Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    DId you played Vanilla and TBC? Are you telling me the game was always player friendly? NAxxramas, BT Kil jaeden.....1% of the whole community saw this content. Are we in the same page here ^^

w.youtube.com/watch?v=8rd0-zVIBVo
    And less than .5% of the playerbase in EQ ever saw the entry level raid bosses. WoW has been more player friendly than every MMO on the market at the time, from the very beginning. They've moved to be more so as the market has moved to be more so.

Also, .23% of the playerbase has defeated Heroic Garrosh. You can still be a pretty special snowflake.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Kil'Jaeden isn't even the longest boss from release to kill. You're conflating your personal feelings with reality. WoW has been more casual friendly than any MMO on the market since its release. Each expansion is only getting more so for them to stay ahead of the curve.
    DId you play Vanilla and TBC? Are you telling me the game was always player friendly? Naxxramas, BT, Kil jaeden.....1% of the whole community saw this content. Are we in the same page here? ^^
    I don't want this hardcore / stupid level...but at least some new different content, maybe just one raid that could bring hope and symbol of MAstery and Epicness to people to fight for.

Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    I insist, people care too much for the color of the text on the tittle of the tooltip of an item. Epic Gear is an old concept now, means very little this days. The distinction is made by the ilvl now.

I find it really funny to see people coping with the concept of "difficulty settings" on this game.
    Im with you bro, im all about the "looks" of the gear...not the tooltip/ stats/ Tag. Its all about the looks and artwork

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    And less than .5% of the playerbase in EQ ever saw the entry level raid bosses. WoW has been more player friendly than every MMO on the market at the time, from the very beginning. They've moved to be more so as the market has moved to be more so.

Also, .23% of the playerbase has defeated Heroic Garrosh. You can still be a pretty special snowflake.
    I don't understand the Heroic mentality...its just pointless to me do the same thing but harder. Its like....I can juggle balls...now im goin to try juggle knifes just for the lolz. I don't get it ^^ Its because I only want cool different looking gear type of player. Maybe I am in the wrong...
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2014-01-18 at 01:37 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    LFR is for spectators. You don't have to try. Also I'd like to point out that he intentionally did nothing, whereas many poor players are at least contributing 10-20k dps. May not seem like much, but 10k a second is still 600,000k per minute, and well into the millions on your typical encounter, and if you've never wiped with that little to go, then count yourself lucky. And as someone who raided hardmodes for a long time, I can tell you that unless you're in a top 100 guild, honestly you're going to be carrying some people. I have plenty of realm first achieves from back when they did them, but do you think that everyone in our guild was top tier? Of course not. So of course the warlock doing 400k in lfr is going to be carrying 3 dks dpsing in blood spec doing 50k between the three of them. But it's just an exaggerated version of what's always been happening.

Did you saw the video from min 3:35.......he did absolutely NOTHING and was always the DPS with the most damage taken...in the end he was full epic and seen 100% of the content in the game.

This game was once a symbol of respect and considered the ultimate challenge/ social experience and the best design in the gaming industry...and now this is the wow we have?
    WoW has been a game that has always been "casual". It was easier than EQ, it didn't have the chance to delevel you when you die like in FF11. You are talking about LFR, who gives a crap about that? You said 99% so you believe pet battles, pvp, brawler's guild, flex, normal and heroic raiding, leveling, etc makes up 1% of WoW? Until he can do that in Heroic raiding while it is relevant, I and many people here just don't care.
    Last edited by Theendgamelv3; 2014-01-18 at 01:41 AM.

it's remarkable how much this argument sounds like some rich bastard saying that he can only enjoy having a $200,000 luxury car if poor people aren't allowed to have cars at all, because what's the point in having a high end car if those dirty masses can all be driving hondas?

if you don't like LFR, don't do it. if you don't like the idea of other people having things, either don't look at other people or else go get yourself a 3 ring binder and write up your own tabletop RPG and give yourself all the best equipment you can think of, then never show it to anyone else so you can be the only person who has any epic gear and you can feel special.

DId you play Vanilla and TBC? Are you telling me the game was always player friendly? Naxxramas, BT, Kil jaeden.....1% of the whole community saw this content. Are we in the same page here? ^^
    I don't want this hardcore / stupid level...but at least some new different content, maybe just one raid that could bring hope and symbol of MAstery and Epicness to people to fight for.

Im with you bro, im all about the "looks" of the gear...not the tooltip/ stats/ Tag. Its all about the looks and artwork
    I don't know why you posted that twice, but I already responded to it. WoW has been more player friendly than the existing MMO market. The MMO market has been getting more player friendly, so WoW is getting more player friendly to stay ahead of the market.

EQ, UO, FFXI were all far more brutal MMOs, with much smaller percent of players completing the highest challenge content on them.

Currently, .23% of players have defeated heroic Garrosh. The challenge is still there. If you want challenge, you can have it. You're still distinguishable from LFR players, because the items are tagged and it's clear as day when someone is LFR geared opposed to Heroic geared from the first seconds of playing with them.

I raided through BT and Sunwell when it was current content on my Priest, and I have absolutely no problem with the direction Blizzard is going in.

I didn't raid to get fancy gear, or to see the content, I raided because it was hard and challenging and rewarding when you and all your friends killed a new boss. Then in Wrath it was the same with heroics.

The look of gear is 100% pointless because the best looking gear for the most part is transmoggable level 60/70 gear anyway, so raiding for the look of gear makes no sense. And to "see the content" is pointless too, you can save yourself $15 a month and hours of your life by going to youtube and watching the fights/story on there. Takes about 20 minutes and it's free.

