MMO, you can't expect it always fits your timeline or expectation, while you hate nerfing, some other guilds welcome it. It is a part of life.

I'll contribute to this thread saying something people sometimes don't understand.

Blizzard is preoccupied with the low numbers in Heroics, and like always they get the wrong input and the wrong output.

People are not doing heroics because:
    1 - They don't care.
    2 - They don't have gear.
    3 - They need to iron their skills.

Nerfing it only helps the idiots and make the real raiders who want to push it deceived.

LFR is not healthy to the game, the things i saw there, i dont want to talk about it. NEVER EVAR AGAIN.

The game is going, excuse me here, TO THE GROUND BABY!!!

I've been 14/14h since before Thanksgiving, honestly I hope they put in a stacking nerf like they did with DS, Paragons is still the fight I dread doing every week, blackfuse and heroic Garrosh are easier than that fight now

poor baby do you want your bottle?

You are talking about farm kills, not progress kills. Significant difference.
    We dealt with plenty of that stuff on progress too.

A lot of guilds did, especially the ones that killed it very early on with barely any heroic gear.

Being able to a load of abilities certainly helps but it isn't necessary.

We dealt with plenty of that stuff on progress too.

A lot of guilds did, especially the ones that killed it very early on with barely any heroic gear.

Being able to a load of abilities certainly helps but it isn't necessary.
    We had the 4th lowest item level in the world on Garrosh and we never had to deal with 3 waves. The guilds with lower than us also did not.
    I really do not know what you are talking about when you say that guilds that killed him early on was dealing with 3 waves, a vast majority of them did not and to be honest I have not seen any guild that did.

Yes, it was for sure possible, but why would you? And it gotta be some really shitty dps.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

I'm in ascendance, we had three waves on our first kill.

So did method and blood legion.

Maybe all of our dps are bad, who knows.

I'm in ascendance, we had three waves on our first kill.

So did method and blood legion.

Maybe all of our dps are bad, who knows.
    Well, I was speaking from a 10 man PoV, dont know about 25 man. There are 400% more guilds progressing Garrosh in 10 than 25 man at the moment so was making the assumption that the initial post was about 10 man considering what a pushover he is in 25 man.

DPS checks was a lot tighter in 10 man so possible that in 25 man getting 3 waves is not that bad.

I'm still in assume everyone means 25 man unless they state otherwise mode, I guess we should have established this earlier.

In 25 mans none of the things you mentioned matter in apart from 2. It's still killable if you mess up the first intermission, but then you have to kite adds until p4.

The difficulty curve is way off, garrosh feels like a punching bag after siegecrafter and paragons.

Well, I was speaking from a 10 man PoV, dont know about 25 man. There are 400% more guilds progressing Garrosh in 10 than 25 man at the moment so was making the assumption that the initial post was about 10 man considering what a pushover he is in 25 man.
    Ah yes I was suspecting that, based on your comments about 3 waves in p1 and about the second whirl in p2. In 25-player, skipping the second whirl in p2 at low gear levels was unthinkable. The DPS checks to beat these benchmarks are significantly looser in 10-player than in 25-player (which is not to say that the fight overall is necessarily easier).
    Last edited by Aseyhe; 2014-01-27 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    I'll be ignoring future posts like this at is misses the point.
    Actually its spot on.
    Everyone's an atheist, some people just take it one god further.

You can't kill a debt collector and you shouldn't kill a child-Mall Security

I've been avoiding responding in this topic and just reading, but I'm bored at work today, so figured I'd throw in.... Anyone shocked by the nerf to the last bosses hasn't paid attention to previous end of expac tiers. I'm currently 10/14 HC. Would I liked to have cleared it before nerfs? Absolutely! However, raiding 6 hours a week over 2 days doesn't afford amazing progression. I accept that. Overall I'm content with our progression thus far considering the time constraints. The fact I've not cleared the instance this late into the patch is my fault alone. It's at the point that Blizzard has allowed the truly hardcore guilds to clear it pre-nerf and now wants it slightly more accessible to others. What this change does for my guild is make it that much more possible for us to go 14/14 before WoD hits. Yes, our kill would be post nerf, but it would still be more than the vast majority of raiders have accomplished.

All content becomes easier at some point. Blizzard would just like more paying subs to see all of the content before the xpac hits. I'm all for it.

This post might not have accurately reflected my line of thought. I'm still working on my first cup of coffee.