Why Not Offer A Flat Per Level Boost?

I was thinking about this earlier today. In WoD, they are offering a straight to 90 boost, and are trying to figure out what that should be worth money wise as well if they implemented in, say, the in-game store. I was curious though, why not offer a boost for each level?

What I was thinking of is that straight to 90 is nice and all, but some people may still like to experience some zones or expansions. So insterad of only the boost to 90, why allow someone to boost by each level individually for a specific price.

So say I start a new toon, but want to experience Wrath, would it be such a bad idea to let me pay for 70 levels only, level in wrath a bit, then buy some more later on? Think of it like the experience potion, but directly granting levels. Does anyone else share this idea or am I alone with it?

10+ Year Old Account
    They are designing a DK-like starting zone to gain and learn core skills. I think that's part of the reason they feel comfortable offering the 90 at all. They wouldn't be able to do that for each of the 90 levels. The 80 boost with SoR was a bit of a disaster for the first few levels trying to figure out the class.
    You either die a Varian, or live long enough to see yourself become a Thrall...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jmi0920 View Post
    I was thinking about this earlier today. In WoD, they are offering a straight to 90 boost, and are trying to figure out what that should be worth money wise as well if they implemented in, say, the in-game store. I was curious though, why not offer a boost for each level?

What I was thinking of is that straight to 90 is nice and all, but some people may still like to experience some zones or expansions. So insterad of only the boost to 90, why allow someone to boost by each level individually for a specific price.

So say I start a new toon, but want to experience Wrath, would it be such a bad idea to let me pay for 70 levels only, level in wrath a bit, then buy some more later on? Think of it like the experience potion, but directly granting levels. Does anyone else share this idea or am I alone with it?
    The people who still want to level traditionally/patiently can do so. The people who want to level with boosts can also do so (using 300% flask from rare, heirlooms, etc).

As of WOD, the people who have a ton of 90s and are burnt out on (or outright tired of) the leveling process have an option for an instant 90.

You say that 'some people' may still want to experience the levels, zones etc - but your proposed solution forces everyone to, even the people who are thrilled with the idea of an instant 90.

I have 7 level 90s and over a dozen alts between 8 and 88. I am thrilled at the idea of being able to boost one of them to 90 instantly. I wouldn't buy 'extra' 90s though. One is, IMO, enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post

You say that 'some people' may still want to experience the levels, zones etc - but your proposed solution forces everyone to, even the people who are thrilled with the idea of an instant 90.
    I'm not saying remove the straight to 90 option at all. If people wish to skip, then by all means let them, I know I would like to as well. But I also think there are some nice places to level in so if I could just buy my way to say 65 or so and level for a bit normally, would it be a bad idea?

wish i could just start at 60, hate lvling to 60 so much, usually i do sitting in town and wait for queues, why can we have the 300% xp in the blizz shop to work up to 85 or something like that, think asia markets get the 100% bonus xp pot so i want them too lol