Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I know full well how to mute the game and of train wreckers. Also, see the underlined portion of your writing. I am not being classified as a troll to the player who is IMO (of which I am entitled as well) more sagacious than much of what we see here. So, yes, it makes perfect sense indeed.
    It may make sense until you read the whole paragraph I didn't care to quote. You go on to complain about trolls in general (that they hassle people etc in trade pretty regularly) Then go on to say if that classifies you as a troll you're fine with it. Or "so be it" I think what the exact phrase you used.

Also, I'm by no means calling you a troll or implying that kicking that mage would even make you one, merely stating the fact that you ranted on about trolls but within the same paragraph say that if you're looked upon as one then "so be it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tailswipe View Post
    You should have kicked him before the boss if you had an issue. What you did reeks of douche bag.
    I agree with this, just kick him and find another dps. Now you had his high dps possibly get you through the fight, only to kick him so he has no loot... You only make it worse by acting like that. If anything I'd say that kicking someone at 2% health is worse then trolling people with a fucking train set.

Total jerk move, no two ways about it.

I hate the stupid train as well. Kicking the guy earlier between bosses would have been constructive and reasonable, for the sake of the group. But kicking him at 2% of the final boss is just a petty minded and spiteful cheapshot for which you didn't have the balls earlier in the raid because you were dependant on the guy to carry your ass through the raid. So if your goal was to act childish and be a jerk, well, bullseye.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    It was douchey but apparently conventional methods of communication had failed.

And frankly if you could have:

1) Kicking asshole with train set before killing boss and missing out on his godly DPS
    2) Kicking asshole with train set after using up 98% of his godly DPS

I would recommend 2), because there's only so much asshole someone has a right to expect people to put up with before experiencing retaliation in kind.

If you're in Flex he gets loot anyway so it's not like you are stealing anything from his asshole self.
    It's not even about the loot, when I did it I wasn't thinking about him not getting loot, just how the act of being kicked with a boss @ 2% has to sting a little bit. Someone said earlier in this thread that it locked him out for the week, and I commented essentially saying that is a good side-benefit. Guess that was not correct information (and that's fine), but getting kicked with a boss @ 2% has to suck, and I am happy to have done such a thing to a troll. What's more is how the guy was taken aback, almost is if, "I can't believe you actually kicked me."

Speaking of Ted Bundy, btw, I guess the woman that flipped the switch on that electric chair was just as much a "troll" as Bundy himself, right guys?

He was immature, but you were more of a jerk to kick him when the boss was almost dead. Either kick him before the pull, mute your sound, or buy a train wrecker from the toy store in Dalaran.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd have kicked him before the Garrosh pull. Booting him out at the last second was taking it a bit too far on the counter-douche scale.

It is awesome to hear that happened to a train-set dropper though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    Wasn't there item that destroys that train set?
    Yup. And I specifically carry the Train Wrecker on every single one of my characters. People pull that stupid train set out at the most inopportune times, just to be douche bags. Everybody knows that thing is annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    It has a 30min CD...

If you were really one-shotting the bosses there's no way he could put it down before each one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    Total jerk move, no two ways about it.

I hate the stupid train as well. Kicking the guy earlier between bosses would have been constructive and reasonable, for the sake of the group. But kicking him at 2% of the final boss is just a petty minded and spiteful cheapshot for which you didn't have the balls earlier in the raid because you were dependant on the guy to carry your ass through the raid. So if your goal was to act childish and be a jerk, well, bullseye.
    Actually no, it was a 545+ group, everyone was pumping out good numbers, I coulda kicked him before Garrosh or Paragons and we would have still one shot it 9 manning it (I don't do that 14 man "magic number" shit). Just so happened his numbers were that much better. So no, although his 300k+ DPS was nice, nobody in that raid was dependent on a carry. But thanks anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by MW4Life View Post
    Actually no, it was a 545+ group, everyone was pumping out good numbers, I coulda kicked him before Garrosh or Paragons and we would have still one shot it 9 manning it (I don't do that 14 man "magic number" shit). Just so happened his numbers were that much better. So no, although his 300k+ DPS was nice, nobody in that raid was dependent on a carry. But thanks anyway.
    Ultimately that's not the point. The point is that your reaction to him being a douche was to one-up him on it, which is very telling in terms of mindset and attitude, so, yeah.

carrying or no carrying, you went from being the mature part in that situation to being the immature, power hungry douchebag. What he did was annoying at most, but srsly. You are not talking to people on vent from what you wrote. It is flex, 545 ilvl min, aka ppl will know what to do, or atleast they should. You were NOT using your VOICE to communicate, so why do you feel the need to kick him at the most fucked up time?
    At most, use the train wrecker. Same cd as the train itself. if you dont have it you got no right to complain, WHAT SO EVER!
    But as you can gather from the above, you went from having a nice case of sympathy to being the douch that should be trashed.
    And to the rest of you saying well deserved punishment. Hope none of ya ever have to be in a jury or aims to be lawyers/judges cause thats some fucked up senses of judgement.
    Amen.

