Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Why? They have the same iLvL as normal heroics, you would just have to spend 500 VP to get the same effect.

The only weapons that are better than herilooms are WF ones.
    Nope. Read again. Heroic Warforged: 572. Heroic Heirloom: 574. Had the heirloom been upgradable, it would have stayed 2ilvls higher.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    The Heirlooms have the same ilvl as twice upgraded Normal/Heroic weapons. So take it as they are 2x upgraded for free, but cannot be Warforged.

Our monk was WW spec with WW loot spec. and he received the 1H weapon for his first heirloom and a shield for his second.
    Last edited by Daltin; 2014-01-18 at 08:38 AM.

First time as BrM received the 2h Agi Polearm (Will never mog over it)
    2nd time in flexi I got Int Staff (OS MW and was healing at the time... strange, maybe just coincidence I was able to use it)

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's the point though, they aren't suppose to be upgradeable. They did this because they wanted WF gear to be the best gear for this expansion, while still giving you the perk of scaling heirloom weapons for WoD, and weapons you can toss around on your alts.

Making them upgradeable under blizzards intention for them would have been pointless, they are suppose to be worse than WF gear of the same difficulty level. If they would have been upgradeable they would have just made them equal iLvL to their normal counterparts, and people would have just sent them to an alt to upgrade them to their fully upgraded level instead of wasting 500 VP on their main character.

And yes, I'm completely and fully aware that heirloom weapons of the same difficulty are higher innate iLvL than WF gear. But like most people just automatically attach +8iLvls to upgradeable gear because of how trivial it is to get. They didn't want the heirlooms being better than WF gear and they thought it was perk enough that the base heirloom basically came fully upgraded.

Deleted
    Well, i was pretty happy tauren frost DK with 2h crit gemmed and then blizz decided that my "specc" is dual (got Hellscream Domblade) so i changed from 2h to dual wield. Dont know will it drop 2h if i go tank (both role and loot specc) next time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Got 1 Agi Axe from Normal as WW spec that was DWing at the time.

Still haven't got a Heroic yet though :/

i got that 1H mace with spirit/mastery, was in MW spec. still waiting for my second heirloom

10+ Year Old Account
    As an elemental shaman I got the following:

1.) 2-handed intellect staff
    2.) 1-handed agility dagger
    3.) 1-handed strength sword

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Nope. Read again. Heroic Warforged: 572. Heroic Heirloom: 574. Had the heirloom been upgradable, it would have stayed 2ilvls higher.
    ?

You're comparing heroic warforged to the heroic heirloom, when the person you quoted was comparing heroic to heroic heirloom. The heirlooms are already upgraded, essentially. A 2/2 non-warforged heroic is the same as the heroic heirloom is baseline. So, yes, the only weapons better than the heirlooms are warforged versions, since they are the same amount of ilvl higher at 2/2 than non-warforged 2/2 of the same quality (normal/heroic)
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I got : Agi Staff, Agi axe, Agi Axe, in that order, all from the same difficulty and had WW spec enabled.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    12 Kills still nothing

I don't even..

Nope. READ AGAIN.

Wow, WTB a lock on this thread as the question has been answered and concern addressed and the thread has completely derailed into people linking in from the front page and not reading the rest of the thread or even what forum it's in.

While playing BrM, my first heirloom was the Spirit/Mastery 1H Mace (MW loot spec), 2nd was the offhand Tome (Crit/Haste).

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    ?

You're comparing heroic warforged to the heroic heirloom, when the person you quoted was comparing heroic to heroic heirloom. The heirlooms are already upgraded, essentially. A 2/2 non-warforged heroic is the same as the heroic heirloom is baseline. So, yes, the only weapons better than the heirlooms are warforged versions, since they are the same amount of ilvl higher at 2/2 than non-warforged 2/2 of the same quality (normal/heroic)

Quote Originally Posted by Rakael View Post
    I don't even..

Nope. READ AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by AndreasDS View Post
    You are wrong. Tojara is right.

Regular heroic loot: 566 (can be upgraded to 574 using 500VP total)
    Heirloom heroic: 574 (8 ilvls higher, already "upgraded" when you get it, and you cant upgrade it anymore) = You save 500VP

That's why, heroic heirlooms have the SAME ilvl as regular heroic weapons, but they have already been upgraded (you cant upgrade them again) when they drop.

And ofc, Heroic Warforged weapons will always have a higher ilvl then any other weapon (inc heirlooms) as long as you upgrade them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Szensa View Post
    The Heirlooms have the same ilvl as twice upgraded Normal/Heroic weapons. So take it as they are 2x upgraded for free, but cannot be Warforged.
    And this, folks, is why reading comprehension is so important and the prevalence of its lacking is fairly obvious.

Let's reword the above without changing anything that was meant:

Tojara said "Heroic warforged is better because it can still be upgraded. Heroic Heirlooms are the same as 2/2 Heroics."
    I said: "Yes, you're are correct. Wouldn't it have been nice if the Heirlooms had still been 574 and upgradeable to 582?"

This kind of "oh god you're wrong blood-in-the-water-go-go-go!" mentality isn't helpful to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Wow, WTB a lock on this thread as the question has been answered
    Same here or the same reason.
    Last edited by TheWindWalker; 2014-01-18 at 05:47 PM. Reason: grammar
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

And this, folks, is why reading comprehension is so important and the prevalence of its lacking is fairly obvious.
    No need to get defensive. What about my post emanated an "oh god you're wrong" vibe ? I was trying to help clarify since there seemed to be a misunderstanding.

Also, looks like you're trying to walk back on what you initially wrote. At best, your wording was unclear. If you want to attack reading comprehension, please look back at what you initially wrote, word-for-word as you wrote it, and ask if what you wrote there would reasonably be interpreted to mean what you're saying here that you meant.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

For those of you who've had your first drop thus far, what spec were you in and what dropped?

(I'm trying to get an idea of whether it's 2h or 1h biased.)
    WW Monk, 2h Polearm.

Main spec Resto druid, but set loot as "Boomkin" because I wanted the 2H staff. Got the 1H spirit mace.

2nd drop main spec resto, loot set as resto, got the tank shield.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got the 2h caster staff my first kill and have since gotten the following: 2x 1h agi axes, caster offhand, and 2x agi polearm (one in flex and one on normal). I, personally, was very disappointed when I got my second agi axe, I'm really hoping for something strength related for my poor warrior alt. ;_;

All of them dropped when I was a mistweaver though. I do hope I run out of agi things to get as I no longer have agi alts that can make use of these. >.<