Quote Originally Posted by Theendgamelv3 View Post
    WoW has been a game that has always been "casual". It was easier than EQ
    and, ironically, a not insignificant part of why WoW gained so much traction (and some of its devs) in the first place is because it went live right around the same time EQ released a brutally difficult expansion, and cry-baby pansies ran away in droves to be able to play the easier game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malkiah View Post
    it's remarkable how much this argument sounds like some rich bastard saying that he can only enjoy having a $200,000 luxury car if poor people aren't allowed to have cars at all, because what's the point in having a high end car if those dirty masses can all be driving hondas?

if you don't like LFR, don't do it. if you don't like the idea of other people having things, either don't look at other people or else go get yourself a 3 ring binder and write up your own tabletop RPG and give yourself all the best equipment you can think of, then never show it to anyone else so you can be the only person who has any epic gear and you can feel special.

Are you denying how reality works? Why do you thing Fiat Punto's don't look like Ferraris? They would certainly sell more.....then why they don't look like a Ferrari...hummmmm. The misterys of reality. ^^

OK GUYS I GET IT, im just living in DENIAL ok!?
    I just cant accept the reality that this world is not the same anymore...I can no longer fight hard to have the Ferrari looking gear that only a few have....I get it...im sad.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2014-01-18 at 01:43 AM.

Why do people feel their experience is worse because others have more activities they can participate in? It should have no effect on you at all.

Are you denying how reality works? Why do you thing Fiat Punto's don't look like Ferraris? They would certainly sell more.....then why they don't look like a Ferrari...hummmmm. The misterys of reality. ^^
    so make yourself some epics out of buttons and keep them in your sock drawer where nobody else can ever steal them, and leave the rest of us to play the game or read sites/forums related to that game without having to listen to the incessant whining of you and your ilk, if it's so important to you.

OK GUYS I GET IT, im just living in DENIAL ok!?
    I just cant accept the reality that this world is not the same anymore...I can no longer fight hard to have the Ferrari looking gear that only a few have....I get it...im sad.
    If it's visual distinctiveness you're after, get the Challenge Mode gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Why do people feel their experience is worse because others have more activities they can participate in? It should have no effect on you at all.
    because there is a very particular subset of humans that are emotionally incapable of deriving enjoyment from a thing unless it somehow involves inflicting hardship on other people or depriving them of something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaoslux View Post
    The sentence "full epic" to refer "I'm LFR geared." is going to make you laughed at.
    You have to look at it from a new players perspective, they don't care weither they have a purple with 500Ilvl or 600Ilvl. They have seen all there is to see and are fully purple. A new player doesn't understand why someone would spend time clearing the same thing on a bit higher level.

Gearing with no effort isn't an issue for long time players, it is for new players. If there is nothing left to discover or see a new player is likely to stop playing.

Retards are spreading the word, retards like Shadowpunkz are having no idea what they are talking about. Other retards will adept. And suddenly: Everybody is talking shit! It's amazing! Lets blow a nonsense thing into a giant mountain of bullshit. Hell, why not?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    You have to look at it from a new players perspective, they don't care weither they have a purple with 500Ilvl or 600Ilvl. They have seen all there is to see and are fully purple. A new player doesn't understand why someone would spend time clearing the same thing on a bit higher level.

Gearing with no effort isn't an issue for long time players, it is for new players. If there is nothing left to discover or see a new player is likely to stop playing.
    You know whats funny? Nobody will give a shit about you. Somebody who knows whats going on, will completly ignore you. But hey, you are still happy in your own world, right?

and prior to LFR that player either:
    A. wouldn't bother with raiding at all because they're a noob at MMOs and don't understand the concept of item scaling, or
    B. would join a raid guild without having any shred of an idea as to what they're doing, and you'd be here on the forums bleating about how the game is dying because of all the noobs in raid guilds stopping you from progressing.

That's an arrogant statement that assumes no new player is in it for the challenge, rather than just to get "purples."

Deleted
    I /spit on players that like the confort of what Wow is today. Nothing but hate for the wicked who don't strive for progression and self improvement and feel love for the FIGHT and the epicness of something that is hard and unique.
    Go ahead wear those shinny fuking epics that everyone is wearing and feel proud. Feel proud of your meaningless epics with your big fat butts sited in Orgrimmar / Stormwind doing nothing and never having to work hard for anything.

Im done

I cant deal with this community anymore

it seems everyone of you is missing a point here, the point is LFR breeds bad players, and i realize is meant to be tourist mode. so you say join a guild and that's correct i agree 110%, but as subs dip (not drastically) over time there are less and less "new blood" for said guilds to recruit. shoc made a good point, LFR gear should not be apart of the progression, not only would that hopefully get newer players to understand the point of doing flex and perhaps eventually move on to mythic raiding but it would alleviate the pointless and constant stream of gear we receive, might just make the rewards we get from flex actually feel like an upgrade again. just my 2 cents.

I /spit on players that like the confort of what Wow is today. Nothing but hate for the wicked who don't strive for progression and self improvement and feel love for the FIGHT and the epicness of something that is hard and unique.
    Go ahead wear those shinny fuking epics that everyone is wearing and feel proud. Feel proud of your meaningless epics with your big fat butts sited in Orgrimmar / Stormwind doing nothing and never having to work hard for anything.

Im done

I cant deal with this community anymore
    i assure you that we'll all be keeping ourselves up tonight crying into our pancakes in our grief over this insurmountable loss to the game.