Deleted
    What you did was way over the top for a simple train set. You're the one in the wrong not him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobro View Post
    It has a 30min CD...

If you were really one-shotting the bosses there's no way he could put it down before each one.

A Tank left after Blackfuse and it took a while to get another who was 545 (sorry about high ilvl, I just like smashing it for heirlooms and chance at pets). Ended up getting one, and another raid member whispered me telling me he's got on ungemmed hpally boots and a healer trinket so checked that out and ended up kicking that tank, and had to wait that much longer for another tank. Funny how I am called a bad leader when I am pretty democratic. In the case of the tank with holy gear, I readychecked the raid saying "tank has holy gear and cheesed ilvl to get here; 'yes' to kick 'no' to keep him." And we took a 10 min break before Garrosh waiting for a DPS who claimed please wait he has to eat dinner. If was such a shit leader I would have bitched him out instead of asking the raid "y'all cool with taking 10 minutes while he eats?" The guy who had to eat dinner was one of the lowest DPS, btw -- most RL would have kicked him especially with many more in queue like I had.

Assume some more, guys (not saying you Yakobro)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    Ultimately that's not the point. The point is that your reaction to him being a douche was to one-up him on it, which is very telling in terms of mindset and attitude, so, yeah.
    Then don't mention it! And don't try to worm out... you said "...because you were dependant on the guy to carry your ass through the raid." Now you come here saying "ultimately that's not the point. So, then, what you were saying earlier was a bunch of pointless garbage, right?
    Last edited by MW4Life; 2014-01-18 at 09:08 AM.

Yeah, that was a bitch move OP. You should have kicked him at the beginning of the fight or let him finish. You needed him and you were too much of a puss to take a stand when you should have.

Quote Originally Posted by Issalice View Post
    That thing annoys me as well. I have the train destroyer on my main, but I also have lil xt which smashes them, so when I'm on my alts I don't need to deal with that awful sound.

While what you did was kind of shitty, I don't disagree with the choice you made. He was being disrespectful. If you hadn't asked him repeatedly to stop I would side with him. But he was clearly just doing that because he knew it was getting under everyone's skin and he was perfectly aware of his dps. I'm assuming he thought he was untouchable which is why he kept up the act. That kind of attitude deserves to be kicked.
    I pretty much have to agree with this. Especially lately the auction trains have been pissing me off to no end, and Lil' XT is incredibly slow at destroying them. If anything, he needs to react and destroy the set at least 4 times faster.

I wouldn't do what the OP did, but my sympathy for the mage is just about nil. He got what he deserved, 100%. If only the fight were as long as possible, so he had the most time wasted.

So you used him. Yep, you are a POS.

Lol, why even make this garbage thread? You are obviously not here to reflect on your actions or to see if you made the right call or not. Sounds to me like you just want people to agree with you and go, "Hurray, way to one up the guy!". Great job I guess? You sure showed him!

Did the mage deserve it? Sure, the WoW community is atrocious anyway and people like you would just respond in kind instead of using morals and logic in the equation. It's just a flex, though. I don't think he's all that torn up over it so it's probably an eye opener to him if anything. Doesn't change the fact it's a douchebag move on your part and really makes you no better than he was.

Two wrongs doesn't make a right, especially over something as silly as train set sounds.

Uhm so you only said you were annoyed by it and wanted him to stop? Maybe you should've mentioned if he wouldn't stop you would actually kick him from the raid and he would have stopped? Just showing you are annoyed to then just kick him like that is a really scumbag move on your part, especially seeing how you could have just turned off your sound to something that slightly annoys you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage View Post
    Lol, why even make this garbage thread? You are obviously not here to reflect on your actions or to see if you made the right call or not. Sounds to me like you just want people to agree with you and go, "Hurray, way to one up the guy!". Great job I guess? You sure showed him!

Did the mage deserve it? Sure, the WoW community is atrocious anyway and people like you would just respond in kind instead of using morals and logic in the equation. It's just a flex, though. I don't think he's all that torn up over it so it's probably an eye opener to him if anything. Doesn't change the fact it's a douchebag move on your part and really makes you no better than he was.

Two wrongs doesn't make a right, especially over something as silly as train set sounds.
    This.

OP, you're a jerk.

No reason to do that.

Hmmm, almost makes me wonder if you are him. Nice name calling over the internet on one hand while speaking of childishness and manhood on another.
    Or you could grow up? This line just confirms the poster you're quoting even more.

Maybe I'm not such a bad leader after all. <3
    I'm sure everyone that's hungry for power like you tells that to themselves. No. Go white-knight some LFR raids, and see where that ends.