Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by facerollin View Post
    So many idiot posters in this thread.
    Who's the bigger idiot? The idiot who enters a thread with an opinion to share, or the idiot who enters a thread having nothing to say, and merely points out the idiocy of it?
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I don't see the problem, You're doing arena carries, But if the other team is a no show, You did nothing, you "carried" no-one so you don't deserve to be paid IMO.

But yes, that definitely is not win trading either way.

Deleted
    So a win-trader got "scammed" and now he is whining. There is a word for it but I just cant put my finger on it...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aullahh View Post
    So a win-trader got "scammed" and now he is whining. There is a word for it but I just cant put my finger on it...
    How can you manage to ignore the several definitions of win-trading that have been posted and still post this crap?

Quote Originally Posted by Tzalix View Post
    Who's the bigger idiot? The idiot who enters a thread with an opinion to share, or the idiot who enters a thread having nothing to say, and merely points out the idiocy of it?
    You're very insightful.

Clap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I think this thread proves that in WotLK, not only has being bad and lazy become acceptable, but a defendable position and point of pride for some people.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    How can you manage to ignore the several definitions of win-trading that have been posted and still post this crap?
    To be fair it's pretty obvious, technically it is win trading, If you trade gold for an arena win it's Win-Trade Win-Trade so it doesn't matter if it's not what is actually considered the "real" win/trade, it still is.

10+ Year Old Account
    You ticketed a gm because you lost out on 200gold from doing something that sits on the grey area of the rules in the first place? >.<

Well lets hope we got one less silly wonnabe pro person killing the fun at low rated games.

A shame they did not slap a short ban on you also, so you could complain about that also.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
    So I was doing arena carries for gold (which is 100% legit, you can do in-game services for gold no matter what it is). The person I was carrying said 100g a win and I said sure. We got a team that was a no-show and I asked him to pay up for the 100g but he refused. We actually won the next game as well, since he didn't pay I left the group and told him to mail me the gold or I'll report him for scamming.

Fast forward to today, Blizzard replies with "Please use caution when you agree to provide a service for gold before receiving payment especially when it is something that is a violation of our terms of use such as win trading. Keep in mind that win trading can get your account actioned as it is a violation of our terms of use."

So basically I'm now considered a win-trader because a team in a 2v2 game didn't show up? This is not win-trading. I was scammed 200g and left in the dust. I don't really care about the 200g, its the principle. Who is in the wrong here? Judging by this response it seems like anybody can scam for gold and there's nothing Blizzard will do about it.
    Your a douche!

No show...you won by default. Really, you didn't carry that match. You get PAID when you actually do something to win.

10+ Year Old Account
    i was boosting fresh 85's at mid-late cata as well but what i learned may prove useful to you op, so listen carefully.

this is considered as a win trading because :

1) there is a ''win'' and a ''trade'' in this matter and yes, i am serious. this is what i am told back in the days.

2) especially if you win a game against a no-show team, you are basically gg. this is what real win traders do to reduce the time consumption. so beware.

3) basically anyone can report anyone in any kind of situation. so an opposing team may report you while you survive 10 minutes when your team mate died in first 3 seconds. not saying this is illegal, but it can happen too.

4) 100g is nothing nowadays. even if you do 4-5 random quests at pandaria you will earn it. i highly advice against win trading.

just my 2 cents, based on personal experience.

So I was doing arena carries for gold (which is 100% legit, you can do in-game services for gold no matter what it is). The person I was carrying said 100g a win and I said sure. We got a team that was a no-show and I asked him to pay up for the 100g but he refused. We actually won the next game as well, since he didn't pay I left the group and told him to mail me the gold or I'll report him for scamming.

Fast forward to today, Blizzard replies with "Please use caution when you agree to provide a service for gold before receiving payment especially when it is something that is a violation of our terms of use such as win trading. Keep in mind that win trading can get your account actioned as it is a violation of our terms of use."

So basically I'm now considered a win-trader because a team in a 2v2 game didn't show up? This is not win-trading. I was scammed 200g and left in the dust. I don't really care about the 200g, its the principle. Who is in the wrong here? Judging by this response it seems like anybody can scam for gold and there's nothing Blizzard will do about it.
    Well this was just for weekly cap so i dont see a problem with it at all...
    If people is hurting because of this meh...
    Wintrading / paying for glad or high ratings is very disgusting.
    Paying 100g pr win for weekly cap i dont see no problem with.

Deleted
    everyone is bitching about OP, but everyone would be pissed also when they get scammed...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Honestly I don't see the problem, You're doing arena carries, But if the other team is a no show, You did nothing, you "carried" no-one so you don't deserve to be paid IMO.
    This.

You get paid for actually winnig matches - but in this case, you did absolutely nothing. Why would he pay you for it?

Your mad because you got scammed for 200g? come one grow up its 200g,

How is it any different than paying for someone to craft you an item, or any kind of service? Thats right... there is none.
    There is a difference when gaming and manipulating in a competitive and ranked environment.
    There is no ranking in professions.
    It IS entirely different, and you know it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitti Pryde View Post
    Congratulations, you got a cookie-cutter ass response from Blizzard.

You're not a win-trader so you don't have anything to worry about. I think you're safe and you'll live without 200g. If you think nobody's ever going to screw you over with the use of the "honor system", you're gonna have a bad time. It's just like people ninja'ing in PUGs. I personally wouldn't pay for a no-show match myself, because you didn't technically do anything, but I wouldn't buy a 2s carry either, so meh.

Don't let some foolishness eat you up.
    What do you mean that he has nothing to worry about? Blizzard can call him whatever they want and ban him without a second though. No matter if he is in the right or wrong.

IMO, all boosts for gold should be cracked down on.

These types of transactions aren't supported by Blizzard, they won't care how much you get scammed for. You won't get back your gold. Same goes for buying LFR queues, game time, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctredors View Post
    These types of transactions aren't supported by Blizzard, they won't care how much you get scammed for. You won't get back your gold. Same goes for buying LFR queues, game time, etc.
    No but they will likely take action against the other player, just not forgive the OP for boosting.

Unless it can be bought on the AH, Blizz does little about scams involving gold. They may remove the gold from the scammer and ban, but they do not return it to the one scammed unless the thing bought can be bought in the AH. So selling wins/buying guilds/buying servives can lose you gold.